pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 147.
#6451 11 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I was going to play one and it was stuck on a ball 3 multiball just draining and recycling the ball repeatedly

There are some bugs where the ball will keep cycling instead of draining. Power cycling clears.

#6452 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Blows my mind after what happens on the deadflip stream that they send a pin to a show and have it have that same problem. It's like they really really don't want to sell these things.
If they DID want to sell pinball machines, with foresight, the conversation, would go: "Ok, we are sending these 4 machines to these 2 dealers, to be used at a pinball show where hundreds of people will play them, and hopefully want to buy them. We've had a ton of bad feedback about airballs, so Bob your job, before you box those games up, is to put our prototype target bracket in there like we did for MGC(?). Jerry, your job is to make sure the ball lock mech is working perfectly, because that deadflip stream was fucking embarrassing"
If you didn't have that foresight, you just send Bob or Jerry to the show to make sure your freaking game works before you let people play it.

This whole launch has been an embarrassment. How fanboys can argue against this is mind blowing. It is way over priced. For working on a game for so long, it was definitely not ready for prime time. Your main toy was avoided like the plague on the live stream. That’s pathetic.

#6453 11 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

This whole launch has been an embarrassment. How fanboys can argue against this is mind blowing. It is way over priced. For working on a game for so long, it was definitely not ready for prime time. Your main toy was avoided like the plague on the live stream. That’s pathetic.

And you just keep repeating things other people say over and over. That's an embarrassment.

#6454 11 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

And you just keep repeating things other people say over and over. That's an embarrassment.

Oooh. Sick burn man.

#6455 11 months ago

So, I have said it before, and I must say it again.

You hate the game. You will never buy the game. You have nothing to offer. Do us all a favor and take your dead horse beating and GTF out.

#6456 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Oooh. Sick burn man.

Thanks, means a lot coming from someone that knows quality burns

#6457 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Blows my mind after what happens on the deadflip stream that they send a pin to a show and have it have that same problem. It's like they really really don't want to sell these things.
If they DID want to sell pinball machines, with foresight, the conversation, would go: "Ok, we are sending these 4 machines to these 2 dealers, to be used at a pinball show where hundreds of people will play them, and hopefully want to buy them. We've had a ton of bad feedback about airballs, so Bob your job, before you box those games up, is to put our prototype target bracket in there like we did for MGC(?). Jerry, your job is to make sure the ball lock mech is working perfectly, because that deadflip stream was fucking embarrassing"
If you didn't have that foresight, you just send Bob or Jerry to the show to make sure your freaking game works before you let people play it.

Agree 100%
Befuddles the mind
I don't think the leadership over at AP knows what they are doing

I really wanted this to be the game that finally made me send AP some money

#6458 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Guy, if it was any other company, you would be hired with this as your resume.

But not for AP and galactic tank fuckup.

I really worry about the jr designers and their game ideas and the very real possibility of a massive skill gap and resulting expectations… internally at AP and customers wanting a functionally working game…

#6459 11 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Guy, if it was any other company, you would be hired with this as your resume.
But not for AP and galactic tank fuckup.
I really worry about the jr designers and their game ideas and the very real possibility of a massive skill gap and resulting expectations… internally at AP and customers wanting a functionally working game…

I am guessing if I want to buy this game, I should wait for them to address all the issues?

#6460 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I am guessing if I want to buy this game, I should wait for them to address all the issues?

Unless you collect led light boxes or boat anchors… then I would say there are a lot of options to consider

#6461 11 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Unless you collect led light boxes or boat anchors… then I would say there are a lot of options to consider

Do you even own one? What has been your experience with the game directly? Not trying to be smart, it's an honest question.

#6462 11 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Agree 100%
Befuddles the mind
I don't think the leadership over at AP knows what they are doing
I really wanted this to be the game that finally made me send AP some money

My thoughts exactly. I was all hopped up on an American title that finally spoke to me. And now this. All of it.

I don’t think you can really point to one single aspect of this release and say “That was a good move…”

$7-10k is huge for someone who can pick up a WPT for three grand and be about as thrilled to play it as many of newer titles out there. Just saying… It’s a tough sell for me.

