(Topic ID: 90472)

Anyone use Cointaker's "Retro" LEDs in an EM?

By bklossner

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by SYS6
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140512_182353.jpg
    1798636_873201822706624_1745319347685059585_n.jpg
    photo-3.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    IMG_7852.JPG
    IMG_7851.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 9 years ago

i have found that the warm white ones work pretty good under white and yellow inserts... on dark red inserts, they work "ok", on light red, the completely wash out the color...

i have a few various colors on order to try...

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from WOLF:

I put the warm ones behind the BG to help cut heat and under inserts. It seems they fit a little snugger and help with some of those old wiggly sockets. I used the red ones under the special inserts and imo it makes them look better. I still can't put them on the PF though, it takes from the character of the game.

i did try them under plastics, and swmbo simply said, "no"...

they certainly brighten things up under plastics though... but it's too bright...

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Used them on occasional inserts - I put a full set of retros in my Bank Shot but decided they were too much.
    Ended up with just a yellow one in the number 1 insert as it is a key shot.
    This is what it looked like for a few days!

IMG_7851.JPG 182 KB

IMG_7852.JPG 191 KB

y'know... i like that... a lot... i would have left it that way...

if the original designer had led's like that available to him, he would have wanted to use them*... it would have made sense from a "look at me! put money in me!" standpoint, they are bright and vivid, and they draw the eye... after all, they didn't make the lighting drab on purpose, they were making do with what they had...

* sadly, the accounting department would have nixed the expense on the bom...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-use-cointakers-retro-leds-in-an-em?tu=ccotenj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.