hitler15 (resized).jpg
westworld (resized).png
william-medium_trans++ZgEkZX3M936N5BQK4Va8RWtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U (resized).jpg
IMG_0659 (resized).JPG
1445207270295 (resized).jpg
gallery-blade-runner-30 (resized).jpg
Blade-Runner-Tyrell-e1370506119984 (resized).jpg
tumblr_lwixpy3km61r8q6tio1_500 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 7 years ago

I too remember seeing the original back when it came out. I was about 14 and it freaked me out. I watched the first HBO episode last night - thought it was pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

EDIT: '73! ...I thought this came out in '79. OK, I was about eight years old. No wonder I was so freaked out!

1 week later
#187 7 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Seems like the biggest question is in regards to Ed Harris's character. Is he a host or a guest?

So I admit I was really drunk when I watched the 2nd episode, but..... didn't I see him get shot multiple times with no effect? Seems like that points to him being a host.

#201 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If you watch the movie they tell you that androids cannot harm living people. ...[edited]...That's why it was a big deal at the end of the first episode to see Delores kill that fly because she is not supposed to be able to harm a living thing.

OK - I think I get it now. My wife said it best while we were watching: "This show is a mind f*ck"

3 weeks later
#317 7 years ago

I'm still enjoying the show, but seriously - a 'butcher' could take a host on a tour of the facility without raising any eyebrows? He can just put a dress on her, walk around and chat it up with her and have free reign of the facility? c'mon...

3 weeks later
#414 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We know that a lobotomy resets their memory, but doesn't it seem like these characters would have been shot in the face in the past? I'm assuming they are implying these sentient hosts have never been shot in the head, which seems unlikely.

They randomly backup to the cloud.

#474 7 years ago

Now that it's confirmed the man in Black is William, I really want to go back and watch again from the start. It's pretty creative how they merged the various timelines.

3 years later
#669 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Season 3 Full trailer just dropped

Looks good! I thought things were starting to drag on a bit towards the end of season 2 - looks like season 3 will pick up the pace.

#671 4 years ago

..and Aaron Paul~!

3 weeks later
#676 4 years ago

Well - anyone watch last night? I thought it was good - set up the characters in the 'new world' with each having a somewhat different objective. The cinematography and CGI work was impressive. I think I'll be a better season than season 2.

1 month later
#715 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

They should have just kept the show within the theme parks and had each season explore a different park and use that park's themes to explore different ideas.

Who's to say they aren't doing that right now? Maybe you are seeing Future World, and the theme is the controlling nature of technology. Hmmmm….

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-watch-hbos-westworld?tu=sunking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.