hitler15 (resized).jpg
westworld (resized).png
william-medium_trans++ZgEkZX3M936N5BQK4Va8RWtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U (resized).jpg
IMG_0659 (resized).JPG
1445207270295 (resized).jpg
gallery-blade-runner-30 (resized).jpg
Blade-Runner-Tyrell-e1370506119984 (resized).jpg
tumblr_lwixpy3km61r8q6tio1_500 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#711 3 years ago

Unless there is some huge payoff in the last two episodes, I think this season is a big miss. I'm not surprised the ratings are down. We're only in the third season and already we're far removed from the theme park setting the show was built on. How did we go from exploring the agency of the hosts to the free will of mankind outside of the parks? Having the parks exist inside that kind of system in the rest of the world seems problematic.

#714 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I also enjoyed Episode 6. Probably one of the better from the season, which isn't saying a whole lot. I feel as though Delores releasing all that data should have been a huge payoff, but it just didn't feel properly supported. Seems as though next week will focus on Caleb's backstory then hopefully setup some final conflict between the "Delori" and Maeve, Bernard, Stubbs, and William. I don't know what it is, but there will then be some twist with both Caleb and Serac. I'm perhaps more interested in where they can go from here. What would be your dream setup for a Season 4? I'm honestly not even sure how they go back to something I'll look forward to watching.

They should have just kept the show within the theme parks and had each season explore a different park and use that park's themes to explore different ideas. They care too much about preventing people from guessing where they're going and not enough on making the journey enjoyable. Now that the show has expanded to worldwide behavior control of humans, what can they do? Reveal that space aliens were controlling humans all along?

Shows like this and recent star wars movies make me wonder if there's such a thing as peer review processes when investing in such large budget productions.

#731 3 years ago

This is a show that might work better if they dropped the whole season at once. When they make so much of it about noticing small details that call back to brief moments that aired several episodes before or years before, it's too hard to follow unless you have the time to review before and after each new episode. It feels like homework.

#736 3 years ago

I went from "I can't wait to see what they do next" to "they should probably stop after this season."

#741 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

As I watched this episode, I could clearly see the effort that was put in and I realized I was feeling nothing for what I was seeing. Just don't care. A bummer.

Season one had that added layer of an interesting concept of a theme park where there were no consequences and you got to think about what you might do there yourself, and what it all meant. You sort of took that journey with the theme park guests and realized along the way how messed up it was. There hasn't been anything relatable since the first season. It's all future problems now, and it's all so far removed from reality that it's hard to care about what happens.

#746 3 years ago

Wow. That was awful.

#749 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

Loved Season 1. Anthony Hopkins stole the show, but there were so many other great actors and performances also. Superb. One of my favorite HBO shows.
Season 2 was OK, but I didn't care for the idea of leaving the park.
Season 3 was really a struggle to make it though. I just wanted everyone but Bernard and Stubbs to die! I'm done and don't care if they ever start/finish Season 4.
I feel like it would have been better if they never left the park, and just kept going through different worlds inside the park. Or maybe it should have just been 1 season and done.

I feel the same way about season 4. Before this season I definitely looked forward to new seasons and now I could not care less. I almost stopped watching this episode halfway through. My wife made the call to finish it.

Season 1: Fun to watch and satisfying.
Season 2: Fun to watch if not satisfying.
Season 3: Hard to watch.

#754 3 years ago

I admit I didn't feel like giving this season the brain power that maybe it needs to be appreciated, but didn't all the free will debate seem ridiculous with all the manufactured dichotomies? "You have a choice: Do what I want because you have no free will, or don't do what I want because you have free will, but you're only making that choice to avoid not having free will, and therefore, being forced into the choice, you really have no free will either way."

By the way... I love how society is collapsing into disorder and people are rioting and you can still find crime mercenaries willing to die for you for the right price.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-watch-hbos-westworld?tu=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.