#6463 11 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

My thoughts exactly. I was all hopped up on an American title that finally spoke to me. And now this. All of it.
I don’t think you can really point to one single aspect of this release and say “That was a good move…”
$7-10k is huge for someone who can pick up a WPT for three grand and be about as thrilled to play it as many of newer titles out there. Just saying… It’s a tough sell for me.

I'm sorry, do you pay $7-10k for the release experience... or do you pay for the game itself?

At this point why are people still beating the horse about the release? PLAY THE FREAKING GAME then decide if the money is worth it to you... not if horrible David Fix marketing is worth your money.

#6464 11 months ago

beating a dead horse (as the saying goes), yeah, cause this game is dead
the release is just one of those things you cant "unsee"
the now infamous live stream also cant be "unseen"
this whole fiasco has just been hilarious.....a real sh!t show as they say
the only positive is all the passion in this thread

#6465 11 months ago
Quoted from fourvdean:

LOL! I guess I am walking into the haters thread? I played the game at Pinfest and it was actually pretty fun and entertaining!

What did I miss here? Did a game catch on fire, burn someones home down or something?

#6466 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

LOL! I guess I am walking into the haters thread? I played the game at Pinfest and it was actually pretty fun and entertaining!
What did I miss here? Did a game catch on fire, burn someones home down or something?

yeah a renaming of this thread from hype to haters would probably be appropriate LOL

#6467 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm sorry, do you pay $7-10k for the release experience... or do you pay for the game itself?
At this point why are people still beating the horse about the release? PLAY THE FREAKING GAME then decide if the money is worth it to you... not if horrible David Fix marketing is worth your money.

I will. When it is anywhere in New England. I love how you been propping this one up Flynn but to dismiss EVERYTHING to date with “play the game” is just a straw man argument.

In your face targets that bend back and airball with no fix in sight? I’m good for now. Maybe some time in on it after it’s FIXed I’ll change my mind. Like I said my money went elsewhere…

#6468 11 months ago
Quoted from fourvdean:

yeah a renaming of this thread from hype to haters would probably be appropriate LOL

I mean I'll be honest, I didn't go through this entire thread to read all the ins and outs of what is wrong but what are the major issues so far?

#6469 11 months ago

The game seems was meant to parody retro sci fi but in reality parodies pinball itself. The owners thread is the place for positive posts as few will be found here. I don't hear any owners trolling back here with "I told you so's" after opening their NIB project. Also the majority of derogatory posts here are made by folks, including myself, that wanted this game to be great and the thread has become a place to vent their disappointment with the release of a sub par game in a market that was flash flooded with good ones.

#6470 11 months ago
Quoted from fourvdean:

the only positive is all the passion in this thread</blockq

Screenshot (295) (resized).pngScreenshot (295) (resized).png

#6471 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

[quoted image]

Right in the bollocks

#6472 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Do you even own one? What has been your experience with the game directly? Not trying to be smart, it's an honest question.

Quoted from flynnibus:

AHEM... 7-10k? you mean 9.4-17k?

No, none of us "even own one" guys. Couldn't really if we wanted to. They've only made like 15 of them as far as we can tell. I did order one some 7 weeks or so ago, With the understanding they were going into production shortly. But all crickets since of course. Would also love to just "PLAY THE FREAKING GAME" on location too, but unfortunately you're several hundred miles away, and so are the other 6 machines at locations that I see on the map.

So... we can't buy the game. we can't play the game. AP won't talk about the game. You see why we're just spinning in a circle shitting on the launch? It's all we've got to go on.

#6473 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

No, none of us "even own one" guys. Couldn't really if we wanted to. They've only made like 15 of them as far as we can tell. I did order one some 7 weeks or so ago, With the understanding they were going into production shortly. But all crickets since of course. Would also love to just "PLAY THE FREAKING GAME" on location too, but unfortunately you're several hundred miles away, and so are the other 6 machines at locations that I see on the map.
So... we can't buy the game. we can't play the game. AP won't talk about the game. You see why we're just spinning in a circle shitting on the launch? It's all we've got to go on.

