hitler15 (resized).jpg
westworld (resized).png
william-medium_trans++ZgEkZX3M936N5BQK4Va8RWtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U (resized).jpg
IMG_0659 (resized).JPG
1445207270295 (resized).jpg
gallery-blade-runner-30 (resized).jpg
Blade-Runner-Tyrell-e1370506119984 (resized).jpg
tumblr_lwixpy3km61r8q6tio1_500 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matesamo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 7 years ago

I enjoyed the first episode but was not blown away but reading the discussion boards has given me a better understanding of the episode and a lot of the clues and easter eggs with in it and now I am more excited about the series. I am SO thankful that HBO does not do the Netflix model of dumping all the episodes at once, it is great to read the speculation posts with everyone on the same episode and no spoilers.

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I actually like having all the episodes released at once, so I can watch when it fits my schedule and not have to wait around for a full week to get to the next episode, especially if there is a cliffhanger.

But aren't cliffhangers the best? To anticipate and think about the different possible outcomes for a few days? To speculate with friends about what could happen? To discuss it the following day?

Or maybe I am just too old school, lol. Also I hate the people who have time to binge watch a show and then talk about it and have them go out of their way trying not to spoil it. "What episode are you on? Oh, that is the one where she comes back to life right? Oh, she's still dead? Forget I said anything!" or the ever popular "I don't want to spoil anything but wait until episode 7 when the shit really hits the fan! WOW!"

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from pigeonfarmboy:

I believe the boy is Anthony Hopkins' creation of himself as a child.

That was my understanding as well. When they first meet they share a common story about their father or something along those lines, made me think right away that this was modeled after himself.

I don't think Ed Harris is an android, they are throwing some clues to make you perhaps give the impression, but it does not really fit. I think he is a crazy wealthy long time customer who is playing the meta-game. This episode one of the employees even mentions that he is a customer who is going a little overboard and asks if they should slow him down.

By the way; that poor prospector! Anyone who has ever played a MMPOG will probably have a solid reaction to him!

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Ghostbusters 2016 was what crept into my mind. They had the opportunity to tie it into the previous movies but because of ego or whatever they wanted to make their own thing separate from the previous movies.

They tried to make a part 3 for years but Bill Murray wanted nothing to do with it. After Landis died all hope was gone of the original cast coming back but Murray was willing to do a cameo as a different character. I thought it all worked out, that was the problem with Part 2, the fun was the Ghostbusters learning the ropes and the public slowly coming to believe them. Where do you go when you have saved the world? According to part two it is working children's birthday parties.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm hoping Westworld the show is an expansion and continuation of Westworld the movie rather than a remake and erasure of what came before. An example is Mad Max Fury Road which doesn't state if it's a remake or continuation but provides new locales not seen before and new characters to make it feel like a continuation of the world previously seen.

The producers have said that it is not a continuation of the movies but they have thrown some Easter eggs into the show for fans that are being taken as hints. Then again, who knows, maybe they are saying one thing to surprise us with the obvious. Remember Khan from Star Trek Into Darkness? Could be that all over again.

1 year later
#540 5 years ago

The multiple timelines thing is hard to keep track but it wasn't a bad first episode of the season. My biggest issue is the lack of a hero to root for, everyone in the damn show is evil.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matesamo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-watch-hbos-westworld?tu=matesamo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.