12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by badbilly27
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Anyone use Casters vs Feet for Pin Legs? I know they make good heavy duty ones that lock up and technically "should" be as stable as leveler feet... I could see this being advantageous for a home collection with routine maintenance or whatnot...

(translation: I put scratch marks sliding out one of my machines on the new hardwood and my Bride is furious!) any reason casters would be a "Bad" idea?

#2 12 years ago

My concerns would be stable, and level

#3 12 years ago

3M felt-type stickies...problem solved. Wheels will still damage your floor

#4 12 years ago

#5 12 years ago

Something similar to this works, with felt underneath. But then the games slide way to easily.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2110&parent=7&is_print_version=true

They also make round rubber ones too....try those maybe...

The best thing is to have them on carpet

#6 12 years ago

I use rubber castors from pinballlife and they are good. It's like the machine is glued to the (hardwood) floor.

I used thick felt-covered foam furniture castors before that, and the machine was all over the place.

If you need to move the machine to work on it, consider the Pinball Skates that Marco sells. They should be compatible with the rubber castors.

#7 12 years ago

I use the rubber ones too, but they are then stuck to the floor, of you are a budget, you will need some felt too

#8 12 years ago

i use rubber ones too, i like the fact that the machine can not move.

plus my basement is concrete so it's perfect.

#9 12 years ago

Screw those things. Get carpet sliders and pop them underneath the levelers. Works great for carpet, wood, and tile floors. I can move my pins all around on my own with these things. These are the ones: http://www.amazon.com/Waxman-Reusable-Sliders-Furniture-Oatmeal/dp/B001W6Q4W4/ref=sr_1_3

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Screw those things. Get carpet sliders and pop them underneath the levelers.

+1 on all my pins. I'm agreeing with you too much markmon.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-use-casters-vs-feet-for-pin-legs?hl=indigestion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.