IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 11.29.46 AM (resized).png
20230720_120453.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 145.
#451 1 year ago

Hey if someone could photoshop gif me a bunch of 60 year old Shriners driving around in these things during a parade with those fez on their heads I’d appreciate it.

#452 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey if someone could photoshop gif me a bunch of 60 year old Shriners driving around in these things during a parade with those fez on their heads I’d appreciate it.

Those go karts with wheelie bars really makes a good parade.

#453 1 year ago

Is this the first pin in history with art on the top of the cab? That might be a new one

#454 1 year ago

If this was in the arcade back when I was a kid, it draw me over to play it immediately and I’m still a kid! I think it might be pretty cool! Way different than anything else out there.

#455 1 year ago

The OP post with the fuzzy backglass image is gone now but I do believe it has a guy with a fez on it. If this game has a tank barrel ball launch on it like Austin Powers and TWDor even STTNG, AP is going to take it hard. Couldnt Dennis at least put on a military shirt for these photos? Maybe there is an underlying Hawaiian theme. Like shark jumping?

#456 1 year ago

#457 1 year ago

Just dawned on me that in the video when he lifts the front part of the cover you can see a light bar inside the cabinet. Maybe AP is adding a Pinstadium/Expression Lights style of lighting to this game?

#458 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Is this the first pin in history with art on the top of the cab? That might be a new one

Data East Tommy has the game name written backwards on top of the backbox. The game included a large silver ball topper which would reflect the game name

DBC86914-26AE-4383-914C-791E4CAE24AE (resized).jpegDBC86914-26AE-4383-914C-791E4CAE24AE (resized).jpeg
#459 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

a bunch of 60 year old Shriners driving around in these things during a parade with those fez on their heads I’d appreciate it.

You'll have to do without animation, I've already exceeded the allotted "fucking around in photoshop" time for the weekend.

tanksForTheMemories.jpgtanksForTheMemories.jpg
#460 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Data East Tommy has the game name written backwards on top of the backbox. The game included a large silver ball topper which would reflect the game name[quoted image]

Cool did not know that.

#461 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

It is farrr past due that cats have art to look at once on top of the machines!

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

You'll have to do without animation, I've already exceeded the allotted "fucking around in photoshop" time for the weekend.
[quoted image]

That’ll do pickle. That’ll do.

#463 1 year ago

Bit of a dissapointment when first looking at the leaked picture from K-man, but this looks really good!

Off topic, but wasn't there some weird rumor at RGP early 2000s that Dennis had passed away in the 90s?

#464 1 year ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

[quoted image]

Bravo for including actual 70yr old pinsiders in that image!

#465 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

the cannon will be pointing straight up and turn into a flashing/rotating light of some sort as a topper.

BAA2220F-4B1B-440B-9A92-A0E64F697A3B.gifBAA2220F-4B1B-440B-9A92-A0E64F697A3B.gif

#466 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Try dudes over 70. This is a throw back to the 1930’s and 1940’s sci-fi. I am 52 and Star Wars, Battle Star Galactica, and Star Trek was my sci-fi.

I'm much younger than you and i think it's hilariously great. I mean...come on man, you are over the top over Scooby...you have to at least see why people might like it.

#467 1 year ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

You'll have to do without animation, I've already exceeded the allotted "fucking around in photoshop" time for the weekend.[quoted image]

You gotta re do it with faces of pinside members

#468 1 year ago

Games do kind of lean outward from the wall so that turret should fit. Here's a game that has the legs backed up all the way to the baseboard against the wall.

20230311_152328 (resized).jpg20230311_152328 (resized).jpg
#469 1 year ago

Reality creeping in again.

And there's something wrong with your tape. It say's 9 where it should say 23.

#470 1 year ago

I know it's modeled after the old metal tanks, but I realized it reminds me of those tank fireworks.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#471 1 year ago

Sooooo… I don’t see back box hinges and it really doesn’t make sense to put a camera in the top of a head that will mostly be looking at the ceiling. Also don’t think the head just slides back but something unique is happening here.

#472 1 year ago

I hope it's a gobot.

#473 1 year ago

Will fit next to this a your local FEC

2018-Hot-Tank-3D-Video-Ball-Shooting-Gun-Shooting-Coin-Operated-Arcade-Redemption-Game-Machine (resized).jpg2018-Hot-Tank-3D-Video-Ball-Shooting-Gun-Shooting-Coin-Operated-Arcade-Redemption-Game-Machine (resized).jpg
#474 1 year ago

While true we don't know what this game exactly holds...

People need to keep in mind that this version of sci-fi is pretty popular even today.

It's almost out of the Fallout universe...maybe before the bombs dropped.

#475 1 year ago

Any possible dates for the reveal?

#476 1 year ago

Is there going to be an “ice cream scoop” scoop? The ice cream tastes out of this world!

#477 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:Is there going to be an “ice cream scoop” scoop? The ice cream tastes out of this world!

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#478 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I know it's modeled after the old metal tanks, but I realized it reminds me of those tank fireworks.[quoted image]

That’s funny! I was just thinking the same thing.

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

[quoted image]

Is this part of the backglass art? Hahaha!

#480 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

MYSTERY SCIENCE PINBALL

yes

#481 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Is this part of the backglass art? Hahaha!

One can only hope...

