pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 147.
#5701 1 year ago
Quoted from Method_Own:

I don’t get why I keep hearing (TPF) issues regarding the soggy flippers. The pinball party podcast guy said the flippers felt terrible at MGC. Couldn’t make the ramp etc. Johnny Pinball (YouTube) said GTF was the game of the MGC show for him.
No flipper issues on JD’s stream or Ocelot stream.

The several GTF games I played at TPF played great other than the one game with bent tank targets that caused air balls. AP is fixing this issue with a bracket(s) for the 5 tank targets. The flipper strength is adjustable on AP games so this really is not an issue.

#5702 1 year ago

Cool to see Jack Danger rise above the pettiness and simply stream a direct competitors pin. The good, bad and ugly. Some people here could learn from him.

#5703 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Judge it for yourselves after you have seen it, heard and played it.

Like EVERY pin... Some will love it. Some will hate it. EVERYONE should be willing to play it. And only non pin heads will find nothing redeeming about it. Pinball is fun. It's a question of degree--some games are more fun than others for EVERYONE.

If you have an interest in this game, and you are on the fence... For the love of God play it, and stop wasting your time reading crap here and watching YouTube to make your decision.

#5704 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Cool to see Jack Danger rise above the pettiness and simply stream a direct competitors pin. The good, bad and ugly. Some people here could learn from him.

Exactly. Much respect for him after that show of class.

It’s his job but he didn’t have to do it. He’s a fan of all pinball. And more pinball helps everybody.

Never pays to burn bridges. Things change. Lyman left, Ritchie left/fired, Keith, Dirty Donnie etc etc. Nordman been everywhere

#5705 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

The several GTF games I played at TPF played great other than the one game with bent tank targets that caused air balls. AP is fixing this issue with a bracket(s) for the 5 tank targets. The flipper strength is adjustable on AP games so this really is not an issue.

No air ball issues reported on the game here locally that has been actually played.

#5706 1 year ago

What really does a game play Video serve? It is not that hard to look at a playfield and see where the ball might possibly go.

People getting their knickers in a bunch of not seeing someone else playing a game, when in reality the best way to decide on buying a game is to actually play it yourself.

This crazed demand to see a game play Video when you know full well that companies are going to put their best player in to make the game shinny should be stupid.

Are we that dumb that we don't know how a drop target works and what is going on we can't use our imagination to move a ball around the playfield.

Operators back in the 80s and 70s did not video's but only flyers with still images but yet games like count down sold like gang busters and now we can't bear the idea that a game cannot be released without a stream.

The shock the horror oh no calamity is ensures no livestream pre launch. What we gonna do?

You people, it wasn't going to get good reception anyways because you already hate unpaid themes and your justification for hating it more was already built in with that.

This thread if anything is an indictment of what this hobby is.

This was a hype thread for people who had been waiting for this game and getting excited now it's turned into a bash feast.

Are you happy now that you have raked a company overwhelmed coals over 3d parts.

The same who screech about these things wouldnt hesitate to full their pinball machine with the same.

#5707 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Do we know A) if the standard/classic is a given, and B) it would be $8k?
When that feature matrix came out with a la carte mods, it didn’t seem like there was enough to remove to get it down to $8k.

The difference in price on Oktoberfest is $500 and you get these features on the Deluxe: shaker motor, knocker kit, magic glass, Art Blades and the Beer Stein.

On GTF Deluxe you get a $100 banner and the stadium lights along with shaker motor, knocker kit, magic glass, Art Blades and the Lunch Box. So if the lights are $400 a la cart, that would get it to $1000. To me that would make the Standard/classic easily the best model. I already have a spare sheet of Voodoo glass and don't care about the banner. I would buy the lunch box $40, art blades $100 and knocker $50. That would bring the game to $8190 and I wouldn't have to pay for the stadium lights only to remove them before the first game played.

