(Topic ID: 161933)

Anyone think parts shipping prices are a joke?

By balboarules

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 280 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by wizard_mode
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    0010-micky (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    McD_6_Mile_and_Greenfield_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    carbon-footprint_med_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    peter-noone-and-hermans-hermits-lady-barbara-columbia-3_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    low_(resized).jpeg
    7118856_orig_(resized).jpg

There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

7.00 to ship this to me, almost more than the total of parts I ordered. Weighs a few ounces.

No offence but you have no idea what high shipping is. Move outside of the U.S. and order parts. That same order would probably cost me $30 us. I've turned to buying expensive used parts from salvage locally because it's insane. Not to mention the dollar conversion right now. I bought two cliffy. Probably costing me $90 cdn shipped.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

7.00 to ship this to me, almost more than the total of parts I ordered. Weighs a few ounces.

I can get you these for $7.00 shipped. Let me know ASAP. I'm about to fire my shipping dept. angry-mob-playset_(resized).jpg

#53 3 years ago

all shipping is going up. as soon as you pass that 1lb threshhold, it skyrockets. I can ship 8 oz all the way to california for like $3, as soon as it goes up to almost 2lbs it shoots up to $12. It's not going down anytime soon either, with amazon shipping so much crap for free under prime, and there being a deficit of 40,000 truck drivers to deliver everything, the demand is very high right now. MAYBE when self-driving trucks happen, or drones start delivering amazon product it'll come down a little, but don't count on it.

#54 3 years ago

I want my rooftop drone delivery now!

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Would you like fries with that?

Yes, Super-Size the order please.

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Otherwise a $12.95 happy meal for Jr. is coming our way.

I recall Arby's having coupons periodically for 5 regular Roast Beef Sandwiches for $5.00 about five years ago. Then they raised it to 5 for $5.95. This is in Michigan. California's $10.00/hr. minimum wage has had a great effect on prices there. The coupons there are five for $11.95.

A Micky D's Big Mac (sandwich only) is $4.99 in SoCal.

In-n-Out Burger is $3.70 for a Double-Double or $6.95 for a Double-Double meal. Basically, In-n-Out nebver jacked up menu prices when the Minimum Wage went up in California as they pay above minimum.

#58 3 years ago

The cost for me to ship a box about 7 pounds, 54x18x5" inches from 48380 to 89117 is: Fed-Ex 29.35 USPS 55.55

I get nothing, for handling, to properly pack the model airplane inside.

Soon you learn about Fuel surcharges and dimensional weight.

aero_40_002_(resized).JPG

aero_40_001_(resized).JPG

#59 3 years ago

$3.95 at the Whitmore Lake Mi. Mickey D's (by the VFW) a week ago.

An internet source that is incorrect; who knew.....

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

You are complaining about $7 for shipping? Are you f'n serious?
    Go pick it up yourself next time!

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from PureTO:

You are complaining about $7 for shipping? Are you f'n serious?
    Go pick it up yourself next time!

He is probably the same type of guy who proceeds to berate the company via email and phone regarding their "excessive" shipping rates.

#62 3 years ago

Must be first online purchase with his newspaper route money.

#63 3 years ago

Interesting that Big Macs are the same price (roughly) in the USA, NZ and Australia, but the minimum wages are:

USA $7 usd all up
    NZ $15.25 = $11 usd plus holiday pay, etc etc
    Aus $17.29 = $12.50 usd, plus holiday pay, etc etc

rd

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from PureTO:

Must be first online purchase with his newspaper route money.

Now that's just getting nasty .

And that sort of attack seems to be what gets threads locked, and I am enjoying this!

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Now that's just getting nasty

Well how stunned can someone be? $7 is too much for shipping?
    What's next... Grade schoolers unsure of which bathroom to use? Oh... Wait

#66 3 years ago

I buy most of my parts from PBL and Marco. I hate it when I only need a couple of things, but when you need it, you need it. Otherwise, I just try to batch things up the best I can. I understand why they do the flat rate boxes though.

