(Topic ID: 71865)

Anyone try alternate display colors in Paragon?

By NJGecko

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Paragon Colours.jpg
#1 10 years ago

So I've got one or two Paragon displays out. Potentially more. So it seems silly to try to get used ones, I may as well get some new ones. But I may as well just get a full set.

Just toying around with the ideas of other colors. I know there is orange and red, but trying to picture other colors.

Anyone done it? Pictures?

1 week later
#2 10 years ago

I haven't done it but I plan on trying green in the paragon i'm going to restore. If you decide to try out different colors post pics I would love to see how it comes out.

#3 10 years ago

The only issue with all new LED displays in a classic bally is it really taxes the 5v regulator. The different bally driver board revisions had a few different regulators with the earlier ones being weaker than later (1.5amp vs 3amp). If you have low 5v after new displays, replace the 5v regulator with a 3amp lm323

#4 10 years ago

So I'm just curious, did anyone actually try this out or find good pictures?

#5 10 years ago

I think orange suits it best, but perhaps the bluish green you see on pins from this era.
If only there was an artist who could/would hand draw artwork for The Hobbit in this sort of style.

Paragon Colours.jpgParagon Colours.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-try-alternate-display-colors-in-paragon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.