(Topic ID: 161933)

Anyone think parts shipping prices are a joke?

By balboarules

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    0010-micky (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    McD_6_Mile_and_Greenfield_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    carbon-footprint_med_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    peter-noone-and-hermans-hermits-lady-barbara-columbia-3_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    low_(resized).jpeg
    7118856_orig_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizard_mode.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#200 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Even if the parts cost a dime, Marco has to order many thousands of them at a time. It costs money to have have capital tied up in a bin of small plastic parts that takes years to sell through.
    The padded envelope costs 60 cents, the label a dime.
    It costs money to inventory, heat, electricity, insure, let alone shrinkage, returns, picking errors, tracking "lost" packages......
    Then the employees make $17 a hour to pick, count, package and label your order.
    The employees have to have their unemployment taxes, health insurance, and SS taxes. Plus an accounting firm to handle payroll.
    -
    It costs a fortune to keep a small business afloat. That is why 97% of them go under in the first 5 years.
    We'd all like shipping to be free, but I understand how an envelope of a few plastic parts costs $7 to ship.

That's all fine and well and I understand these to be the reasons that Marco parts cost more. But, it is still shameful and ridiculous to charge $7 to ship a 1.5oz envelope anywhere in the continental US. They are hiding their even higher prices for the parts they sell in their shipping price. Honestly, I have not seen a part they sell that I couldn't get somewhere else while paying a lower piece price and an honest shipping rate.

#205 7 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

If that's the case you should never need to order from them and never have to pay their shipping rates at all.

true dat! noone does. thank goodness!

2 months later
    #257 7 years ago

Figured I would check in to this thread seeing as how I was hating on it a few weeks ago. I just received my JD topper bracket from Marco last week! Does this make me a hypocrite?

#258 7 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Are we dragging poor Noone into this now?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#260 7 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

That's the Noone Police to you, sir.

(Officer Dolenz, pictured)

lol

2 years later
    #274 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

It may seem like a lot, but just for a bit of reference here, anytime you ship something that is not bendable/flexible in a padded envelope the shipping starts at $3.00+...even if it is only 1oz. That $3.50 they charged was most likely the actual shipping cost, potentially even not enough to cover actual charges.

I just shipped a circuit board in a rolled up envelope that weighed 6 oz and measured 4" x 2" x 8" first class for $2.92

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    2 weeks later
    #280 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

If it is flexible you can ship it like that for a little cheaper than what I said. If it is a rigid padded envelope or a package, then you didn't pay enough according to the USPS. Here is me trying to ship something 6 oz (rigid envelope or package) from my house to...my house. It's $3.75 for 6oz. If I lower that to 1oz, the price drops to $3.50.
    [quoted image]

I priced it as rigid package...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizard_mode.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-think-parts-shipping-prices-are-a-joke?tu=wizard_mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.