#5708 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

What really does a game play Video serve? It is not that hard to look at a playfield and see where the ball might possibly go.
People getting their knickers in a bunch of not seeing someone else playing a game, when in reality the best way to decide on buying a game is to actually play it yourself.
This crazed demand to see a game play Video when you know full well that companies are going to put their best player in to make the game shinny should be stupid.
Are we that dumb that we don't know how a drop target works and what is going on we can't use our imagination to move a ball around the playfield.
Operators back in the 80s and 70s did not video's but only flyers with still images but yet games like count down sold like gang busters and now we can't bear the idea that a game cannot be released without a stream.
The shock the horror oh no calamity is ensures no livestream pre launch. What we gonna do?
You people, it wasn't going to get good reception anyways because you already hate unpaid themes and your justification for hating it more was already built in with that.
This was a hype thread for people who had been waiting for this game and getting excited now it's turned into a bash feast.
Are you happy now that you have raked a company overwhelmed coals over 3d parts.
The same who screech about these things wouldnt hesitate to full their pinball machine with the same.

While I am completely one with the play before you buy mentality, if everyone (besides ops) waited until they had a chance to play a game before they bought it, most of these companies would have gone under already. You can't compare the old arcade op days with today. The market is completely different. The prices are completely different. Even most ops don't buy all games sight unseen anymore. They pick and choose like the rest of us.

Whether the game is good or bad at this point barely matters. AP did almost everything in their power to turn people from super hyped to not hyped. When you have 7 other games coming out at the same time you put your best foot forward. Stop with the blaming the consumer. It's not our responsibility to buy the game, it's theirs to sell us on it.

#5709 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There ain’t gonna be no “$8k classic” version of this shit heap.
You’d rather have this thing and $500 than a stern premium? That’s the choice.
Hey good luck with that.

Levi, you’re crazy train has left the station. C’mon man, don’t be hating.

#5710 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

AP did almost everything in their power to turn people from super hyped to not hyped.

I agree AP didn't do a great job rolling this out... HOWEVER

Quoted from Zablon:

While I am completely one with the play before you buy mentality, if everyone (besides ops) waited until they had a chance to play a game before they bought it, most of these companies would have gone under already

The only reason pinball manufacturers would be "out of business" for giving folks the chance to play it first, is if they consistently release crap... Maybe this is a turd. Maybe this is the greatest thing since sliced bread...

FOMO drives alot of purchasing decisions today, which is why you can't find LE's of ANY new release (except GTF and Scooby--but that's a quantity thing)... BUT... With this game, you DO get a chance to play it first... How cool is that? I have a love hate relationship with LE's, in that it pisses me off that "blind" buyers get "rewarded" for purchasing games that ultimately prove to be deemed "good" by the community... (Unless of course I am buying an LE, then I think my "reward" is justified... ) Part of me wishes there wern't any truly "limited" versions of any game... IF you want the GF with gold freaking legs, why do you get punished for waiting until you play the game? Here, let's celebrate the fact that the gameplay is the same across all editions, and you really do get the chance to play it for yourself?

#5711 1 year ago
Quoted from King_ci:

So i played gtf last night it was fun and wasn't bad the way everyone says , all the toys work fine and the tank in the center of the game didn't bother me @ all . It's looks amazing and definitely fully loaded for the 8k , and it has a different feel from a typical stern I'm definitely going to consider buying the deluxe version over a stern pro that's 1k cheaper.
[quoted image]

"The tank didnt bother me at all" and the most important stream of the game using the avoid at all cost approach........

Is this the worst main toy in pinball history?

#5712 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

Hey Siri....what's a straw man fallacy?

#5713 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

The only reason pinball manufacturers would be "out of business" for giving folks the chance to play it first, is if they consistently release crap... Maybe this is a turd. Maybe this is the greatest thing since sliced bread...
FOMO drives alot of purchasing decisions today, which is why you can't find LE's of ANY new release (except GTF and Scooby--but that's a quantity thing)... BUT... With this game, you DO get a chance to play it first... How cool is that? I have a love hate relationship with LE's, in that it pisses me off that "blind" buyers get "rewarded" for purchasing games that ultimately prove to be deemed "good" by the community... (Unless of course I am buying an LE, then I think my "reward" is justified... ) Part of me wishes there wern't any truly "limited" versions of any game... IF you want the GF with gold freaking legs, why do you get punished for waiting until you play the game? Here, let's celebrate the fact that the gameplay is the same across all editions, and you really do get the chance to play it for yourself?

The problem is when you have a slow ramp in demand, the manufacturer may have to move on to another title and cut production short. See JJP POTC. Games sat unsold for months. By the time people actually wanted it, JJP had already moved on to ordering parts for their next game. Now there are only about 1,000 of these games and it’s among the most expensive modern titles to acquire.

