(Topic ID: 161933)

Anyone think parts shipping prices are a joke?

By balboarules

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    0010-micky (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    McD_6_Mile_and_Greenfield_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    carbon-footprint_med_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    peter-noone-and-hermans-hermits-lady-barbara-columbia-3_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    low_(resized).jpeg
    7118856_orig_(resized).jpg
    There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 7 years ago

A guy walks into a shipping store. He tells the man behind the counter "I want to ship these pin ball parts across the country.'
    The man behind the counter weighs the package and says "That'll be $9.95, and why is there a duck on your head?".

#252 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

«««««NEWS FLASH»»»»»
    The McDonald's at McNichols & Greenfield in Detroit has $1.00 Big Mac's every day from midnight to 4:00 am.
    Keep in mind this is a "urban" location. I advise anyone going there at that hour to pack heat.

Photo snapped there the other day....

McD_6_Mile_and_Greenfield_(resized).jpgMcD_6_Mile_and_Greenfield_(resized).jpg

#253 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Photo snapped there the other day....

I see you didn't get out of the car to take the photo ...

rd

#254 7 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I see you didn't get out of the car to take the photo ...
    rd

NFW. I'm going through there daily (when I'm not flying somewhere) due to a major freeway construction closure. I see cops pulling cars over daily. As the cop approaches the car they pulled over. Their hands are always on their heater and it is slightly out of the holster.

#255 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

NFW. I'm going through there daily (when I'm not flying somewhere) due to a major freeway construction closure. I see cops pulling cars over daily. As the cop approaches the car they pulled over. Their hands are always on their heater and it is slightly out of the holster.

That sounds like a swell place. Cheap real estate though!

rd

#256 7 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Be glad you live in the USA
    try living outside America and see shipping prices quadruple (or more)

I know that feeling, often flat rate of $50 for 500 g package. Unfun.

1 month later
    #257 7 years ago

Figured I would check in to this thread seeing as how I was hating on it a few weeks ago. I just received my JD topper bracket from Marco last week! Does this make me a hypocrite?

#258 7 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Are we dragging poor Noone into this now?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#259 7 years ago

That's the Noone Police to you, sir.

0010-micky (resized).jpg0010-micky (resized).jpg

(Officer Dolenz, pictured)

#260 7 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

That's the Noone Police to you, sir.

(Officer Dolenz, pictured)

lol

3 months later
    #261 7 years ago

Placed a order for these and in the check out process never was a shipping charge listed. Then I received a email receipt with a shipping charger of $30 to CA. Crazy and to me deceitful that this is not disclosed pryor to purchase. If this was disclosed pryor I wouldn't bitch to much but the fact that you don't know to after completing the purchase and receiving a email receipt is bad business to me. Heck my Run DMD didn't cost this much to ship to me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pirates-of-the-caribbean-plastic-set-new#post-3470186

#262 7 years ago

$31.00 to ship several pieces of playfield plastics is a joke for sure. That was what it was going to be at Shay.

#263 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Placed a order for these and in the check out process never was a shipping charge listed. Then I received a email receipt with a shipping charger of $30 to CA. Crazy and to me deceitful that this is not disclosed pryor to purchase. If this was disclosed pryor I wouldn't bitch to much but the fact that you don't know to after completing the purchase and receiving a email receipt is bad business to me. Heck my Run DMD didn't cost this much to ship to me.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pirates-of-the-caribbean-plastic-set-new#post-3470186

I just took a look at that website and put a couple of items in a cart to check it out. You are right, that is a cheesy way to do business. I don't recall ever buying anything without seeing ship costs first. But this brings it front and center and I will never, ever, buy anything without checking ship prices always----and before giving out crucial billing information.

Thanks for posting this early warning "public service" for the rest of us.

Sorry you got dinged.

#264 7 years ago
    Quoted from weavo24:

$31.00 to ship several pieces of playfield plastics is a joke for sure. That was what it was going to be at Shay.

otoh I have great praise for shay.. I emailed them today about a proposed third party shipping arrangment and got a prompt answer that they were very willing to work with me on the shipping even though it meant they had to go out of their way..

Sometimes a bit of communication goes a long way before hanging a vendor becuase you dont agree with the default on their site.

#265 7 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I just took a look at that website and put a couple of items in a cart to check it out. You are right, that is a cheesy way to do business. I don't recall ever buying anything without seeing ship costs first. But this brings it front and center and I will never, ever, buy anything without checking ship prices always----and before giving out crucial billing information.
    Thanks for posting this early warning "public service" for the rest of us.
    Sorry you got dinged.

Yeah it sure seems shady and I have emailed twice with no response. I did call the day I placed the order and cancelled it and they said they would but the phone was really crappy with static...hope they are in the country. I will be keeping tabs on my account though.

1 year later
    #266 5 years ago

I know this is an old thread, But check out the postage on this transistor, Really!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENERIC-T2N5875-Brand-New-Current-Factory-Packaging/392019353447?hash=item5b462c9f67:g:E-EAAOSw1iNa0RHh

In case you can't be bothered. The transistor is an T2N5875 for $5.85 USD and $277 USD postage to Australia.... WTF.....

#267 5 years ago

$3.50, first class mail, to ship a single drop target. from Michigan to Florida. Small padded envelope with extra bubblewrap.

