1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 656 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 80 days ago by aobrien5
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 38 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

westworld-trailer-01 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
lotsa-bernard (resized).jpg
ABB5000 (resized).jpg
hitler15 (resized).jpg
westworld (resized).png
william-medium_trans++ZgEkZX3M936N5BQK4Va8RWtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U (resized).jpg
IMG_0659 (resized).JPG
1445207270295 (resized).jpg
gallery-blade-runner-30 (resized).jpg
Blade-Runner-Tyrell-e1370506119984 (resized).jpg
tumblr_lwixpy3km61r8q6tio1_500 (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
FAILSAFE1SHHRws (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
meteor_belgian (resized).jpg

There are 658 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 83 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I wasn’t able to find any more detail of specifics on the lawsuit and the story similarities - other than that link and the snopes article that says she never actually got a dime or judgment against the wachowskis. Based on how awful 2 and 3 were (well half of 2 isn’t bad), I wouldn’t be surprised if they did actually lift it. Lol she also tried to sue Cameron regarding Terminatoe, when HE actually had to pay Harlan Ellison for similarities with 2 of his stories.
Anyway, sorry, Westworld.. hope season 3 is better

Yeah, I don't have links or anything, I read it in real time when it was happening. I had the impression then (and now) that she had terrible representation and was flaky, so she would miss court dates, etc, and the judge(s) just got tired of dealing with her, plus the movie side had massive financial resources. She had a website where she posted some of the stuff and it was WAY out there, but you could see stuff that made it into the Matrix that was pretty revolutionary for a movie like that. Lots of "whoa" stuff that was just absent from 2 and 3 completely (which were more conventional bad storytelling with lots of trope overload missing from The Matrix).

#652 82 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yeah, I don't have links or anything, I read it in real time when it was happening. I had the impression then (and now) that she had terrible representation and was flaky, so she would miss court dates, etc, and the judge(s) just got tired of dealing with her, plus the movie side had massive financial resources. She had a website where she posted some of the stuff and it was WAY out there, but you could see stuff that made it into the Matrix that was pretty revolutionary for a movie like that. Lots of "whoa" stuff that was just absent from 2 and 3 completely (which were more conventional bad storytelling with lots of trope overload missing from The Matrix).

There’s a book on Amazon which is supposed to be the story/screenplay but is mostly court documents (?!). The reviews are pretty funny, but don’t really go into detail on the story

#653 82 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There’s a book on Amazon which is supposed to be the story/screenplay but is mostly court documents (?!). The reviews are pretty funny, but don’t really go into detail on the story

What's the link to that? I might be interested!

#654 81 days ago

This show is just not that great. No way is it a GOT replacement, not even close.

I barely care what happens, and have fallen asleep often watching it.

The production value is sky high though, I'll still tune in to season 3.

#655 80 days ago

For me Westworld is a good GOT replacement. Nothing quite measures up to GOT, but when it's not airing, Westworld fits the bill nicely for me. It is hard to follow, though. I've watched the season 3 finale twice now and it's just starting to make sense. I'm glad somebody posted about the ending credits scene is WAY into the future, cause that part really boggled my mind.

#656 80 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't mind the time jumps, but this season did seem like they added some twists just to keep you confused. My biggest frustration is still Maeve's powers. She can freeze everyone, yet waits to do that until the last minute. She can communicate telepathically with hosts yet needs to run around looking for her daughter. Also the payoff for her story arc seemed pretty weak. I think we were supposed to care about the hosts reaching The Valley Beyond more then we did. Dolores' feelings on it may have had something to do with that, but even without her explanation it was just a weak payoff. Maybe too literal, I'm not sure. Besides here escape from The Mesa, I just didn't enjoy how they wrapped things up with Maeve and her daughter. I'm not ready to jump ship, like some here, I still think it's pretty damn good TV. I actually like western's though, so I hope were not done with Westworld. Seeing Dolores and Bernard in the modern world has much less appeal to me.

This is my big problem too. I hate when they give some character some big power, and then they forget to use it because they need to add drama. Bad writing.

#657 80 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Nothing quite measures up to GOT

Well, I like Vikings and Black Sails.....

#658 80 days ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Well, I like Vikings and Black Sails.....

Vikings is awesome, but not quite GoT awesome.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 85.00
Boards
FLIPPROJETS
$ 199.99
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
£ 45.00
Lighting - Other
PinballToys
$ 9.99
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 7.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 209.99
$ 126.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
There are 658 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside