hitler15 (resized).jpg
westworld (resized).png
william-medium_trans++ZgEkZX3M936N5BQK4Va8RWtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U (resized).jpg
IMG_0659 (resized).JPG
1445207270295 (resized).jpg
gallery-blade-runner-30 (resized).jpg
Blade-Runner-Tyrell-e1370506119984 (resized).jpg
tumblr_lwixpy3km61r8q6tio1_500 (resized).jpg
There are 768 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 16.
#451 7 years ago

Anyone here heard or read the theory that Delos corp is an abbreviation of Delores?

Assuming William/MIB is an owner or majority shareholder.

#452 7 years ago

This show is far better than I expected it to be. Can't wait for the season finale this weekend. Well, that and the SEC championship game!

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

The only way I can reconcile that is that old Will has figured out Arnold's key to gaining conciousness (emotional pain) and was trying to trigger an awakening.

That is a good theory. I'm having trouble connecting the young Will to the MIB because of what he did to Delores. Maybe that would help me reconcile with his actions to a degree. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Anyone here heard or read the theory that Delos corp is an abbreviation of Delores?

I didn't make that connection. It makes sense. Good one.

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I didn't make that connection. It makes sense. Good one.

Interesting... perhaps after his early experience with Delores in Arnolds version of the park, will took over and renamed the company Delos with a primary objective of developing true sentient AI as he saw was possible then. Would explain the board lady's reference to their true agenda and why they are trying to get the code out from under Ford.

#456 7 years ago

The preview from the 90 minute finale this Sunday has Charlotte trying to eject Ford at the behest of the board. He asks why they think he won't just smash all his toys and leave them with nothing. She says she knows he won't. She's probably not ready for what will happen, but I can't wait to see it play out.

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Interesting... perhaps after his early experience with Delores in Arnolds version of the park, will took over and renamed the company Delos with a primary objective of developing true sentient AI as he saw was possible then. Would explain the board lady's reference to their true agenda and why they are trying to get the code out from under Ford.

Indeed. I can't wait for the finale to see if your right. Pity we will need to wait until 2018 for season 2. Let's hope they don't leave us hanging too much. What a great show!

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I was reminded that Delos, in the original movie, was the name of the world that contained 3 parks. The parks were Westworld, Medieval World and Roman World. Much like Disney and its Kingdoms.

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I was reminded that Delos, in the original movie, was the name of the world that contained 3 parks. The parks were Westworld, Medieval World and Roman World. Much like Disney and its Kingdoms.

Thats true, but I'm not sure how much they are planning to theme off of the original movie.

In the movie Delos was the park name and WestWorld was a land you could visit where as here its a parent corporation that had purchased WestWorld sometime after its creation. Also original movie robots were far more primitive than we have seen so far even in the past (presumably before Delos bought WW if the movie and show were to align) with the mechanical models.

#461 7 years ago

Season finale tonight. Anyone doing anything special?

#463 7 years ago

Drinking games?

Every time someone says "that doesn't look like anything to me", take a shot. Every time a twist in the finale blows your mind, chug your beer.

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Season finale tonight. Anyone doing anything special?

Cancelling HBO until Game of Thrones?

#465 7 years ago

Spectacular finale!

#467 7 years ago

Well, I'm looking forward to the next season

#469 7 years ago

So, was that robo-Ford that took the bullet, or was it real Ford after downloading his consciousness into a host made in his image?

Ford's speech talked about the point that the musician becomes the music. Since the hosts are his "great work," it would be appropriate that he becomes a host and joins them in immortality.

#470 7 years ago

Brilliant show, the writing, directing, acting and cinematography are all top notch.
Outstanding season finale episode, I am salivating for season two.

#471 7 years ago

Well, that was hardcore....
Loved it!

#472 7 years ago

Insane finale. Probably my favorite show since Lost.

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Best show since SOA for me.

#474 7 years ago

Now that it's confirmed the man in Black is William, I really want to go back and watch again from the start. It's pretty creative how they merged the various timelines.

#475 7 years ago

I don't have much to add. The grand finale of Ford's narrative in a way the completion of Arnold's narrative. How much from the present of this season was actually scripted by Ford? It's looking like the final narrative might have all been the setup for his "new narrative" which will be the uprising.

PS: I was surprised they introduced another world, Samurai World.
PSS: Since everyone's comparing it to other shows, I'll say it's my favorite show since Breaking Bad.

#476 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So, was that robo-Ford that took the bullet, or was it real Ford after downloading his consciousness into a host made in his image?

I was wondering that as well since he told the audience in his farewell speech something like you are all only human after all which to me implied he was not. He was working on a new host when Bernard killed that lady so maybe it was a host of himself. Ford was one of my favorite characters and guess I'm just hoping he will be back again in season two in some form, either human or robot.

#477 7 years ago

FANTASTIC SHOW!

#478 7 years ago

I also liked the subtle hints about other parks. When Maeve gets the note it says PARK 1. Also I'm thinking Ford is maybe completing Arnold's request to not open the park? It will certainly be shut down now...

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I also liked the subtle hints about other parks. When Maeve gets the note it says PARK 1. Also I'm thinking Ford is maybe completing Arnold's request to not open the park? It will certainly be shut down now...

I'm not sure the room full of samurai hosts with the initials SW (Samurai World) instead of WW (West World) was all that subtle. I was actually surprised that they introduced another world. It could adds a lot more complexity, to an already complex world.

