Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by blownfuse
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_002685.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Was wondering how LEDs work in these games....ghosting...flickering etc. thanks. -Tommy

#2 10 years ago

I have them in my Black Hole and Devil's Dare. Just the inserts ... Looks great. I haven't noticed any ghosting.

#3 10 years ago

have Led's fitted in the inserts of my Diamond Lady, big improvement

#4 10 years ago

Great to hear thanks.

#5 10 years ago

I had problems putting them in my system 80 with the GI. Ended up pulling them out. Although I still was able to use them in the back box.

#6 10 years ago

My Haunted House is fully LED. Green frosted GI. Even around basement window that uses the solenoid voltage, CT sells those in white and I put green condoms on them. No issues at all.

#7 10 years ago

There is no ghosting/flickering with System 1/80/80A/80B games because they don't use a light matrix like other systems do. Here's the latest of my games to get my LED treatment (sorry if you've seen this already).

Steve

#8 10 years ago

Do they need to be non-ghosting bulbs or can I just use cheaper ones?

#9 10 years ago

I believe you can use the cheaper LED's on all Gottlieb's up to System 3 without issues, I make my own LED lighting for my games and as you can see in the short video I posted, they work fine. The ghosting/flickering seems to be confined to any system that uses a light matrix to run them. I don't have any System 3 games so I don't know if they use a light matrix or not.

Steve

#11 10 years ago

Put Ablaze in my Surfin' Safari and they all ghosted. I'm waiting for non-ghosting to arrive.

#12 10 years ago

That would make sense to me, Surfin' Safari is a System 3 and I thought Gottlieb may have converted to a light matrix at that time.

Steve

Quoted from FrankJ:

Put Ablaze in my Surfin' Safari and they all ghosted. I'm waiting for non-ghosting to arrive.

#13 10 years ago

LEDs are great for the inserts in these older games, really makes them pop. Same goes with the backbox in areas you want to highlight. I use #47s for the GI to maintain the original look.

#14 10 years ago

Steve is right on the 80, 80A, and 80B's... I have had No ghosting issues with those systems.. i only have 1 SYS3, and havent tried that one yet..

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

I believe you can use the cheaper LED's on all Gottlieb's up to System 3 without issues, I make my own LED's for my games and as you can see in the short video I posted, they work fine. The ghosting/flickering seems to be confined to any system that uses a light matrix to run them. I don't have any System 3 games so I don't know if they use a light matrix or not.
    Steve

How does one make their own LEDs? Do share.....

#16 10 years ago

LOL. Oye! After reading what I wrote, I corrected the post I made in haste.

Steve

Quoted from pinster68:

How does one make their own LEDs? Do share.....

WP_002685.jpgWP_002685.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-use-leds-in-gottlieb-system-80a and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.