(Topic ID: 112603)

Anything for sale in Alabama?

By Pahuffman

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

It's basically a pin desert here in the Birmingham area. Something will occasionally pop up for sale on Craigslist, but it's over priced - as usual - and the seller has no idea what it's actually worth. I'm finding it almost impossible to find a pin to start my collection on a reasonable, just-out-of-college-budget buy. Am I asking for too much here, or am I just being impatient?

#2 9 years ago

I hear ya man. I was patient as a mofo on my first pin and it took a lil over a year for me to find a Demo Man in the Bham area for a decent price. Haven't seen anything for a good deal in Bham since then. We are the Sahara for pinball deals.

Your best bet to get a working players condition pin is to buy from a know trusted pinsider that is somewhat localish (meaning ATL and beyond) and have "pinballs on the move" deliver it to you for around $250. I bought 2 pins (LAH & WWF) from a good pinsider outside ATL this year. Only problem would've been not being able to inspect them myself but the guy I got them from is a good dude and if I could go back I would've just had them delivered. Taking off work and having the uhaul I rented getting a flat tire on the way there was enough to make me not want to mess with that again. I don't own an SUV and the gas $$$ I spent and time it took made me decide delivery is best for me.

Let me know if I can help you in any way. I'm not tech smart but can give an honest opinion on what is a fair deal and can point you in the direction of people who are smarter than I am when it comes to fixing issues.

Cheer Bro
    PorkChop

#3 9 years ago

bham.craigslist.org link

I mean look at the kind of stuff we get around here. I called and the lady said the machine belonged to her father. I asked her how she got the $900 price point for a non-working machine, and she wasn't even really able to tell me. I tried to explain to her what it was actually worth. She seemed pretty receptive and said she would talk to her dad, but she obviously wasn't ablt to sell him on the price because it was second-hand knowledge by then. People seem to think that just because it's old means it's worth a ton of money.

#4 9 years ago

Wow. What a deal. I'm a good guy so I won't try to steal this "deal" from you. Better hurry up and get over there with cash asap before another local pinsider jumps on this.

Seriously, offer her $50. If she doesn't take it then offer her $100 but say that would include delivery and setup to your home.

#5 9 years ago

Craigslist is a joke. Get to know other pinsiders locally. I am in Huntsville and 16 out of the 17 pins I have owned were bought or traded within a 150 mile radius. Don't be afraid to ask fellow collectors if they have anything for sale or if they know anyone who does. Keep their phone numbers and email addresses. Give them your info and ask them to contact you if they ever have pins to sell. I have bought several pins from people who had held on to my contact info for years...

With that all being said, the pin market has dried up compared to 5-10 years ago... Don't buy junk. Save your cash and buy good stuff from fellow collectors if possible...

1 week later
    #6 9 years ago

Lol I actually did call that lady and offer her $125. She said it belonged to her father and he would rather keep it for that price. I informed her it will never sell at that ridiculously high price. 2 days later, she had dropped the price to a whopping $800.

#7 9 years ago

I've been debating selling my Popeye Saves the Earth. PM me if interested.

1 year later
    #8 8 years ago

Topic bump... what's for sale in AL?

#9 8 years ago

Good question. I'm in the market to trade for a Bally Star Trek if anybody has one.

1 week later
    #10 8 years ago

I don't know how far out you are looking, but i have a Bally Star Trek Pinball for sale.

#11 8 years ago

3 Silverball Manias on CL. 1500,750, and 600 asking prices.........

1 week later
    #12 8 years ago

Mike Gray at Southern Coin Op in Pelham almost always has pins for sale. He does top notch work, too. 205-563-3784

#13 8 years ago

I am on the GAPAS list and things pop up on there quite a bit. Not too far away and a great community of folks on there...

#14 8 years ago

I know a guy in North Alabama who has 8-10 games for sale. He has working ones and projects. PM me for information.

#15 8 years ago

You can come here and win an EM(Sky Kings) for a $20 raffle ticket. I'm pretty sure some of these games could be for sale as well....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/southern-coin-op-presents-pinball-in-pelham-sat-feb20th

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anything-for-sale-in-alabama and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.