I did just buy a protector directly from Cliffy though and paid $1.50 for shipping

#67 3 years ago

Like Marco , however living outside the USA we are forced to deal with IGlobal... So when Marco ships it sits in limbo for 4-6 days before its shipped through IGlobal, they usually give you a tracking number the day the package arrives and charge you for the privilege!
    $7.00 for shipping I wouldn't complain!

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Nope, they will not.
    $15 an hour minimum will result in a loss of jobs available. McDonalds, fast food, car washes, stocking shelves jobs are entry level positions and are not meant to be "earning a living" jobs. We(The U.S.) can keep creating all these jobs, but it doesn't create the ability to earn a living. Instead of more Taco Bells, WalMarts, and welcome to Meijer jobs, we need to figure out how to bring manufacturing, fabrication, industrial, and technology jobs back to this country. Then, and only then will we bring back the ability to earn a living.
    Just because someone can push a picture of a hamburger and can only make change because that's what the computer says does not mean they deserve a wage that constitutes earning a living.

oh twaffle
    minimum wage here in Australia is about $18 per hour
    civilization has not collapsed

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

By the time I get a box and packing material and get it taped up and addressed and then take it down to the post office and stand in a line 20 people deep (that can't decide on what postage stamps to buy) and finally get the $5 part out of my hair...its just more trouble then its worth.

This, so many times this. If you're ordering just over $7 in parts then understand it's still the same amount of work to deal with your order. If you want to save on shipping then order bigger orders. It's like any market, buying in bulk saves you costs, and you make the profit breaking down bigger stashes into smaller transactions. You're buying a dimebag here, it's not a value buy.

I save up my orders if they're not important, and if I really only need one part and I want it badly enough I just pay the shipping, knowing I'm gonna get soaked on it.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

$3.95 at the Whitmore Lake Mi. Mickey D's (by the VFW) a week ago.
    An internet source that is incorrect; who knew.....

Yeah, but how much to ship it ?

#71 3 years ago

I don't buy many things on eBay because of the high price of postage from the US. Like China is free.

#72 3 years ago

The secret to "fair shipping", is buy enough items to make it worth to ship from any dealer.
    If you are playing flat rate shipping for a single rubber ring kit, someone is doing something wrong.
    Many times larger items shipping can be negotiable, if you know the dealer, like rails, back glasses, and playfield glass.
    Better yet, if feasible, buy local and pick up.

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

A Micky D's Big Mac (sandwich only) is $4.99 in SoCal.

$3.99, or two for $5 in a promotional they're having currently. A Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese is $4.99.

#74 3 years ago

Filet o fish is $1.79 on Fridays.

#75 3 years ago

The last time I ate a Fast Food Hamburger from a National chain, my body rejected it in the Parking Lot!

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Didn't see that advertised, but here's the promotion:
    McPick_(resized).jpg

#77 3 years ago

McDonalds is so fast now that when you ask for a fresh cooked burger, they just open a drawer and walla, a burger patty mysteriously appears in their tongs. Then the slap it together.

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The last time I ate a Fast Food Hamburger from a National chain, my body rejected it in the Parking Lot!

Yeah, but what'd it cost you? And what was the guy making that bagged it up for you? Those are the key questions.

#79 3 years ago

McPick2... is that a gang sign those folks are flashing? hahaha

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Nope, they will not.
    $15 an hour minimum will result in a loss of jobs available. McDonalds, fast food, car washes, stocking shelves jobs are entry level positions and are not meant to be "earning a living" jobs. We(The U.S.) can keep creating all these jobs, but it doesn't create the ability to earn a living. Instead of more Taco Bells, WalMarts, and welcome to Meijer jobs, we need to figure out how to bring manufacturing, fabrication, industrial, and technology jobs back to this country. Then, and only then will we bring back the ability to earn a living.
    Just because someone can push a picture of a hamburger and can only make change because that's what the computer says does not mean they deserve a wage that constitutes earning a living.