#5714 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

Possibly another Special K jacked account. Except cannot spell.

#5715 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

"The tank didnt bother me at all" and the most important stream of the game using the avoid at all cost approach........

Yeh, an "avoid at all cost" bash toy is an oxymoron. Particularly odd when it is the main/only "interactive" toy in the game.

#5716 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, an "avoid at all cost" bash toy is an oxymoron. Particularly odd when it is the main/only "interactive" toy in the game.

There’s a giant swinging ufo with a cow dangling on it with a playfield magnet to whip the ball around…

#5717 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

There’s a giant swinging ufo with a cow dangling on it with a magnet to whip the ball around…

Doesn't fit in with my argument tho.

#5718 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Doesn't fit in with my argument tho.

IMG_3442.gifIMG_3442.gif
#5719 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]

The UFO is pretty cool - good value add to an old moving target. Even it seemed surprisingly punishing in the stream, though at least it is off to the side.

#5720 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Upon close inspection with my astute deduction-able capabilities I noticed the 5 bank targets are curved. So technically only a partially avoid at all costs bash toy. I give it an 4 out of 5.

#5721 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The problem is when you have a slow ramp in demand, the manufacturer may have to move on to another title and cut production short. See JJP POTC. Games sat unsold for months. By the time people actually wanted it, JJP had already moved on to ordering parts for their next game. Now there are only about 1,000 of these games and it’s among the most expensive modern titles to acquire.

You are speculating demand is, what in fact, "drove" JJP to not produce any more of this title... Rumors vary between production costs, engineering challenges, and demand... But none of those rumors have been confirmed by JJP...

Yes, demand may cause a title to run for an extended time (look at JP a 2019 release, and AP's own Houdini a 2017 release--both in production games...) I actually feel bad for some buyers who payed a premium for some titles due to FOMO--look at GZ buyers who payed THOUSANDS over MSRP during COVID... yeah, it's a great game, but Stern will be running this forever... Manufacturers will/should do anything that makes them money... And an unlicensed game like GTF--IF gameplay vindicates the title--is a gold mine for AP...

#5722 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

You are speculating demand is, what in fact, "drove" JJP to not produce any more of this title... Rumors vary between production costs, engineering challenges, and demand... But none of those Rumors have been confirmed by JJP...
Yes, demand may cause a title to run for an extended time (look at JP a 2019 release, and AP's own Hoidini a 2017 release--both in production games...) I actually feel bad for some games who pay a premium--look at GZ buyers who payed THOUSANDS over MSRP during COVID... yeah, it's a great game, but Stern will be running this forever... Manufacturers will/should do anything that makes them money... And an unlicensed game like GTF--IF gameplay vindicates the title--is a gold mine for AP...

Maybe. Only if GTF strikes gold. I say AP should hunker down, tweak pf mechs ( they are taking feedback. Good sign), finish software ( Ferret just posted a 45 minute download file, awesome!).

I’m impressed by responses on technical end which is why I stay impressed despite managerial blunders.

#5723 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

Let me rephrase what I was saying. Most people do NOT get an opportunity to play a lot of the games that are released, not even all the Sterns. Unless you live in major cities, there just aren't that many around. I can't speak to how many games everyone sells via preorders obviously, but FOMO plays a huge role in getting the games out there now.

#5724 1 year ago

Aaa

Quoted from Method_Own:

Love the tank cabinet. Want to add some wider treads to mine.

Better in deep snow

#5725 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Maybe. Only if GTF strikes gold. I say AP should hunker down, tweak pf mechs ( they are taking feedback. Good sign), finish software ( Ferret just posted a 45 minute download file, awesome!).
I’m impressed by responses on technical end which is why I stay impressed despite managerial blunders.

I honestly don't think the game is bad at all. I'm still not sure it's 9k good at this point. That being said I also had a chance to get some games in on a Hot Wheels and Houdini last weekend. I always wanted a Houdini because I liked the looks of it. I no longer do. I thought HW was actually kind of fun if limited in what you could do. Played LOV loved the theme, didn't really care for the game though :/

#5726 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Upon close inspection with my astute deduction-able capabilities I noticed the 5 bank targets are curved. So technically only a partially avoid at all costs bash toy. I give it an 4 out of 5.

