(Topic ID: 167725)

Anyone want to help my daughter raise money for her school?

By Grinder901

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).png
    image (resized).png
    image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    #1 7 years ago

I'm a father of two amazing daughters, one a six year old in first grade and one almost a year in day care. So much of what I do (work two jobs, about 70 hours a week) is for them to have a better life than the one I had which was pretty great too.

My oldest, Rebecca, is gathering pledges for a run she and her school mates are doing. She plays soccer and boy is she fast! Obviously I'm her biggest fan.

If anyone feels like helping a school to provide more supplies to its children, please fee free to donate. Hell, it doesn't have to be per lap. Even a tiny donation helps the school.

Part is me gets annoyed that even after the high taxes I pay, the money I paid before school started to help the teachers with supplies, and the supplies I have to buy for my daughter and for the ones I have bought for the teacher, the school still has to do these fund raisers. Oh well. Education is one hell of a good cause I say. I donate to so many causes, I said what the hell, maybe some pinsiders with a few extra bucks wouldn't mind helping. If not, no biggy.

If nothing else, just click the link and enjoy the cute YouTube video. They personalized each one with each child's photo.

Thanks!

https://funrun.boosterthon.com/a/s/IHQbvCtf

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#2 7 years ago

Donation sent to one of the worthiest causes I can think of. Semper Fi.

#3 7 years ago

Ooo fucking rah!

#4 7 years ago

Anyone else?

#5 7 years ago

Done. What's better than kids causes, Marine's kids causes!!!

I hope she grows up to be a total bada$$ like two of my favorite daughters of a Marine. Ann and Nancy.
    Seriously though, great cause. I hope she has a blast.

#6 7 years ago

Thanks so much buddy! I love me some Heart. My favorite song of theirs:

Also some emails from the teacher about how the class is kicking ass raising money:

#7 7 years ago

My daughter, thanks to family and friends, is kicking ass raising money for her school.

In fact, her class is LEADING the entire school is pledges. That's crazy!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-want-to-help-my-daughter-raise-money-for-her-school and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.