(Topic ID: 233153)

Anyone tried new rottendog system 9-11 board?

By topkat

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by JA031888
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A6AA0E54-C721-4F2C-94B8-039E52C5E212 (resized).jpeg
1B2EBA2F-4501-433B-83B3-D311666C3FF1 (resized).jpeg
CB75BC85-1CDA-4698-986E-12593614BCF7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4661 2 (resized).jpg
A406D0C4-F25D-4790-8097-18CA6EB3DB18 (resized).jpeg
30FCBE37-F5BF-4222-9775-78F45BB83E5F (resized).jpeg
8022F4F5-CF7B-49E3-AD95-911DC820763D (resized).jpeg
43E7AB93-C68B-4F21-A593-E436D7FCE7D4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnyfalcon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from NovaNut66:

O K ... just installed the New replacement rottendog board today with the roms from my old board .... Game is up and running great !!! this is just a follow up to my post #38... there is a buzz as JodyG spoke about .. but nothing big . At least the game is finally up and running .!!

I’d be keen to hear any further appraisals on the board. I’ve got a Taxi which needs MPU board repairs or replacement.

2 weeks later
#50 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Send it to Ken (Skybeaux) up Newcastle way and he will sort it for you.
rd

Thanks Dave!

Ken was good enough to talk me through my issue, but given it had been repaired in a particular unfavourable manner I’ve decided to take it back to the original repairman. No work back yet on the issue or progress.

While I’ve got you Dave I have a working Whirlwind which really needs a complete resto. I have a minty mint Taxi which really was an effort to complete. Do you think Whirlwind is worth the effort or maybe look to another sys 11? Of course finding another sys 11 is always the challenge.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Understatement of the year

Haha!! I’ve had it at a mates since I bought it so yet to really play it. I have however been eyeing off resto parts... playfield/ramps/plastics etc and already looking at $2000+ without looking too deep into it. The cab needs a full resto also which will add up. I like having my machines in absolute A1 condition, so if I keep it, it’ll need a full restoration

I have a restored Funhouse and Taxi, a mint Shadow and a new MBLE coming, so it was probably more a question to me, of whether it’d suit my collection. 2x Lawlors or maybe track down a Steve Ritchie possibly.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Most regard Whirlwind as one of the best Sys11s.
Hard to say “is it worth it” without knowing
A/ what it cost
B/ what it needs
C/ what it’s worth when it’s finished
My rule of thumb is never spend more on anything than what you can sell it for.
So do the sums above and make your call.
rd

Thanks Dave. WW doesn’t come up too often in Oz, so I jumped on one when it came up at a good price. It probably needs a full resto including playfield. I haven’t seen a resto’d one come up so unsure of value, but to the right buyer, $6500 ish for a mint resto... cost of resto including machine will probably be in the same ballpark. The question probably is, is a mint WW worth $6500... and most likely that’s for me to answer :-O

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnyfalcon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-tried-new-rottendog-system-9-11-board?tu=flynnyfalcon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.