Added to my astute analysis, I'm going to propose that the fact that the curve is concave makes it more avoidable-at-all-costs. If they were convex or straight or straight but angled or slightly off centre, a hit to the side targets could have been "safe".

That could be all horse-fudge as I'm not an engineer. Send it to Professor Plotnik's lab for testing ASAP!

#5727 1 year ago

Hi folks... Just some general feedback on the comments du jour...

- Yep, shooting the tank can be dangerous, but there's no reason to avoid it, just play it smart. Y'all know how angles work in pinball: it'll be safer to aim for the outer targets to reduce the chance of the ball rocketing back SDTM. The scores for attacking the tank keep increasing the more shots you make on it in a ball, so it can get quite lucrative. You also have the option to shoot the "Charge Methane" shots around the playfield to charge up your Methane Blaster for a do-or-die insta-kill shot!

- The game's shots aren't really overloaded to one side or the other, because there are so many options for playing the game. You can focus on tank battles. You can focus on ice cream missions. You can go for Air Strike Multiball. You can be Defender of the Cows and fight UFOs every chance you get. You can work on advancing your flank units to power up features all around the game. Heck, you could even just shoot the pops to go for Meltdown and Quantum Accelerator. Go for a different approach every game, have fun with it!

- Re: the ball lock issues on the Dead Flip stream ... the machine was examined this morning, and they found something was out of alignment on the lock mech. Sounds like something probably got whacked while transporting the game to Jack's studio, since it was working fine right before leaving the API factory. Really unfortunate that the Demo Gods decided to throw lightning bolts at the game, but certainly not normal, as people know from games at the shows or on location.

- I saw a few comments about "placeholders"... not sure where that's coming from. I think the only "placeholders" in the game right now are A/V for some of the final wizard modes, and I didn't think anyone made it to those on the stream.

- The overhead light bars do NOT need to be removed to lift the playfield.

I appreciate all the kind words from folks, and (believe it or not) even appreciate constructive criticism. (True story: at shows and tournaments, sometimes people come up to me and say "Hey, you worked on Game X, right? That's so cool, I love that game!" I'll often respond like: "Thank you so much, I appreciate it! Hey, what is your least favorite feature of Game X?" Definitely catches them off guard, which is kind of the point -- it can be a great start to a really insightful conversation.)

Thanks!

#5728 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hi folks... Just some general feedback on the comments du jour...
- Yep, shooting the tank can be dangerous, but there's no reason to avoid it, just play it smart. Y'all know how angles work in pinball: it'll be safer to aim for the outer targets to reduce the chance of the ball rocketing back SDTM. The scores for attacking the tank keep increasing the more shots you make on it in a ball, so it can get quite lucrative. You also have the option to shoot the "Charge Methane" shots around the playfield to charge up your Methane Blaster for a do-or-die insta-kill shot!
- The game's shots aren't really overloaded to one side or the other, because there are so many options for playing the game. You can focus on tank battles. You can focus on ice cream missions. You can go for Air Strike Multiball. You can be Defender of the Cows and fight UFOs every chance you get. You can work on advancing your flank units to power up features all around the game. Heck, you could even just shoot the pops to go for Meltdown and Quantum Accelerator. Go for a different approach every game, have fun with it!
- Re: the ball lock issues on the Dead Flip stream ... the machine was examined this morning, and they found something was out of alignment on the lock mech. Sounds like something probably got whacked while transporting the game to Jack's studio, since it was working fine right before leaving the API factory. Really unfortunate that the Demo Gods decided to throw lightning bolts at the game, but certainly not normal, as people know from games at the shows or on location.
- I saw a few comments about "placeholders"... not sure where that's coming from. I think the only "placeholders" in the game right now are A/V for some of the final wizard modes, and I didn't think anyone made it to those on the stream.
- The overhead light bars do NOT need to be removed to lift the playfield.
I appreciate all the kind words from folks, and (believe it or not) even appreciate constructive criticism. (True story: at shows and tournaments, sometimes people come up to me and say "Hey, you worked on Game X, right? That's so cool, I love that game!" I'll often respond like: "Thank you so much, I appreciate it! Hey, what is your least favorite feature of Game X?" Definitely catches them off guard, which is kind of the point -- it can be a great start to a really insightful conversation.)
Thanks!

