Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Mank
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you recommend using Zelle?”

• Yes 6 votes
      67%
    • No 3 votes
      33%

(9 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Does anyone use Zelle pay? I’ve never used it and don’t know much about the service. I’ve got a potential game purchase from a seller that will only accept Zelle and not PayPal. He’s about 3 hours away and I’m just uncertain with this new service. Any advice, opinions etc are greatly appreciated

#2 5 years ago

Yes every month. It works great. Same bank hits almost immediate. $1500 limit though no big $$$

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Yes every month. It works great. $1500 limit though no big $$$

I sold a car and got paid $2000 with it. We both had the same bank so maybe that affects the limit, not sure.

#4 5 years ago

The limit has to do with the payer and his bank's relationship with him not receiver. The guy I have paying me pays rent every month.

#5 5 years ago

Great for now.

Haven’t heard of a way to get frauded yet unless buyer were to use a stolen bank account for payment.

Cheaper faster easier than a wire transfer without having to disclose info like an account number

#6 5 years ago

I used it once to sell 2 games and worked great. As always make sure you trust the person you are dealing with and don't use it for any more than you can afford to lose.

#7 5 years ago

Someone just hacked my online banking account this week and stole $500 using Zelle. Apparently Zelle is the easiest way to steal money from an account. My bank couldn’t stop the pending transaction. Not a fan.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

Someone just hacked my online banking account this week and stole $500 using Zelle. Apparently Zelle is the easiest way to steal money from an account. My bank couldn’t stop the pending transaction. Not a fan.

We’re you able to recover the stolen funds?

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I’ve never used it and don’t know much about the service.

Zelle's own web site (FAQ #3) recommends NOT using their service to pay someone you don't know. Send a $100 deposit and pay the rest when you pick up the game, but know that you could lose the $100.

#10 5 years ago

I use it monthly thru my bank. Works great with no issues

#11 5 years ago

I sold my motorcycle long distance and the dumb kid couldn’t figure out how to wire transfer, so he sent me the money via Zelle and since my bank doesn’t support Zelle it was a huge pain in the ass. What is wrong with wire transfers this Zelle, Venmo stuff is BS and has no protections I can’t understand why banks let it access accounts.

I would love to block Zelle on my accounts the same way I block ACH and use legitimate services like Posituve Pay etc.

Convince of things like Apple Cash $20 or PayPal $200 fine but thousands or more shouldn’t be too “convenient”

#12 5 years ago

I've had no problem with Zelle other than if you have multiple accounts, you need to set the correct account as default before receiving the transfer (as the seller.)

Zelle is integrated with many big financiall institutions. The risk is all on the buyer if the seller is a scammer.

It works just like a wire transfer, (but there is no fee, and you can do the transfer by logging into your bank's website.)

I've used it with pinsiders sending them money, trusting their reputation / length of pinside membership.

If you are the seller (recipient) and both parties are Zelle members, your cash is safe and cannot be backed out once it is received.

Zelle is perfectly legit, but you gotta trust the seller.

It's super easy to sign up in Zelle. And will automatically work if both party's already bank with member institutions.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

Your bank account got hacked. Blame your bank for not protecting your money.

Zelle is a service that requires you to authorize the transfer. If you didn't authorize it, then your bank failed you, not Zelle.

My bank will call me whenever they suspect fraudulent activity. Change banks.

#14 5 years ago

Be careful with it, we see issues pop up with it at work:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/22/business/zelle-banks-fraud.html

#15 5 years ago

I’m thinking I’ll be ok using it for a deposit. I’m dealing with a seller in our Facebook group, so I somewhat trust him. I’ve never dealt with him before, so that makes me a little nervous

#16 5 years ago

I've used Zelle as both a buyer and seller for my last couple of purchases with no issue, except as someone pointed out some banks have daily limits you have to work around. From my understanding, it works essentially the same as a certified check without the waiting hassles. For a seller, I was told by my bank that I am secure once I get the funds (which shows up within seconds on my app) and no worries on waiting for a check to clear or that the check was fake. As a buyer, it's just like a certified check (or wire transfer) in that the risk is on you that the seller is trustworthy since you don't have much recourse beyond police/fraud reports if they rip you off. I prefer it to PayPal since there is no fees to do it, no hold on your money when you get it, and someone can't do a charge back months later on a whim.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

You need a new bank....

#18 5 years ago

So last night at dinner I was talking to my college age daughter and Venmo came up, which she uses all the time.
    I asked her if she ever used Zelle?
    She said, "Dad, I'm not 85 years old."

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-use-zelle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.