hitler15 (resized).jpg
westworld (resized).png
william-medium_trans++ZgEkZX3M936N5BQK4Va8RWtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U (resized).jpg
IMG_0659 (resized).JPG
1445207270295 (resized).jpg
gallery-blade-runner-30 (resized).jpg
Blade-Runner-Tyrell-e1370506119984 (resized).jpg
tumblr_lwixpy3km61r8q6tio1_500 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 7 years ago

Josh Brolin

MTE5NDg0MDU0ODMwMjIwODE1 (resized).jpgMTE5NDg0MDU0ODMwMjIwODE1 (resized).jpg

#61 7 years ago

I enjoyed the movie, Capricorn One with James Brolin. Costarring Sam Waterston and Inmate 02648927.

PHOd764b152-6371-11e4-8211-af93060755d3-805x453 (resized).jpgPHOd764b152-6371-11e4-8211-af93060755d3-805x453 (resized).jpg

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

You should give the show a shot, o-din! It's not really a remake. In fact, there's a ton of evidence that it may actually be a sequel, 30 years later.
A remake would've ruffled my feathers - it's not right to replace legends - but a legit sequel I can deal with.

Agreed. I just watched it tonight because of this thread and enjoyed it. Now I'll wait until the season is over and go back and binge watch it.

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

but after seeing that movie it was Jenny Agutter I thought about.

Keep you hands where we can see them.

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

and not have to wait around for a full week to get to the next episode, especially if there is a cliffhanger.

I've begun many mornings with sleep deprivation.

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

without revealing any spoilers

Too late. Drinks are on you at Expo, Blabbermouth.

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Still thinking the Ed Harris character is the gunslinger from the original

I agree. I also think he's gone rogue and wants to sneak back into the WW facility. Probably to kill his maker or blow the place up. I only watched the first episode but at the end they showed him carrying the scalp of the robot he destroyed in the cliffs. The underside of the scalp showed computer electronics in it. He could use that to trick the security system to get in undetected.

You guys are making it hard for me to stay away and binge watch the season later.

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's never happened before.

Yes but Ed Harris's character is doing it without Daryl Hannah.

gallery-blade-runner-30 (resized).jpggallery-blade-runner-30 (resized).jpg

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I've never seen the original Westworld

Recommend you watch it for reference and continuity. You'll enjoy it even more.

#191 7 years ago

a

Quoted from schwarz:

Hosts get shot and die all the time.
Guests do not.

In the original movie some guests are killed. Also, as a rouge android he could have found a way to defeat the West World mechanisms.

I love shows that keep us all guessing.

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Guests only got killed when something went wrong and the robots started killing. So far no guests have been killed yet in the show.

So you and I are in agreement. Yes? The show is based from the original movie.

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

But I also know how execs and filmmakers want to make something their own without giving any credit to previous incarnations.

I agree with your general comment but will differ in a friendly way with what I have quoted.

One of my pet Hollywood peeves is the constant rehash of product. Different curtains but same window.
Example: The Omega Man v I Am Legend

Another example, the movie Avatar which I hated because it was so predictable. Bad guy turns good guy, gets the girl in the end. How many times have we seen that story line.

Gerrrr... I like to be surprised.

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Yes. Everyone who hasn't, watch the original movie. It is very cool.

As a quick aside. I bought The Walking Dead because I loved playing it so much. One of Sterns finest IMO. But I had never seen the show and because I loved the pin so much I decided to watch the series. Watching the show enhanced my playing time and things made more sense to me. It wasn't necessary but I found it worth while.

FYI: I know I'm in the minority but I thought the Walking Dead series was a mediocre turd and I labored through many episodes. YMMV

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-watch-hbos-westworld?tu=mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.