Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by davewtf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Anyway to stop speech 100% in Xmen????? I really enjoy this game but I can't stand the voice work at all, like Metallica greats pinball's but bad voice work. The Beast is so bad I don't want to start that mode, In adj you can turn down speech to - 60 but it really doesn't do much, if there is a way let me know.

#2 9 years ago

Love the voices, Storm especially.

#3 9 years ago

Go into the menu, turn the music volume all the way up and turn the speech volume all the way down.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Love the voices, Storm especially.

A racist version of a asian with a lisp, I hope your being a bit sarcastic Rai.

One way to get rid of the sound for good is to sell the game, worked for me.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

One way to get rid of the sound for good is to sell the game, worked for me.

But you kept Transformers

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Anyway to stop speech 100% in Xmen????? I really enjoy this game but I can't stand the voice work at all, like Metallica greats pinball's but bad voice work. The Beast is so bad I don't want to start that mode, In adj you can turn down speech to - 60 but it really doesn't do much, if there is a way let me know.

You could go in with pinball browser and delete the callouts that you are hating...or even record your own if you were inclined.

PS: I have found that the crappy voice callouts get more bearable over time, but crappy voice work is still crappy voice work. Where were the voice actors from Wolverine and the X-Men that the X-Men hype wagon promised? Steve Blum all day my arse.

#7 9 years ago

If there was i woulda 1/2 considered it a good game...

I HATE the audio... hate the theme, hate the rlueset, but love the shots

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

You could go in with pinball browser and delete the callouts that you are hating...or even record your own if you were inclined.
PS: I have found that the crappy voice callouts get more bearable over time, but crappy voice work is still crappy voice work. Where were the voice actors from Wolverine and the X-Men that the X-Men hype wagon promised? Steve Blum all day my arse.

I will do this, if we can all get together and rip the WAV files from the movies. See other thread.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The Beast is so bad I don't want to start that mode,

Theeese are a few of my faaavorite thiiings!

#10 9 years ago

No reason we couldn't have someone else just record better callouts, with the same script. I could do a better Beast. It would not be hard to find a better Storm voice, either.

#11 9 years ago

I own a magneto and the voices are pretty terrible. I bought the machine knowing pinball browser exists and the hope that someday they will all be redone.

metallica's is decent. it's the actual band members and I think they fit for the most part. "do you see it?"

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Maybe your problem is your turned it "down" to -60. That in fact, turned it up since its a vol attenuation. You need to turn it to the largest positive number. Dunno if it will kill it but it may help.

#13 9 years ago

Oh man....this again. Someone should change what they don't like about it with the pinball browser so everyone can just be happy. Or.... Just keep playing it, it will pass.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Oh man....this again. Someone should change what they don't like about it with the pinball browser so everyone can just be happy. Or.... Just keep playing it, it will pass.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-make-xm-callouts-as-good-as-the-game

#16 9 years ago

Get over it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyway-to-stop-speech-100-in-xmen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.