hitler15 (resized).jpg
westworld (resized).png
william-medium_trans++ZgEkZX3M936N5BQK4Va8RWtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U (resized).jpg
IMG_0659 (resized).JPG
1445207270295 (resized).jpg
gallery-blade-runner-30 (resized).jpg
Blade-Runner-Tyrell-e1370506119984 (resized).jpg
tumblr_lwixpy3km61r8q6tio1_500 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 7 years ago

I don't see the point in watching another wannabe rehash of one of the best movies ever.

They are supposed to take themes that bombed, and people forgot about and try to get it right the second time.

No matter what they do with this show, it will not be as good as the original. Yul Brynner' s dead. RIP.

That, and I don't get HBO.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Instead of just making a knee-jerk reaction, why don't you watch an episode and then make an informed decision?

Quoted from o-din:

I don't get HBO.

I have seen the new MacGuyver and that really blows.

The problem with this kind of rehash is you are replacing legendary characters of yesterday with actors of today.

If you aren't too familiar with the originals then it shouldn't bother you much.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

So, Aesop was right? Gotcha, you sly fox!

Yep. I might have watched it if I got it. I just can't see how they are going to draw this out in a series now.

I'll admit I did enjoy the remakes of The Mechanic with Jason Statham, and 3:10 to Yuma with Russell Crowe and Christian Bale is one of my all time favorites. But they left them as motion pictures and didn't try to drag them out in a never ending series.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Thats Christian Bale on the left.

Indeed.

Christian-Bale-Russell-Crowe-as-Dan-Evans-Ben-Wade-3-10-to-yuma-18071948-1800-1918 (resized).jpgChristian-Bale-Russell-Crowe-as-Dan-Evans-Ben-Wade-3-10-to-yuma-18071948-1800-1918 (resized).jpg

#50 7 years ago

Glad they didn't try to make a series out of that!

#52 7 years ago

Doesn't Richard Benjamin look like the dude on ESPN?

richardbenjamin-21stascawards-1 (resized).jpgrichardbenjamin-21stascawards-1 (resized).jpg

#53 7 years ago

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

Will a Westworld pin be the suprise hit at Expo?

A pinball machine where nothing can go wrong....

#59 7 years ago

Tastes like chicken!

westworld6 (resized).jpgwestworld6 (resized).jpg

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

True Grits were better than 3:10s to Yuma!

I watched the remake of True Grit and it was nothing compared to the original.

The Dude is not the Duke and he failed miserably trying.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I enjoyed the movie, Capricorn One with James Brolin, costarring Sam Waterston and Inmate 02648927.

I enjoyed the movie ,The Magnificent Seven with Yul Brynner, and an all star cast.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

You should give the show a shot, o-din!

You mean I should have accepted that three free months of HBO? Now you tell me! They never have anything good and now finally something I might want to watch?

#67 7 years ago

Zardoz will blow your mind. Andromeda Strain, Omega Man, Soylent Green, and Logans Run are all time classics.

Rollerball is a perfect pinball theme.

#69 7 years ago

I'll probably wait until it's a VHS box set in the bargain bin at Walmart.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I agree with you there. The remake wasn't memorable at all. I can't even remember what the plot actually was.

It's almost ironic a Coen would opt for a what seemed like a more politically correct ending than the original had.

I saw 1969 True Grit in the theatre when I was very young and that movie was bigger than life. I can still watch it over and over.

The refake should have been left in the can.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Me, 20 minutes into hanging out at o-din's:

20 minutes later....

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I enjoyed both True Grits (mmm...Grits) actually. The young girls in both did an amazing job and was glad Bridges didn't try to do a John Wayne impression.

John Wayne won the academy award for his portrayal of Rooster Cogburn and it was well deserved.

A relatively unkown actress named Kim Darby played the roll of Mattie Ross convincingly and with passion and recieved nominations and awards outside the academy and deservedly so. The only thing I found memorable about the girl in the remake is she might have been a little prettier.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Do you think nostalgia is playing any role in your love of the original movie?

Not at all. It is one of the all time great movies whether I saw it as a kid or not. If I had never seen it before and watched the two back to back, my opinion would probably be the same.

The remake did not have the excitement and urgency that the original did. It was almost like they were just going thru the motions.

And remember, the original also had the Rhinestone Cowboy himself. Along with Robert Duvall as lucky Ned Pepper. And Lawyer Dagget seemed to be missing from the remake as well.

glen-campbell-la-boeuf-and-kim-darby-as-mattie (resized).jpgglen-campbell-la-boeuf-and-kim-darby-as-mattie (resized).jpg

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I just realized they made a sequel to True Grit called Rooster Cogburn.

It is actually a pretty good movie with a firey actress you may have heard of named Kathryn Hepburn. Her and Wayne worked very good together in that movie.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

But Box from Logan's Run - that was a friggin' scary robot!

"My job is to freeze you"

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

don't forget naked jenny agutter!

"Let's take our clothes off first, before they freeze on us."

One of my favorite movie scenes when I was 14 years old.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

With dad in the seat next to you squirming and wondering what kind of show he took you to.

Nah, I went with a buddy. We won tickets off the radio and the theatre manager didn't seem to mind we were underage and let us in anyway.

#106 7 years ago

Wizards was the perfect stoner movie from the 70s. First time I saw it was the first of a double feature with the Song Remains the Same, so we were already geared up for it when we got there. Must have seen it five times before I could remember any of the plot, but I knew I liked it.

As far as Logans Run, Farrah Fawcett was the sex symbol of the 70s, but after seeing that movie it was Jenny Agutter I thought about.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

How about when the disaster movies were big and the theater got Sensurround speakers for movies like Earthquake and Midway.

Earthquake with Victoria Principal? Heck ya!

#108 7 years ago

The 70s were a great time for movies. When the biggest stars in Hollywood took any roles they could get. And liked it!

the-towering-inferno-movie-poster (resized).jpgthe-towering-inferno-movie-poster (resized).jpg

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Noone of the characters could hold Yul Brynner's jock strap.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#114 7 years ago

Poseiden Adventure is pretty much the one that started it all.

Oh wasn't it a great time to be growing up!

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Airport was the one that started the disaster movie run.

Almost forgot about that one. Another great movie with many sequels.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The other day I caught a movie called Crash Landing on TCM. It's supposed to be an early disaster movie from '58.

I saw that one. Great movie!

I've been watching a lot of those before my time movies on Turner lately. One that really must have made people think is this cold war nuclear disaster movie starring Henry Fonda.

FAILSAFE1SHHRws (resized).jpgFAILSAFE1SHHRws (resized).jpg

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

set 40 years into the future from the original Delos theme park.

Vid, wasn't it already in the future?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-watch-hbos-westworld?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.