(Topic ID: 16410)

Anyone want to exchange my dead system 1 boards for good ones?

By dbeeson

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by dbeeson
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 11 years ago

Is the power supply, driver PCB, sound PCB, displays, good?
    How is the play field, flippers, slings, pops, kickouts, etc?
    You stated you re-pinned the corroded terminals in the connectors, etc.

If everything is good, you could continue looking for a good stock Gottlieb CPU that works properly, order a Pascal CPU only, or a All in One.

I have a bunch of System 1 CPUs and 1 works OK another is Flaky and several are on the far back burner to TS and repair. It's the old time versus money deal. Also when there is significant corrosion issues repairing the CPU PCB is made that much more difficult, getting components out , kludging runs with wire wrap 30 AWG. Retinning pads and the connector fingers, etc.

There is also the Ni-Wumpg CPU . you may find a used one for sale.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Welcome to system 1/80s. I believe I turned this same machine down when it was offered to me about 2-3 months ago.

I would sell it as is if you aren't going to keep it, because any option will equal money or lots of time.

Well, yes System 1 and 80's can be a pain but once up and running and fixed correctly they run fine.
    I have several system 1's and sold several more. Once I get a keeper I always update with a Pascal CPU or all in one. If you have no interest in the game do as atomic says and just sell it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-want-to-exchange-my-dead-system-1-boards-for-good-ones?tu=pdman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.