(Topic ID: 260739)

Anyone want to help me build a pinball machine from scratch?

By DawsonPins

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DawsonPins
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mbecker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago

Is this a 1-level game, em or early ss you’re talking about building? Even doing that I think you’re above 2k at the end of the day. time-wise — usually not just a summer project, at least including art and coding. That said, A simpler game certainly cuts time and money though

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from DawsonPins:

I'm doing it to tinker, and being open the possibility that, with desire, ideas, investment, and time, I could find a way to mass produce and start a business out of it. But I mainly just wanna do this for fun.

I would do this JUST for fun and drop any notion of mass production. Trying to mass produce would make it pretty not fun and also is near impossible Unless you’re a Multi-millionaire Or have a really rich uncle. You’re familiar with predator, cosmic carnival, alien, and magic girl sagas right?

Please don’t gofund a hobby project.

Rest of the plan sounds good, have fun and get ready for this to cost 3x what you expected and take 2+ years to complete it’s a solid project. I’d say from my experience that going simpler may be smarter. Trying to make something really complicated is tough.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from SickNate:

Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves
    Pimpin’ ain’t easy.
    I say go for it. Sometimes it’s fun to reinvent the wheel.
    If you plan to sell my advice is do an OG concept/theme.
    Those who say “it can’t be done” should get out of the way of people doing it.

SickNate you’re crushing it so far With yours but words of caution to people looking to possibly sell machines to others is to be advised. Just words of caution, thats all. Honestly it’s easy to say ‘hey i can do that’— but pinball actually ain’t that easy at the end of the day, and evidence and history backs that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mbecker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-want-to-help-me-build-a-pinball-machine-from-scratch?tu=Mbecker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.