Bout time we brought back the caste system, how dare these people try and feed their families

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

how dare these people try and feed their families

Most fast food restaurants already offer employees substantial discounts on food.

#82 3 years ago

So... *any* job... should give *any* person... *all* they need to make ends meet? Hmmm. Really?

This is longer than a headline. So, I doubt most folks will read it it. But here's a reasoned perspective on the minimum wage.

https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMikeRowe/posts/938382126171931:0

#83 3 years ago

Why did the guy even process the order? Is that all you wanted? He was doing you a favor and you complain about $7. It was just seven bucks! 28 quarters! Did you get what you ordered?

#84 3 years ago

I remember being excited when the first Automat opened in our city.

18CITYROOM-automat-ss-slide-UUMT-jumbo_(resized).jpg

#85 3 years ago

Some of us are making $ on shipping!

7118856_orig_(resized).jpg

#86 3 years ago

i just did a $331 order of rubbers , bulbs and levellers , shipping to Canuckistan cost $105 plus then we get to pay a $10 inspection fee and13% hst on top. When i buy a part from ebay and its $1.50 shipped from China its actually sad. That same part would cost $7 just to ship it to the next town over for me. Everyone must really be subsidizing the chinese post office.

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

$3.99, or two for $5 in a promotional they're having currently. A Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese is $4.99.

I stand corrected on the $4.99, I meant $3.99 and yes, I've seen the two for $5.00 deal.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Several locations in Santee have them for $1.59 on Fridays. I guess the operator determines some prices.

#89 3 years ago

Domestic US shipping rates have been going up slowly every year, enough that I'm putting all my products on a diet when it comes to packaging weight per item.

But holy crap has international rates gone up for just about every kind of parcel. I remember only a few years ago trading model kits with guys in the UK and being $5-$6 to ship. These days it seems I can almost never get a package anywhere outside the US for less than $23 in shipping fee's alone. This doesn't even figure in the cost of the box, bubble wrap, label, tape, etc....

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I remember being excited when the first Automat opened in our city.

I only read about them in books and I remember Uncle Joe (Edgar Buchanan) talking about the Automat on an episode of Petticoat Junction.

My first trip to New York City took place when I was 15 or 16. By then, there was only one Automat close to the Times Square area where my Dad & I stayed. We walked a few blocks to it. I was baffled by the "Horn & Hardart" signage as the pictures & drawings I had seen previously only said "Automat"

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

oh twaffle
    minimum wage here in Australia is about $18 per hour
    civilization has not collapsed

Some people have bought into the trickle down economics lie. Put more money in the workers pockets and they will spend. Let the 1% get more and they will hoard it. Which helps the economy more??

#92 3 years ago

I just paid $4.60 for a small parts order from PBR.
    I have no issues.
    or drive 10.5 hours each way
    can I buy it local? No!

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

I just paid $4.60 for a small parts order from PBR.
    I have no issues.
    or drive 10.5 hours each way
    can I buy it local? No!

I guess some people just don't realize that when a vendor handles / ships a parcel, it's generally a service and labor and materials are involved. How much time and money would it cost someone to drive for 10.5 hours? $4.60 sounds pretty good now doesn't it.

#94 3 years ago

Last time I looked at buying 1 small part from Marco the cheapest shipping option to Australia was $40, I decided to forget it and live with the damaged part and buy what I can locally.

#95 3 years ago

Nope. I wait until I need more than one part. If they have a free shipping over X deal, I wait until I need that much.

#96 3 years ago

I actually had a great joke about shipping prices, but if I post it here, this will either end up in the basement, or I'll be banned.

Again.

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

but if I post it here, this will either end up in the basement, or I'll be banned.

So, what's the holdup?

#98 3 years ago

These cheapskates should invest in carrier pigeons.

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

So, what's the holdup?

It will offend about three different nationalities...but it's pretty frickin' funny.

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. I wait until I need more than one part. If they have a free shipping over X deal, I wait until I need that much.

Who does this I need to know?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    € 279.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Playfield - Plastics
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 79.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside