hitler15 (resized).jpg
westworld (resized).png
william-medium_trans++ZgEkZX3M936N5BQK4Va8RWtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U (resized).jpg
IMG_0659 (resized).JPG
1445207270295 (resized).jpg
gallery-blade-runner-30 (resized).jpg
Blade-Runner-Tyrell-e1370506119984 (resized).jpg
tumblr_lwixpy3km61r8q6tio1_500 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 7 years ago

This first episode laid down some good groundwork for fleshing out various plot lines. I'd give it a thumbs up and can't wait to see the next episode.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Slightly off topic but the biggest scifi surprise for me has been The Expanse, now that show being as good as it is on the Syfy channel's shoestring budget is a minor miracle.

I thought it was good too. I almost thought it was cancelled for some reason until I just looked it up again and saw new episodes should be coming January 2017.

If you liked that, there was an independent precursor to this (and probably "Ascension") called L5. I was hoping to see a continuation for it, but it seems unlikely at this point since I haven't heard any news about it in several years. Note--the acting is a little stiff, and special effects aren't big-budget, but the general story is interesting, especially during the dry spell when the scifi channel was just showing wrestling.

http://vodo.net/hemogoblin/l5/

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

but he's no moses

Well, but he might be Rameses.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have seen the new MacGuyver and that really blows.

The problem with this kind of rehash is you are replacing legendary characters of yesterday with actors of today.

If you aren't too familiar with the originals then it shouldn't bother you much.

Yup, I saw that MacGuyver bombed. Badly. Their casting choice for the lead role made me go "wait, what? Really?". I didn't bother to watch this one.

But--some remakes/reboots/sequels do end up being decent. So far, I'd put Westworld into the "worth the watch" category even after just one episode. Normally, I give a show 2-3 episodes if the first one is borderline. Heck, the first episode Luke Cage was kind of terrible, but it found its footing in episode 2.

I enjoyed the original westworld, and the show it didn't feel like a reboot at all. A continuation of sorts.

Quoted from o-din:

I watched the remake of True Grit and it was nothing compared to the original.

I agree with you there. The remake wasn't memorable at all. I can't even remember what the plot actually was.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I read over 80 of Louis L'Amour's books when I was younger... everything I could get my hands on. That brings back a lot of good memories.

I've always enjoyed the audiobook dramatizations, especially the Chick Bowdrie stores. They are entertaining and done very well.

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I am SO thankful that HBO does not do the Netflix model of dumping all the episodes at once, it is great to read the speculation posts with everyone on the same episode and no spoilers.

I actually like having all the episodes released at once, so I can watch when it fits my schedule and not have to wait around for a full week to get to the next episode, especially if there is a cliffhanger.

#151 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

without revealing any spoilers, was the boy that anthony hopkin's character taking a stoll with in last night's episode, a host or a real person? initially, I was thinking he was the son of a guest, but at the end I'm thinking just another robot

Host. He responded to commands like the other hosts did. He was also in episode 1 briefly.

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Very much enjoyed last night's episode. Seemed to me that this episode was a bit more focused on developing some of the story lines versus trying to get a gazillion story lines in the first episode.

Yep, I saw it as laying some more ground work down for the plot threads, including some world building, and fleshing out the characters some more. Not as exciting as ep1, but still a good watch.

1 month later
#342 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I watched every season.....and honestly I'm not sure why. I personally think they have taken to storyline too far. Fear the walking dead is just plain bad if you ask me. I could care less if they live or die. They're so stupid.

I haven't convinced myself to even watch the first episode of this season yet. Much of the show has been a daytime soap opera and less about survival in a zombie apocalypse.

I'm starting to like Z Nation a bit more than TWD. It's campy and less serious at times, but entertaining. Also, nobody is hollering for Caaarrrrl all the time, so that's a plus.

#356 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That worked out so well for Lost, what's the concern?!?

Didn't Lost have a bunch of plot holes big enough to drive a locomotive through?

This episode was definately an interesting leap forward with the reveal.

1 week later
#386 7 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I was a little surprised that you can just cauterize the carotid artery. The way the bearded dude was bleeding it sure looked like carotid artery was severed.

It looked like a tissue repair tool, rather than a cauterizing implement.

1 week later
#419 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

These printers look like fancy sewing machines seemingly making everything out of a white fiber material. The mangled hosts (shown so far) have metal and other items in them.

Keep in mind--there are different time periods being shown simultaneously, which show the mechanical hosts from 30 years ago, as well as the current bio-printed hosts.

#430 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It seems to be pretty common knowledge that Ford had a partner, so how could it be so easily missed that Bernard looks exactly like him?

Nobody else appears to be close to Ford's age, other than the man in black, so it's likely nobody currently working there ever met Arnold. Also, at one point, didn't someone say all references and photos to Arnold were scrubbed?

#467 7 years ago

Well, I'm looking forward to the next season

#502 7 years ago

I assumed they were smart bullets of some sort that disintegrated when hitting a guest.

[edit]: I found this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/westworld/comments/59h9ed/how_bullets_in_westworld_work/

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-watch-hbos-westworld?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.