#480 7 years ago

I am probably going to watch the whole season again but have one question if anybody is familiar. When he's talking to Theresa early on and the construction was going on around them, was that just them moving the dirt and rebuilding the town where the maze ends? (name escapes me) I was thinking initially that would be the home of the next park (SW as it was revealed)

#481 7 years ago

I also need to re-watch, but I believe Ford was uncovering / rebuilding the town where the original catastrophic failure occurred. As we now know the beginning of his new narrative starts with a second catastrophic failure.

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I also need to re-watch, but I believe Ford was uncovering / rebuilding the town where the original catastrophic failure occurred. As we now know the beginning of his new narrative starts with a second catastrophic failure.

Thats the impression I got. I believe Will also mentioned that the town had been uncovered.

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I am probably going to watch the whole season again but have one question if anybody is familiar. When he's talking to Theresa early on and the construction was going on around them, was that just them moving the dirt and rebuilding the town where the maze ends? (name escapes me) I was thinking initially that would be the home of the next park (SW as it was revealed)

Yes. They were digging out the town where the maze ends. There's even a clip of Delores standing at the end of the maze, even thought it was under dirt. Showing that this has happened multiple times before.

Such a brilliant episode.

I enjoyed the bit with Maeve and Bernard, where he said that she was programmed to wake up. He then says how it's all scripted "you get to the train....." and she smashes the tablet out of his hands saying that she is making her own choices! And then she later gets to the train and...

Was ford printing a new Elsie in the bsmt? Was he printing a new ford? He must have known about Maeve trying to escape. Anthony Hopkins hasn't renewed his contract yet, but I just don't think he's gone for good. Maybe we'll see him return as a supporting role, just as flash backs.

Maybe someday I'll have a westworld pin next to my game of thrones one, because this show is shaping up to be great. I have no doubt in the creative team behind this show; well done.

#484 7 years ago

I could almost survive off just HBO. Some of my ALL-TIME favorite series:

Last Week Tonight
Game of Thrones
Sopranos
Westworld
Deadwood
Boardwalk Empire
The Wire
Rome
The Newsroom
Silicon Valley

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Was he printing a new ford?.

This is probably one of the biggest questions for me. Then, assuming he printed a host version of himself, which version did Deloris shoot? If he was a human, perhaps he would have said "we" instead of "you're" in the line, "you're only human after all". Then again, in the last episode he did seem to have the feeling that it hosts were superior to humans. Was that the opinion of a sentient host, or a human that knew he had previously uploaded his consciousness into a host. I think either options would have logical support.

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

This is probably one of the biggest questions for me. Then, assuming he printed a host version of himself, which version did Deloris shoot? If he was a human, perhaps he would have said "we" instead of "you're" in the line, "you're only human after all". Then again, in the last episode he did seem to have the feeling that it hosts were superior to humans. Was that the opinion of a sentient host, or a human that knew he had previously uploaded his consciousness into a host. I think either options would have logical support.

I guess it depends on if Sir Anthony Hopkins signs on for season two. God I hope so.

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I enjoyed the bit with Maeve and Bernard, where he said that she was programmed to wake up. He then says how it's all scripted "you get to the train....." and she smashes the tablet out of his hands saying that she is making her own choices! And then she later gets to the train and...

I think there was something important there.

Ford said the way for a host to truly become awake is to make a choice not based on programming.

When Bernard was telling Maeve what her programming said, he said:

"You recruit other hosts to help you. Then you're to make your way to the train. Then when you reach the mainland..."

Except Maeve never went to the mainland. She made a choice to get off the train and go look for her daughter.

I think Maeve and Dolores are the only two hosts that are truly "awake" per Ford's definition.

(I got the text from the subtitles)

#488 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It's looking like the final narrative might have all been the setup for his "new narrative" which will be the uprising.

Into the night I believe it was called and they're not going gently.

#489 7 years ago

It was shared that the next season is 2018, at the earliest....

#490 7 years ago

Yeah, it's going to be a long wait.

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It was shared that the next season is 2018, at the earliest....

Just watched the finale tonight. (Fantastic by the way).
And when it was over I said to my wife, "Now we have over a year to wait".

#492 7 years ago

Great finale. Even though many people had figured out that William was the MIB, and many of the other twists, it was still done very well. I loved how Ford was behind all of the changes after all as a middle finger to the board.

#493 7 years ago

That wait time will be brutal. It will be difficult for Maeve to find her daughter (or at least the same actress), since she will have probably aged noticeably.

#494 7 years ago

but is ford really dead? he may of swapped a clone in! Is this his plan to get rid of the board?

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

but is ford really dead? he may of swapped a clone in! Is this his plan to get rid of the board?

I'm thinking thats at least part of his plan. Gather the board, let the last train of guests leave then let it rip.

I'm wondering if Ford isn't a copy, perhaps he's Arnold's first great success. He was awakened by Arnolds death and that grief and now wants to do the same for Bernard.

#496 7 years ago

I think this was ALL planned. They're ALL robots and it may be 100,000 years in the future!

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think this was ALL planned. They're ALL robots and it may be 100,000 years in the future!

Or maybe WE are the robots. This has all happened before.

#498 7 years ago

They are all in the Matrix!

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

It reminds me of Lost. Entertaining, but hard to follow. Too many dream sequences for me. I'm still watching, but losing interest after that finale.

#500 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Too many dream sequences for me

You mean flashbacks?

There are 768 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-watch-hbos-westworld/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.