Right on. I played a few different ones at Pinfest and plan on playing another this weekend on location. I guess I just got lucky having such simple access.

#6474 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Mine was 9,000 - no tax and no shipping. I was driving 570 miles to attend Allentown anyway. Didn't have to play it to know I wanted it. 3 others there to buy. Closer to 40 made that I am aware. More are shipping.

YOU could own/play one *IF* you wanted to. Much easier to be a victim.

#6475 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Then your not buying any Stern, AP, Spooky, CGC and JJP, etc new released games. Most new games have issues. I know it should not happen but it does, IE: Stern node board issues, JJP playfields, quality control issues with Spooky, CGC with CC toppers, etc.

#6476 11 months ago

Actually I feel like if you were holding out for an American pinball game why not buy Houdini, Oktoberfest, or Hotwheels any of those games is very good and polished at like 6-7k lightly used. American Pinball is really competing with themselves out there.

#6477 11 months ago

The launch of this game has been legendairy and I won't listen otherwise

#6478 11 months ago

I've played the game, its fine. Its fun enough. Its very stupid but not in a good way. The 50 people who are gonna buy one will enjoy it for the most part and the rest of us will all just wonder wtf they were thinking.

#6479 11 months ago

I played at TPF it was kinda fun; personally would never really want to own one. The one I played wasn't level & could barely make it up the ramp. I think if you have a large collection 10 plus pins it might be nice to add. But honestly nothing special; I wanted it to be a great game it just isn't.

#6480 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Mine was 9,000 - no tax and no shipping. I was driving 570 miles to attend Allentown anyway. Didn't have to play it to know I wanted it. 3 others there to buy. Closer to 40 made that I am aware. More are shipping.
YOU could own/play one *IF* you wanted to. Much easier to be a victim.

Congratulations. You are a snowflake. Buying slightly used, and a teensy bit busted up pinball machine by driving 570 miles to a Allentown for 9 even (which seems like a great deal compared to $400 shipping btw) is not something everyone could do, because there were only 4 machines.
But It's Ok. I thought I wanted it, still think I -may- like it. But there's too many other pins out there I decided I'd rather have this year, and if I'm wrong on those I'm quite certain I won't instantly loose >$1k.

#6481 11 months ago

I hope owners get a fix for the tank soon. The replacement parts for the tank standups better not be chocolate

#6482 11 months ago

Snowflake? You have got the zingers today. How will I ever recover ? Can I come over to your pity party and have a good cry ?

Buh bye DB.

#6483 11 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Then your not buying any Stern, AP, Spooky, CGC and JJP, etc new released games. Most new games have issues. I know it should not happen but it does, IE: Stern node board issues, JJP playfields, quality control issues with Spooky, CGC with CC toppers, etc.

Exactly! It’s always wise to wait for early production issues to be addressed-no matter who the MFG is.

We played GTF at the Allentown Show on Fri. We both enjoyed playing the machine. The flippers felt strong and snappy. It seemed to have good flow.
If I didn’t have a CC plus and a Scooby Doo ordered it would be on my short list of machines to add to my collection. We really like old Horror and Sci Fi movies, agreed to play it more in the future and then determine if we want to purchase one.

1624C0CB-601F-4AFC-AB65-12AE70E29218 (resized).jpeg1624C0CB-601F-4AFC-AB65-12AE70E29218 (resized).jpeg58102FF5-BE54-4A3E-9097-D5072BAAAD0C (resized).jpeg58102FF5-BE54-4A3E-9097-D5072BAAAD0C (resized).jpeg
#6484 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

You are speaking fire. All True. I will definitely play a GTF! when I see one, but won’t go out of my way to do it. Put the game close by and I’ll put $20 in, unless the game misfires. Realistically, my best bet playing one will be at a show. If they bring one game and have long lines, I won’t bother trying. But if they bring 3-4 games, then yeah I’ll stand in line 15 min to play. AP has to prove their game deserves my bill$ (and my time) at this point. The communication with Buyers and Distros is unsatisfactory. I’ll give it a try at SFGE at the end of July. That gives them 2 months to get their sh!t together.

