866C6A0F-A58F-4207-ADF6-5945789F68C0 (resized).jpeg
5097896aae2ca.jpeg (resized).jpg
720-1165190_1f.jpg
ranger-boss2-empty.jpg
PD_6500i_grey_88bad81bda9902f712e249a8448d7a59.jpg
ingot 2 (resized).jpg
62040138_10210722315372254_2723624107412291584_o[1] (resized).jpg
Gold Bug 2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

Used to do it quite a bit in my early teens and still have one. I just don't go out much. Started out with a Compass Magnum 320. Had a Garrett ADS 7. Owned a Whites Spectrum for awhile. Currently own a Minelab Safari. The Minelab is awesome on black sand beaches.

I've found lots of old coins. Coolest find for me was an American Civil War cannon ball.

Costco always has the best deal on a decent Bounty Hunter when they have it. The $200+ model is ~$100 at Costco when they are trying to get rid of them. If you want high end, lots of old guys buy an expensive one and get disillusioned with it quickly. There are all kinds of deals on CL and Marketplace.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

We wound up finding a total of 25 pieces. we were getting tailed every time we left town, Relatives wanting some of them Dad finally sold 24 of them to the Flavel museum in Klamath Falls, OR. one was given to Whites Electronics because they gave us all brand new detectors It was written up in Treasure World and True Treasure mags among with the newsletter that Whites put out

Better to just keep those finds to yourself.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Yeah I find mostly trash. But I’ll keep looking!

I haven't really kept up on the latest tech, but most gold jewelry registers just like trash metal. If you don't dig up the trash, you probably aren't going to find the gold.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I havent in a long time. But I used to date the Daughter of Kellyco, does that count?

I bought my Garrett from them. Me and a friend went down there. He bought a Technetics detector. That was an expensive, plastic POS. He would get so mad when I'd find stuff and he wouldn't.

1 year later
#62 2 years ago

I always say I should hit the beach after a big storm.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

THANKS for that video! Exactly what I wanted to see. Dadblasted that guy hit the mother lode.
You can see the edges carved off for Barter long ago.
You know if these folks found 10 gold coins in the surf theres a Galleon out aways that had 2000 plus onboard.
Any idea where this was?

I think it was just south of Canaveral, but he isn’t saying….

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

That would make sense. Again Man, I appreciate it. Hearing that Guys excitement is inspiring.
Now I want some Spanish gold, even if I have to buy it.

In the video there is a bit of land sticking out from the shore with some sort of structure showing. It is grainy as hell, but looks like Canaveral to me. Not too many other options for something like that on Florida’s east coast.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Only someone with Local knowledge would be able to access that beachfront. Further South, it quickly turns into many Private waterfront Estates.
If it was Canaveral, not many people have been working it.
Makes sense.
You could approach it from boat though...

I get the impression it is public accessible beach. His partner tells him to hurry with the vid before people near them see what it is.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Killer deal! That old Coinmaster looks close to my first detector, but mine had a white rather than red meter.
The battery problem would be easy to fix, the original Owners Manual would show what voltage is necessary.

That XLT was a steal for sure. That’s the best under $500 detector. The one somebody else bought new, then quickly grew disillusioned with the hobby.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I will check out the current laws, I have a feeling you are wrong. Have been all up around those parts and even if people don't like it the ones threatening to have us arrested were never successful.

Florida beaches are public land. When we were in the Boston area I was surprised to see public parks on the coast that were only for the locals (parking anyway).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-use-metal-detectors-?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.