Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

My STTNG has a dot complaining about the left return lane switch. Turns out it's an under the playfield switch. No experience with these but it isn't registering. The LED for the little board is lit. On the right return lane (the one that works) the LED is not lit.

Is there ways to trouble shoot it... or do I just need new parts.

Thanks.

#2 11 years ago

I'll be watching this thread. i got the same problem and i'm not even sure which part number to order. the manual isn't clear about that. Sorry that i can't be of any help

#3 11 years ago

The LED shouldn't be lit.

If it's an adjustable board then turn the potentiometer until the LED is on and then back off just until it goes out.

If it's a board that can't be adjusted, then try reseating the connectors to it and off, if that doesn't help then your board needs some work.

Any eddy sensor can be tested is switch edge test by rolling a ball over it.

LTG

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The LED shouldn't be lit.
If it's an adjustable board then turn the potentiometer until the LED is on and then back off just until it goes out.
If it's a board that can't be adjusted, then try reseating the connectors to it and off, if that doesn't help then your board needs some work.
Any eddy sensor can be tested is switch edge test by rolling a ball over it.
LTG

Hah, WOW! That was easy. Just turned the pot til it turned off... rolled a ball over and all is good.

Thanks very much!

Glad I asked instead of going with my usual "Something doesn't work. QUICK, ORDER PARTS!"

#5 11 years ago

On eddy boards,

Look for a tiny plastic screw looking thing. The size of a tiny eyeglass screwdriver. Turn the sensor counter clockwise until the light goes off. Then turn it clockwise until it goes back on. Then back to counter clockwise a hair until it goes off. The second the light goes off you should be good.

As stated if it has no adjustment reseat the connectors and roll a ball over it but
Most have adjustments.

#6 11 years ago

My right side inlane did not work well when I first got it. If you follow the small under PF proximity board down to a molex connector that goes into the PF and is covered with a plastic sheath. Attached to the other side of the connector is a resistor. I found mine was sloppy and loose in the connector. Causing intermittent sensing. You could replace this connector and or resistor. My board didn't have any issue it was only the connection of the resistor that the ball rolls over.

#7 11 years ago

Pinbits sells auto adjusting eddy sensors but they are always out of stock

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 85.00
$ 15.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-understand-eddy-sensor-switches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.