(Topic ID: 315954)

Anyone with an Escalara in South Jersey?

By phillyfan64

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53C11937-7156-4997-9C0D-B106A0C4609F (resized).jpeg
    F82173C3-17EE-4A43-BE32-BF5A338F2C6A (resized).jpeg
    9013D3B4-1199-4CB0-A923-7B536AD86333 (resized).jpeg
    2F784EDB-3AE2-4FB6-B2A7-8090AB7702E2 (resized).jpeg
    61E3A0C0-828B-4EC2-98F1-BA43FABE293F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pickle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 1 year ago

If it’s just one game and not gonna be moved anytime soon then no need for an escalara.

Disconnect everything in the head and remove the head. Move the head to the basement…..pull the entire playfield out of the cabinet and set it aside. Then move the empty cabinet and set it up in the basement. Carefully move the playfield to the basement and put it back in the cabinet. Attach the head and connectors. Double check all connections and it’s done.

This is a pain IF you had to move games up/down stairs often but if it’s just every once in a while a good option instead if you don’t have access to an escalara.

I have only had to do this twice..once when I was pretty new in the hobby and my friend didn’t feel like wrestling with a game down some stairs so he showed me how quick and easy it was to do it this way….came in handy because a couple months later I scored a HS2 and had no help with me and the owner would not help. Took no time at all to break it down and load it up.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

Thanks. That’s pretty much how we got the 3 pins down there. This arcade machine is a beast.[quoted image]

Sorry I missed that it was an arcade LOL!
    Remove the monitor….that will get rid of some weight…..pretty easy to do and may make it manageable if you can’t get an escalara soon enough. I have moved a few that way without issue.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

Well I bought an appliance dolly from Lowes. Mixed reviews. Only has 1 strap. Around $200. I know I can rent them but I wanted to have one for future use. I’m going to do as Pickle suggests and take the monitor out of it. I’m going to see if I can also get the mirror out.

Take pictures of the connectors on the monitor so you know exactly how to hook it up. You should only have to disconnect the power to the monitor and the video sync connector. And maybe a ground connector if it’s hooked up. Just be careful of the neck board and you should be just fine. There should be nothing on the neck to mess with but the are EASY to hit and crack if not careful. If it’s just a standard 19” monitor it weighs like 30-40lbs but because they sit so high in the cabinet it affects the center of gravity making them so awkward. It will still be a little heavy but much easier to manage.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pickle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-with-a-escalara-in-south-jersey?tu=pickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.