#482 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

Any possible dates for the reveal?

TPF March 25th

#483 1 year ago

Man, if the cab looks like that wonder what the pf is going to look lkke. Maybe instead of steel balls it will have little tin toy tanks.

#484 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

This is why I won't have a dick measuring contest with you Aussies

#485 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

What size are the leg bolts down there?

#486 1 year ago

Some weirdo US size. Can't buy them at the hardware shop, that's for sure.

#487 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Some weirdo US size. Can't buy them at the hardware shop, that's for sure.

When I was in school in the 1970's, all the teachers told us the we had to learn the metric system because by 1980 it will only be the system we are using. They were wrong.

Teachers in the 1970's-80s also told us that no one will be carrying a calculator with them in their pockets. Wrong again.

#488 1 year ago

I'm really excited to see game play. This theme appeals to me on every level compared to every other thing coming out at the moment.
I wouldnt go for the cosmetic add ons but a nice 80s feel pin with great theme would be awesome. I hope the art an animations are alot better than houdini though, found that really tacky and bad. One initial concern is the siderails and those 2 buttons, looks to be sitting off cab and a bit unfinished...

The other big deal for me is our aud and the actual time it will take to see and be able to buy a game here. I wouldnt doubt another 6-12 months which for me personally is a real let down...this is for all new stuff tbh. Wait and see I guess.

I was in on a new TNA, albeit a bit nervous about the build quality, wiring fiasco under the hood, but it was looking like a couple of months and about 16k here, so had to pull out.

Anyway hats off to AP for doing something different and not just another cookie cutter kaleidascope game, looking forward to the reveal!!

#489 1 year ago

Yes, sometimes people are wrong. Look at all the opposite views in this thread alone, let alone someone 50 years ago..

frozen-elsa.giffrozen-elsa.gif

#490 1 year ago

I don't know if I hate it or it's the coolest thing I've ever seen in pinball!

One thing is for sure - if they didn't motorise it transforming, they missed a huge opportunity and I probably would have remortgaged my house to get one (and I haven't even seen the game yet). Imagine firing it up and it all just unfolds... It would have been THE showcase piece for the game room.

Still very intrigued to see the game itself...

#491 1 year ago

Nothing against this guy but I thought this was funny
BTW I suck at photoshop

23215032-7E78-4544-A8C2-B804DCD4DEFA (resized).jpeg23215032-7E78-4544-A8C2-B804DCD4DEFA (resized).jpeg
#492 1 year ago

Careful, we call it the Jody Effect here. Mention some ones name and sure as shit they'll walk in the door.

#493 1 year ago

Wonder why they went with the straight legs instead of just getting the pressed ones from a supplier. Even at volume the pressed legs I've seen are about the same price as buying the steel yourself. Curious to see game. So many people have "dream themes" instead of dream game designs. I don't know how you can be in/out before seeing if the game is fun or not on the actual playfield. Nothing that bad about the design from the photo. Imagine being Jersey Jack and coming on Pinside to brag that your leg armor idea is revolutionary. At least American Pinball is just doing whatever they want and saying F it we are going to build a tank. Never heard them say the tank was revolutionary.

#494 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Wonder why they went with the straight legs instead of just getting the pressed ones from a supplier. Even at volume the pressed legs I've seen are about the same price as buying the steel yourself.

If I understand you correctly, I would bet they went with the leg choice because they have to mount the tank tread sides to them. You can see the holes. I believe it would be difficult on standard legs.

#495 1 year ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

Nothing against this guy but I thought this was funny
BTW I suck at photoshop
[quoted image]

That's d0n. He's in Pinside Jail for 30 days. Now we know why Robin begged him to come back.

#496 1 year ago

Ssshhhh

#497 1 year ago

I'm digging the art and the style. I'm glad to see a company pushing for something 'different'. Can't wait to see the playfield!

#498 1 year ago

So let's talk about what tidbits we can see - forget the silly cabinet. Looks like it has Expression-style lighting at least on the shooter lane area - I'm guessing more than that. Pretty serious RGB lighthshow highly probable - you can see that strip lighting up brightly as well as the right sling area.

It has two buttons on the right side, suggesting a magnasave or maybe a cannon or something. There is a label on the side art that seems to be "Master Tank Controls" pointing to the flipper button area, but it looks like the same be on the left side cab too. So I presume you're playing as if in the tank (kind of implied with the theme, but...). I hope there is an enemy tank or something bash toy or targets to shot at... Anyway, someone posted a basic PF sketch that seems to have something that looks like what would be a magnasave over the right inlane, so I'm guessing that is the extra button. If so, I'm glad they went the extra step and didn't just use an action button ala Stern and BKSOR. I hope it's the pulse-style magnasave like Grand Lizard/Pharaoh/Solar Fire too, but I'm happy to have it either way...

Wish they would show some dann PF images already.

#499 1 year ago

be awesome if it had a cannon/turret/ball shooter and the third button is to fire the ball.....

#500 1 year ago

All you “I’m so exited to see something different!” People better speak with your wallets or this is the last time we are ever going to see anything “different” in the industry for the foreseeable future.

This game appears to be the kind of “car built for homer” monstrosity I’m always telling you folks pinball companies can’t afford to build.

So prove me wrong!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 7,248 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/10?hl=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.