Thanks for continually dropping into this thread. Love your attitude towards the criticism and observations. It shows how much you care for the product and hobby in general. I personally appreciate the info you bring to those of us actually interested in potentially purchasing this game.

So many folks here just get off on bashing others work and opinions…or have no idea how to make a criticism without making it a rude and personal attack. (Or a failed attempt at being funny) Its like they are bound and determined to run off anyone associated with the actual manufacturers that take the time to comment in these forums. I see it especially in the Spooky threads and the AP threads….

Keep the insight coming…it is very interesting and insightful to many of us here!

Thanks again!

#5729 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Thanks for continually dropping into this thread. Love your attitude towards the criticism and observations. It shows how much you care for the product and hobby in general. I personally appreciate the info you bring to those of us actually interested in potentially purchasing this game.
So many folks here just get off on bashing others work and opinions…or have no idea how to make a criticism without making it a rude and personal attack. (Or a failed attempt at being funny) Its like they are bound and determined to run off anyone associated with the actual manufacturers that take the time to comment in these forums. I see it especially in the Spooky threads and the AP threads….
Keep the insight coming…it is very interesting and insightful to many of us here!
Thanks again!

I think most people here are talking fudge about a pinball machine, an inanimate object, not making rude and personal attacks on the people involved. I agree that personal attacks outside of that are uncalled for and childish and the way employees like Ferret interact is appreciated and appropriate for an online forum designed specifically to discuss pinball machines.

#5730 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

You also have the option to shoot the "Charge Methane" shots around the playfield to charge up your Methane Blaster for a do-or-die insta-kill shot!

Like this rule allot.

#5731 1 year ago

#5732 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Yeah that Boss thing drives me nuts and it seems they were all directed to say it. If you work for Captain Kyan or Commander Duke?, then you would address them by their rank in any universe.

Hearing "Boss" drove me nuts when playing Metal Gear Phantom Pain.

#5733 1 year ago

Galactic Tank Force Gameplay and Reveal! *Updated, HD wasn’t working*

Thanks again to the American Pinball crew for hanging out!!

#5734 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

And the most overrated FOMO pin in history...

I remember the narrative about TS4.. "it's super pretty but not my 12-15k. Maybe if it was 9k." Perhaps this is our reasonably priced TS4. Embrace it ... love it.

#5735 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Galactic Tank Force Gameplay and Reveal! *Updated, HD wasn’t working*
Thanks again to the American Pinball crew for hanging out!!

Very cool. Watched it last night.

I can't wait to try the game out somewhere!

#5736 1 year ago

Any GTFs setup in Connecticut or nearby? I want to play one!

#5737 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I dunno, Demogorgon is hard to beat.

#5738 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm seeing the Ac/dc Luci that just landed instead for me. Missed that one. And i have the "SmithAfoo" already.

Dude... we get it. You think you have it figured out once again, but you don't. If you want this game and not foo fighters I have absolutely zero issue with that, knock yourself out. But every time you compare foo fighters to aersosmith you sound like a goddamn imbecile and it totally ruins any points you're trying to make. Aero and Foo could not be more different games than each other. Honestly, I have trouble coming up with any meaningful similarities other than they are both band pins (and Foo is only loosely a band pin tbh)

I do agree that saying this game putting AP out of business is silly though. It will probably be their best seller to date (not saying much) and AP will only be finished if/when Aimtron decides to pull the plug

#5739 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Dude... we get it. You think you have it figured out once again, but you don't. If you want this game and not foo fighters I have absolutely zero issue with that, knock yourself out. But every time you compare foo fighters to aersosmith you sound like a goddamn imbecile and it totally ruins any points you're trying to make. Aero and Foo could not be more different games than each other. Honestly, I have trouble coming up with any meaningful similarities other than they are both band pins (and Foo is only loosely a band pin tbh)
I do agree that saying this game putting AP out of business is silly though. It will probably be their best seller to date (not saying much) and AP will only be finished if/when Aimtron decides to pull the plug

I'm pretty sure he's being facetious...

#5740 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yeah I never quite understood the Aerosmith thing either besides it has a super detailed art package, and there is an upper playfield with a looping shot. Oh and I think Brendon Small does the bash toy voice on Aerosmith and Foo Fighters...

#5741 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I dunno, Demogorgon is hard to beat.