On the matter of which model, I most strongly like the deluxe, feeling it is the ideal combo of features. However, the LE tank is pretty cool and ridiculous at the same time. Based on current pricing I will never own either. But that implies, if they were much cheaper, as in being on closeout at 50% write down, then I’d be a Buyer.

#6485 11 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I will. When it is anywhere in New England. I love how you been propping this one up Flynn but to dismiss EVERYTHING to date with “play the game” is just a straw man argument.

You obviously don't know what those words mean.

Quoted from LORDDREK:

In your face targets that bend back and airball with no fix in sight? I’m good for now. Maybe some time in on it after it’s FIXed I’ll change my mind. Like I said my money went elsewhere…

You're gonna not buy a game because of a metal bracket that is already planned to be replaced? ok... *rolleyes*

I mean, trust me I'm one of the biggest pessimists around... but the shit you all get wrapped around is unfucking real.

#6486 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

No, none of us "even own one" guys. Couldn't really if we wanted to.

Except those that do. So.. yeah... Plus the game has been at all the major eastern shows now since it's release. TPF, MGC, Allentown, and AMOA out west. The number 7-10k was what lordderek used...

Quoted from Sorokyl:

They've only made like 15 of them as far as we can tell. I did order one some 7 weeks or so ago, With the understanding they were going into production shortly. But all crickets since of course. Would also love to just "PLAY THE FREAKING GAME" on location too, but unfortunately you're several hundred miles away, and so are the other 6 machines at locations that I see on the map.

Point being... why bother slinging shit on repeat over stuff that means absolutely nothing anymore? No one will ever be hurt again by the horrible marketing they did... or horrible video they made... or the lackluster JD stream they did. Literally every person will ignore all those things when they actually get their own time with the time to make their own impression. So why keep repeating the same stuff ad nauseam and shut your mind to actually what matters... the game.

Seriously.. all the launch non-sense is just history at this point. I'm bothered it's taking them time to send me a bracket... or when games will be shipping in volume... not beating the same dead horse about a video that doesn't reflect the game experience AT ALL.

Chant Fire David Fix for all I care... but failing to get past the launch assets is pretty lame thinking. None of us are in the hobby for the launch materials!

#6487 11 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Congratulations. You are a snowflake. Buying slightly used, and a teensy bit busted up pinball machine by driving 570 miles to a Allentown for 9 even (which seems like a great deal compared to $400 shipping btw) is not something everyone could do, because there were only 4 machines.
But It's Ok. I thought I wanted it, still think I -may- like it. But there's too many other pins out there I decided I'd rather have this year, and if I'm wrong on those I'm quite certain I won't instantly loose >$1k.

C’mon. A teensy bit of self reflection in responses. This game is an artistic wet dream but until folks play them longer term I’m in a holding position.

#6488 11 months ago

So what is going on at AP? Seems they used to be better at basic support and communication. Is David Fix the problem?

#6489 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Except those that do. So.. yeah... Plus the game has been at all the major eastern shows now since it's release. TPF, MGC, Allentown, and AMOA out west. The number 7-10k was what lordderek used...

Point being... why bother slinging shit on repeat over stuff that means absolutely nothing anymore? No one will ever be hurt again by the horrible marketing they did... or horrible video they made... or the lackluster JD stream they did. Literally every person will ignore all those things when they actually get their own time with the time to make their own impression. So why keep repeating the same stuff ad nauseam and shut your mind to actually what matters... the game.
Seriously.. all the launch non-sense is just history at this point. I'm bothered it's taking them time to send me a bracket... or when games will be shipping in volume... not beating the same dead horse about a video that doesn't reflect the game experience AT ALL.
Chant Fire David Fix for all I care... but failing to get past the launch assets is pretty lame thinking. None of us are in the hobby for the launch materials!

Their using the Stern experience as a metric.

Stern can blow fat stacks of cash on a marketing scheme that can sell, raisins and people buy the $$$ raisins with plasterd band photo on the front and the Stern Stans will gobble it up sight unseen.

The exemption to this was the bond 60th edition.

