(Topic ID: 161933)

Anyone think parts shipping prices are a joke?

By balboarules

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    0010-micky (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    McD_6_Mile_and_Greenfield_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    carbon-footprint_med_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    peter-noone-and-hermans-hermits-lady-barbara-columbia-3_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    low_(resized).jpeg
    7118856_orig_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 7 years ago

Even if the parts cost a dime, Marco has to order many thousands of them at a time. It costs money to have have capital tied up in a bin of small plastic parts that takes years to sell through.

The padded envelope costs 60 cents, the label a dime.

It costs money to inventory, heat, electricity, insure, let alone shrinkage, returns, picking errors, tracking "lost" packages......

Then the employees make $17 a hour to pick, count, package and label your order.

The employees have to have their unemployment taxes, health insurance, and SS taxes. Plus an accounting firm to handle payroll.

-

It costs a fortune to keep a small business afloat. That is why 97% of them go under in the first 5 years.

We'd all like shipping to be free, but I understand how an envelope of a few plastic parts costs $7 to ship.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

What bites my ass is USPS delivers stuff i buy for a dollar, including shipping, from China, yet i can't send a padded envelope 100 miles for less than $2.54 or whatever it is.

Lot's of countries are like that.

I've sent huge 16x12' Turkish wool rugs back home for free because the Turkish government subsidizes the cost of international shipping.

If I were in the States, shipping that rug would be $96 because it's oversized and heavy. Think what it would cost to ship it international from the USA!

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

And you better hold your hat if minimum wage goes to $15 an hour

Even the local McDonalds pays $11 a hour to start.

$15 pretty much IS the minimum wage (unless you are a newly imported Ukrainian working at the strip bar).

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

True.
    Companies dread these tiny BS orders. This is also the type of order (less than $10) that most customer service hours are wasted on.

Exactly.

That is why some pinball companies charge $1,000 shipping on any order less than $25.

Keeps the nuisance orders to a minimum.

#54 7 years ago

I want my rooftop drone delivery now!

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

$3.95 at the Whitmore Lake Mi. Mickey D's (by the VFW) a week ago.
    An internet source that is incorrect; who knew.....

Yeah, but how much to ship it ?

#84 7 years ago

I remember being excited when the first Automat opened in our city.

18CITYROOM-automat-ss-slide-UUMT-jumbo_(resized).jpg18CITYROOM-automat-ss-slide-UUMT-jumbo_(resized).jpg

#210 7 years ago
    Quoted from wizard_mode:

That's all fine and well and I understand these to be the reasons that Marco parts cost more. But, it is still shameful and ridiculous to charge $7 to ship a 1.5oz envelope anywhere in the continental US. They are hiding their even higher prices for the parts they sell in their shipping price. Honestly, I have not seen a part they sell that I couldn't get somewhere else while paying a lower piece price and an honest shipping rate.

I love buying playfields from Marco with their $9.99 shipping.

Can't beat that anywhere.

#211 7 years ago
    Quoted from NiftyLED:

Who will volunteer to be a mule between Canada/USA to smuggle pinball parts without duties? anyone?

As long as they can comfortably fit up my ass, I might be game.

#230 7 years ago

I think what companies are saying is that domestic parcels are picked up daily right at your home or business.

International parcels have to be taken to the PO, customs papers have to be filled out, and no matter which customs form you fill out ahead of time, when you get to the PO, the woman will tell you it's the incorrect form (or you can't use clear packing tape for that country, or you need a "commercial goods code" or.........)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-think-parts-shipping-prices-are-a-joke?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.