Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PB061287.JPG
PB061286.JPG
PB061285.JPG
PB061284.JPG
please.gif
#1 10 years ago

If so, you would mind checking a couple of things for me? Please… please.gifplease.gif

What I am looking for is a couple of things:

1) Start a 1 player game, and turn it off. What position is the score motor - which row E (top row) switches are activated – or a picture would work as well. Start another game and turn off, again what position is the score motor?
2) When you play a game and the multiplier is at 10x or even 100x (the roll under gates) and the game ends, when you start a new game, does the multiplier reset back to 1x?

Thanks

#2 10 years ago

PM pinsider jodini. He has one that he just got up and running. His multiplier does the same thing (carries over from game to game), so maybe together you guys can figure that one out.

Awesome game.

#3 10 years ago

Yes...the Shame Governor is correct! And it doesn't seem like it should. Seems like when you restart the machine, the banks should reset (which the one on the bottom board does but the top bank on the playing field does not).

I've trouble shot it for a LONG time and finally said, oh well!

So it's interesting that you have the same issue.
One your number #1 question, I can get underneath the playing field and do a video and we can check it out.

This being said, I'm hoping there is someone else out there with more experience than mine on this game!
Joe

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the replies.

Score multiplier - yea, I just gave up on it as well about a year ago and left it, actually chocked it up as that is the way it is (even though it doesn't seem right). But since digging into the game again to solve this latest problem I thought I would ask about that as well.

Unfortunately the reset coil on the upper bank on mine isn't marked, so I not even sure where to start looking on the drawing.

But after going over the schematic the last few hours, I think I may have tracked something down with regards to the scoring issue. Have to look it over when I get home if I have some time tonight. I am thinking there is an issue with the motor 1A contact at H4 on the schematic.

I also noticed that there seems to be a couple of mistakes in the drawing:

@ position 19G, the score motor diagram seems wrong - none of the switches list should make any difference if they close. IMHO the 'wire' coming off the motor 1C switch should be connect on the bottom vs. the top.

@ position 18G, on the '3-5 ball adjust' section it should be 5 at the top and 3 on the bottom.

#5 10 years ago

I had and sold a Dodge City 6 months ago. The multiplier does NOT reset. I checked the schematics and it is not on there to do so. I followed up with others and found out that gottlieb purposely did this to encourage the 'next' customer to start the game with the multiplier higher thinking they can get a 'better' game. Also encourages another game by the same customer.

It certainly skews the game though when in home use. This was one reason I let it go ..

Mike V.

#6 10 years ago

Now that's interesting! Not sure why they wouldn't have it reset, but it does make me feel better.

That being said, I'll never let this one go! I enjoy it too much and play it more than my solid state games! Just love shooting that dorky cowboy!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

I had and sold a Dodge City 6 months ago. The multiplier does NOT reset. I checked the schematics and it is not on there to do so. I followed up with others and found out that gottlieb purposely did this to encourage the 'next' customer to start the game with the multiplier higher thinking they can get a 'better' game. Also encourages another game by the same customer.
It certainly skews the game though when in home use. This was one reason I let it go ..
Mike V.

Ok, thanks for that = 1 problem solved (well apparently wasn't really a problem).

#8 10 years ago

O.K. LongJohns...I have another one for you!

Do you have the standard 5 balls in your machine? The reason I ask is because when you play multiplayer (or even single player) the machine will allow the shooter to put out multiple balls (which is like cheating). I had a Williams King pin that had the same set up, but it didn't mater since it was a single player machine.

RacingPin or anyone else with experience on this game, feel free to jump in!
Joe

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

O.K. LongJohns...I have another one for you!
Do you have the standard 5 balls in your machine? The reason I ask is because when you play multiplayer (or even single player) the machine will allow the shooter to put out multiple balls (which is like cheating). I had a Williams King pin that had the same set up, but it didn't mater since it was a single player machine.
RacingPin or anyone else with experience on this game, feel free to jump in!
Joe

???

I am only running a single ball in my Dodge City.

BTW: did you get a chance to look at the score motor orientation?

#10 10 years ago

Not yet...but I can do it tonight if you are still interested.
Joe

#11 10 years ago

Here ya go my friend!

My finger stays in the same position the entire time for reference.
1st Picture: Before I started machine.
2nd picture: The score motor rotated several times till everything reset but ended up in this possition.
3rd picture: Shut down and restarted machine....rotated only 1/3 turn (lower bank resetted)
4th picture: shut down and restarted machine...rotated 1/3 turn
This continued...only rotating 1/3turn.
Hope this helps!

PB061284.JPGPB061284.JPG PB061285.JPGPB061285.JPG PB061286.JPGPB061286.JPG PB061287.JPGPB061287.JPG
#12 10 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

Here ya go my friend!
My finger stays in the same position the entire time for reference.
1st Picture: Before I started machine.
2nd picture: The score motor rotated several times till everything reset but ended up in this possition.
3rd picture: Shut down and restarted machine....rotated only 1/3 turn (lower bank resetted)
4th picture: shut down and restarted machine...rotated 1/3 turn
This continued...only rotating 1/3turn.
Hope this helps!

Ok, thanks - confirms that mine is working correctly. The 1/3 turn was bothering me as I would have thought it would have done a 'complete' reset cycle.

PB061284.JPG 3 MB

PB061285.JPG 3 MB

PB061286.JPG 3 MB

PB061287.JPG 3 MB

#13 10 years ago

There are 3 groups of 5 switch pulses with a stop at every 3rd group position on a Gottlieb score motor. If you listen during reset, you can actually hear the count. 1/2/3/4/5, 1/2/3/4/5, 1/2/3/4/5 ,,, etc. The score motor will run until all features that need to be are reset/latched or counted up using these pulses.

Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-with-a-dodge-city and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.