Amy in congo would like a word

#5742 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I thought I would try and sink down to the level of all the “imbeciles” in this thread and the stupid moronic comments bashing this game. Turns out I can crawl that low.

The lengths some in the mini mob go to bash a game is unreal.

FooAsmith. One comment about a game, and not a negative one at that, that is relevant and NOT in the Foo thread. IF Foo lives up to AS then it will be a good thing. You and Levi can pump Stern in that thread

Lighten up “Dude”.

#5743 1 year ago

I had the opportunity to play this game nonstop for over an hour at On Tilt. I was the only person playing and the sound was cranked so I was able to fully enjoy what the game had to offer.

Firstly, let me say this game is visually stunning. The artwork is fantastic and the backglass is just beautiful. As many of you (and I) had seen on the DF stream, the lighting effects on the game are top notch and the music/sounds are truly immersive.

I *really* like the overall feel and gameplay. Sure, the actors are cheesy but it really fits the theme. The 3D printed toys are acceptable but I *do* wish they were actually molded and painted. The tank toy is really fun and FAST! I didn't focus on avoiding the tank like they did in the stream but shot at it when necessary during the game, especially when one of the targets was flashing for an insta-kill. I didn't have a single airball from the tank shot and I think during the entire time I played only 3-4 shots to the tank went SDTM. Yes, it *is* a fast shot but I was prepared for that and was able to react accordingly.

The multiball unit worked flawlessly the entire time, unlike what they experienced on the stream. I'm sure had they taken the time to properly adjust it once it wouldn't have continually been a problem.

Meltdown Multiball was a total blast (no pun intended). The lighting effects during this mode really shine.

The "radar" mode (sorry, don't know the actual name) where the playfield lights sweep to indicate the required shot was really well-implemented.

I really like how this is a "game" that was built from the ground up. It's very unique to say the least but I throughly enjoyed it. If you haven't yet *really* played it yourself, go into it with an open mind and I think you'll have a lot of fun, which is what pinball is all about.

Gogi GTF.jpgGogi GTF.jpg
#5744 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Possibly another Special K jacked account. Except cannot spell.

Special K went off the rails on GTF so not him.

AP didn’t kiss his ass at TPF. Bias over the top. He said it himself.

#5745 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Amy in congo would like a word

At least Amy acts as a really unique ramp and lights up.

For main toys that add nothing: Homer in TSPP is plain stupid (and his pupils are way too far apart), the zeppelin in LZ is useless, and 007 Bird One rocket is pretty awful and just gets in the way.

#5746 1 year ago

Looking fwd to playing it. Strange because I love the cheesiness of EHOH, but I am not digging this theme.

#5747 1 year ago

After playing it more I am now changing my tune and starting to appreciate the game. And the more I go back to it the more I just love the art and lighting. Its almost worth it for just that. But the game is good. Its just different and clearly they meant that. I wont order for 6 months to make sure the games are fleshed out. I still feel that its not ready to ship and want to know things don't need tweaking and fixing all the time. (besides the usual of course).
I think at 8k and no bugs / Target issues and painted or at least nicer 3d pieces, I would be buying today. Its the 9k and these issues that have me standing by...

#5748 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

you sound like a goddamn imbecile and it totally ruins any points you're trying to make

I may have to keep this quote on speed-dial for future pinside posts...

#5749 1 year ago

My experience playing GTF is pretty different from what I saw on the DF stream. I played three different machines at MGC. The flippers seemed weak and inconsistent on all three, although the first machine (the one with the tank treads) was much better than the other two. I did not experience the drains they did on the stream. It looked to me that the pitch of the stream machine was more severe that what was at MGC (but the flippers were also much stronger).

Not knowing any better, I did not avoid the center targets. I went after them but with light flips and/or aiming for the edges. I had only one airball and maybe 1-2 SDTMs.

My conclusion coming out of MGC was that I really liked this game (assuming the flippers can get sorted). Very well lit. There was a lot of action and fun shots, although I do remember being annoyed at the lengthy stoppages in play when stuff was going on on the screen. Except for the mushy flippers, it had a good feel to it. I came away from MGC being intrigued by this machine more than the other new releases, except for Foo Fighters. For my tastes, FF was by far the one that had the "Wow!" factor for me.

#5750 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

007 Bird One rocket is pretty awful and just gets in the way.

Oh yeah, how could I forget?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.