#268 5 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

$3.50, first class mail, to ship a single drop target. from Michigan to Florida. Small padded envelope with extra bubblewrap.

Amazing deal when you think about it. Most people don't think about it, though.

#269 5 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

How much does the small padded envelope cost?
    What is the employee dropping off the small padded envelope at the post office being paid?
    How much fuel was used to get the package from the vendor's location to the post office?

#270 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Amazing deal when you think about it. Most people don't think about it, though.

well it was about $3 a month ago....

#271 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

How much does the small padded envelope cost?
    What is the employee dropping off the small padded envelope at the post office being paid?
    How much fuel was used to get the package from the vendor's location to the post office?

The envelope was "free" it was recycled.
    The employee, counter person, get paid even if I don't mail it.
    I drove 4 miles out of my regular route home to the post office.

#272 5 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

It may seem like a lot, but just for a bit of reference here, anytime you ship something that is not bendable/flexible in a padded envelope the shipping starts at $3.00+...even if it is only 1oz. That $3.50 they charged was most likely the actual shipping cost, potentially even not enough to cover actual charges.

#273 5 years ago

I got a powerd sub connecter from pinnovators
    Paid 35$ shipping usd to Canada
    They emailed asking if I would try a bubble envelope and save 20$.
    Part was delivered safe and they refunded me 20$
    Gear company.

3 months later
    #274 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

It may seem like a lot, but just for a bit of reference here, anytime you ship something that is not bendable/flexible in a padded envelope the shipping starts at $3.00+...even if it is only 1oz. That $3.50 they charged was most likely the actual shipping cost, potentially even not enough to cover actual charges.

I just shipped a circuit board in a rolled up envelope that weighed 6 oz and measured 4" x 2" x 8" first class for $2.92

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #275 5 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

USPS is the joke... 5 billon dollar loss again last year.

I was trying to give you 25 thumbs up but Pinside wouldn’t let me. The USPS is a joke. They’re not government owned anymore so they clam, but yet they take every government day off. FYI: They’re still government owned why do you think are so screwed up? And if you want to argue that they aren’t government owned, then why can’t you carry a gun in to the post office? It’s a felony even if you have a carry conceal permit. I can carry one into a UPS store or a FedEx store and that’s not a felony. Plus my post office here loses more stuff and damages more stuff than any shipping company I have ever seen. And by the way we own a large company and we ship a lot of products. Don’t even get me started on their attitude, remind me being at the DMV. There also the same company that wanted to get Congress and the Senate to pass a bill to charge people to send an email. Wack jobs, and that doesn’t mean everybody at the United States Postal Service is a whack job just 80%. lol

#276 5 years ago

especially the guy that makes the topnotch target shields on ebay! Robbery in shipping charges!

#277 5 years ago
    Quoted from wizard_mode:

I just shipped a circuit board in a rolled up envelope that weighed 6 oz and measured 4" x 2" x 8" first class for $2.92[quoted image]

If it is flexible you can ship it like that for a little cheaper than what I said. If it is a rigid padded envelope or a package, then you didn't pay enough according to the USPS. Here is me trying to ship something 6 oz (rigid envelope or package) from my house to...my house. It's $3.75 for 6oz. If I lower that to 1oz, the price drops to $3.50.
    Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#278 5 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

I was trying to give you 25 thumbs up but Pinside wouldn’t let me. The USPS is a joke. They’re not government owned anymore so they clam, but yet they take every government day off. FYI: They’re still government owned why do you think are so screwed up? And if you want to argue that they aren’t government owned, then why can’t you carry a gun in to the post office? It’s a felony even if you have a carry conceal permit. I can carry one into a UPS store or a FedEx store and that’s not a felony. Plus my post office here loses more stuff and damages more stuff than any shipping company I have ever seen. And by the way we own a large company and we ship a lot of products. Don’t even get me started on their attitude, remind me being at the DMV. There also the same company that wanted to get Congress and the Senate to pass a bill to charge people to send an email. Wack jobs, and that doesn’t mean everybody at the United States Postal Service is a whack job just 80%. lol

I think you are a bit confused. USPS is a Federal Agency, that is not supported by tax dollars. They are self sufficient, or at least were until Congress required them to prefund pensions 75 years in advance. The reason you can't carry a gun into the post office, is because it is a federal agency, and as such, also follows the federal calendar. For full disclosure, I work as a clerk for the post office, so I guess I'm a whack job.

#279 5 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Be glad you live in the USA
    try living outside America and see shipping prices quadruple (or more)

Buying all my replacements parts from overseas and hav ing them shipped to Australia in bulk is still worth it though, even just for peace of mind.

E.G. Local dealers/parts suppliers have no idea in telling what machines you may be in the process of restoring/prepping for sale so they can't whip up a spit and polish version to undercut you.

2 weeks later
    #280 5 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

If it is flexible you can ship it like that for a little cheaper than what I said. If it is a rigid padded envelope or a package, then you didn't pay enough according to the USPS. Here is me trying to ship something 6 oz (rigid envelope or package) from my house to...my house. It's $3.75 for 6oz. If I lower that to 1oz, the price drops to $3.50.
    [quoted image]

I priced it as rigid package...

There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-think-parts-shipping-prices-are-a-joke/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.