On the other hand makers like American pinball with lower marketing budgets produce what they can afford and everyone shreds them to pieces because, they lack the dollars and influence and the names.

Compare George Gomez to Dennis Nordman who going to illicit a better emotional responce from pinball community, it's going to Gomez. Gomez Is the Steve Ritchie of the 80s and early 90s.

Theirs no duds everytime this man produces a Whitewood, it's the best thing since humpty dumpty but saying anything negative about his style will illicit negative experience from some in the community.

At the end of the day it boils down to having Stern pinball being the longest in the game so, manny in the hobby will use Stern as their collective rubric on how others preform instead of coming at it from a base by base basis with each company.

#6490 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Flynnibus, I have given up arguing with the closed minded here. They are butt hurt because the game isn't what they want it to be. Fine. Move on.

Let them figure it out, or not, for themselves. Life is too short to be constantly pissed off. See you in the owners thread.

#6491 11 months ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

Their using the Stern experience as a metric.
Stern can blow fat stacks of cash on a marketing scheme that can sell, raisins and people buy the $$$ raisins with plasterd band photo on the front and the Stern Stans will gobble it up sight unseen.
The exemption to this was the bond 60th edition.
On the other hand makers like American pinball with lower marketing budgets produce what they can afford and everyone shreds them to pieces because, they lack the dollars and influence and the names.
Compare George Gomez to Dennis Nordman who going to illicit a better emotional responce from pinball community, it's going to Gomez. Gomez Is the Steve Ritchie of the 80s and early 90s.
Theirs no duds everytime this man produces a Whitewood, it's the best thing since humpty dumpty but saying anything negative about his style will illicit negative experience from some in the community.
At the end of the day it boils down to having Stern pinball being the longest in the game so, manny in the hobby will use Stern as their collective rubric on how others preform instead of coming at it from a base by base basis with each company.

Wait what? Each company should be graded on a curve based upon their own output rather than against the industry leader or each other? That's absurd. They all cost real money right? I agree that Sterns can start to feel 'same-y' but I have no interest in buying something that's 'pretty good for an American Pinball machine'. At least with Stern certain standards are met even when you have to immediately replace the coil stops...

#6492 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I have given up arguing with the closed minded here. They are butt hurt because the game isn't what they want it to be. Fine. Move on

As you should. Who cares if others don't like the game? You do and that's all that matters.

#6493 11 months ago

Quick take ... played one game at Allentown, couldn't hear the call outs very well, but thought the video clips looked pretty good. Lighting effects were cool, like many have said before. I prefer the look of the Deluxe cab over the LE.

I enjoyed the risk of shooting the tank .. if I lost a ball, so what .. I'm not in a high-stakes tournament, I'm flipping to have some fun .. which I did. Serious pinball player's opinions will likely vary from mine.

#6494 11 months ago

Ok ok OK

They should have put two targets behind the flippers instead of those weird gate things.

Hit the tank, airball to the targets behind the flippers... big points. Problem solved.

#6495 11 months ago

How's that flipper whine you keep complaining and crying about in your SD? Spooky still not answering you even though you asked about 25 times?

#6496 11 months ago

I have not played the pin yet but some friends of mine have and they really enjoyed it.

#6497 11 months ago

I started to come up with tank puns, but I don't want the thread to go off track

#6498 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I started to come up with tank puns, but I don't want the thread to go off track

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#6499 11 months ago

I don't understand all the hate for a game people haven't even played. I got some time on one at Ocelot Brewing (thanks flynnibus ) and enjoyed my time on the machine. The layout/flow has some short comings. It is a stop and go shooter, instead of the typical Nordman flow. Can't wait for the code to evolve more. AP has some of the best coded games (OKT is a hidden gem of depth and complexity).

The launch was lacking, but does anyone still talk about the Bond, Hot Wheels, or any other launch before GNR? NO.

For those complaining about not having a machine close by, sometimes you have to travel to play. Or maybe support your local operators more often so they have incentive to purchase the newest machines and put them on route.

AP lost several key people that were vital to their support, and it is noticable.

#6500 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Tanks a bunch!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/130 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.