• Latest reply 6 years ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hercules-Pinball-pinball-8914243-640-480 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Just picked up a GB premium and I was thinking about putting carrot flippers to reduce the frustrating center drains. My girl loves the theme, trying to make it more enjoyable for her. Thoughts?

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Just picked up a GB premium and I was thinking about putting carrot flippers to reduce the frustrations drains. My girl loves the theme, trying to make it more enjoyable for her. Thoughts?

http://www.adpin.de/english/

adjustable flippers.
but expensive.

#3 7 years ago

Dr Dude flippers work great. There only a touch longer then original flippers and the gap is still wider then pretty much all modern pinball machines.

#4 7 years ago

The GB Premium at the VFW Pinball Museum is equipped with white carrot flippers. All of the museum staff like them as far as I know (me included) and I haven't heard any negative comments from visitors. It shoots all shots well and it restores a more normal flipper gap to the machine. If you do this, a center post is not required IMO.

#5 7 years ago

Just my two cents but I don't think GB needs them. Game is a blast without them and I think they would make the experience worse with extra flipper length. Plus, they're ugly

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

The GB Premium at the VFW Pinball Museum is equipped with white carrot flippers. All of the museum staff like them as far as I know (me included) and I haven't heard any negative comments from visitors. It shoots all shots well and it restores a more normal flipper gap to the machine. If you do this, a center post is not required IMO.

but I'd still leave the rubber bands across the outlanes and the ball save at 2 minutes.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

but I'd still leave the rubber bands across the outlanes and the ball save at 2 minutes.

Whatever. He asked, I answered.

#8 7 years ago

I bought them , but never installed them.
For me the game is fine as is .

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Whatever. He asked, I answered.

Do whatever you want with flippers, but the center post brought that response.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Do whatever you want with flippers, but the center post brought that response.

I only mentioned that because quite a few people on Pinside were buying a plastic protector kit that hung a center post upside down between the flippers.

#11 7 years ago

I've played a GB with carrot flippers and I thought it was horrible. The game and all the angles are designed around the regular flippers. Having the extra length put all of the shots on the game way, way out of whack to the point where the left ramp was almost unmakeable.

In my opinion, it totally ruins the geometry of the game, and you don't drain any less often. Most the drains are outlane anyway, once you start to focus on control and choosing shots well.

#12 7 years ago

I use them really like not having to hit tilt my machine as much, nut sure how they change shot geometry if at same angle

#13 7 years ago

Carrot flippers look ugly. Once you get used to playing GB, the flipper gap is a non issue.

Rob

#14 7 years ago

No, I left the standard ones on bro. Changing flippers is cheating!
My girl who loves this game and hasn't even touched My Metallica since GB arrived still enjoys it and makes her work harder. In fact she scored 1B before me lol. If it were me, I'd play it as is for a bit. If after a bit you still hate it, switch them out

#15 7 years ago

If you're not going to do a center post, i'd absolutely try the carrot flippers. They made enough of a difference to take a little bit of the frustration out of the game. All of the shots are can be made just as easy and the extra length gives just a bit more breathing room in my opinion, just make sure you align them like the stock ones and all will be good.

#16 7 years ago

Don't do it. Just get the pbl kit with post. You can even remove post if you find it too easy.

#17 7 years ago

Thanks all! The feedback for and against is greatly appreciated! The game came with the center post kit, so I will install that first before I make my final decision. I honestly think the center post kit looks fugly so that is why I asked about the carrot flippers.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Thanks all! The feedback for and against is greatly appreciated! The game came with the center post kit, so I will install that first before I make my final decision. I honestly think the center post kit looks fugly so that is why I asked about the carrot flippers.

This is exactly why I got rid of mine. Its like having braces on beautiful teeth, plastic bolted down all over. The modders have doen a great job making all of these plastic pieces look good on the game, buts its just too much. The carrot flippers only take 5-10 minutes to install and cost about $15.00 or so. Well worth a try when and if you get tired of the extra plastics.

#19 7 years ago

I left mine factory and we love it

#20 7 years ago

I installed these on mine.

Hercules-Pinball-pinball-8914243-640-480 (resized).jpgHercules-Pinball-pinball-8914243-640-480 (resized).jpg

10 months later
#21 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Just my two cents but I don't think GB needs them. Game is a blast without them and I think they would make the experience worse with extra flipper length. Plus, they're ugly

Completely agree. Never understood tweaking things to make a game easier..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-use-carrot-flippers-on-their-gb?hl=flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.