(Topic ID: 350869)

Anyone still play Warcraft 3 Frozen throne?

By Medic

5 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5681 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 months ago

Lately I’ve been addicted again to playing Warcraft 3 frozen throne. I mainly do 4vs4. I used to play a lot when it came out. It’s probably the oldest game I play on a regular basis. I tend to get fixated on things and right now it’s this game. Just curious if anyone still plays this game?

#2 5 months ago

I haven’t played since launch. Not sure I was as good at wc3 vs rhe wc2/sc style aka not having hero’s. But I’ve been pondering playing again. Do you do human vs human or 4 ppl vs ai? The ppl on Battle.net seemed to cheat at least in sc so I didn’t like doing that

#3 5 months ago

I bought the re-release that blizzard did and played for about a year or two but mainly just the custom map games. Was big into it as a kid and could spend all my waking hours on it.

#4 5 months ago

Man, I do miss wc3. Such a good game and it gets overlooked. Undead all day! The kids wouldn't have moba's if it wasnt for wc3...

If I got back into gaming I would be putting more time into starcraft2 though. Total brain candy, that game is. To me it's like chess on acid.

#5 5 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I haven’t played since launch. Not sure I was as good at wc3 vs rhe wc2/sc style aka not having hero’s. But I’ve been pondering playing again. Do you do human vs human or 4 ppl vs ai? The ppl on Battle.net seemed to cheat at least in sc so I didn’t like doing that

I usually do humans 4vs4 ppl. Rifles mortars lol. I change it up once in a while but love the mk bolt hero killer. The game cost $20-50 and I get so much enjoyment out of it. Lately there has been a lot of people dropping mid game so not sure what’s that about.

#6 5 months ago
Quoted from toefur:

Man, I do miss wc3. Such a good game and it gets overlooked. Undead all day! The kids wouldn't have moba's if it wasnt for wc3...
If I got back into gaming I would be putting more time into starcraft2 though. Total brain candy, that game is. To me it's like chess on acid.

Undead is tough to beat especially 1vs1. I played a little StarCraft back in the day but found managing all the units difficult. If you ever get back to wc3 let me know

#7 5 months ago

Nope but have a box!

IMG_5681 (resized).jpegIMG_5681 (resized).jpeg
#8 5 months ago

I still watch Back 2 Warcraft on the weekends. It's on right now, Grand Final of TP League. Happy vs Kaho. Semi Finals had Lyn and Infi also. There is a group of developers that created a version of WC3 called War 3 Champions and it's very well balanced. Fun to watch the pro games with the observer modes. I loved WC3. Glad it still has content on Twitch TV

#9 5 months ago

I know this is wc3 thread but I was hoping blizzard would remake wc2. I love the ability to make air and water crafts and move around

#10 5 months ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I still watch Back 2 Warcraft on the weekends. It's on right now, Grand Final of TP League. Happy vs Kaho. Semi Finals had Lyn and Infi also. There is a group of developers that created a version of WC3 called War 3 Champions and it's very well balanced. Fun to watch the pro games with the observer modes. I loved WC3. Glad it still has content on Twitch TV

Didn’t know this existed. Watching it now thanks!

#11 5 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I know this is wc3 thread but I was hoping blizzard would remake wc2. I love the ability to make air and water crafts and move around

That was my original rts that I played. Seemed like there was an unfair advantage with orcs and blood lust against humans. Felt it was always easier to beat humans. Haven’t played it in years though. Yeah they should remake it or put better graphics on it .

#12 5 months ago
Quoted from Medic:

That was my original rts that I played. Seemed like there was an unfair advantage with orcs and blood lust against humans. Felt it was always easier to beat humans. Haven’t played it in years though. Yeah they should remake it or put better graphics on it .

After SC2 and they did the enhanced SC1 on the SC2 engine, I was hopeful!
I also super miss the old blizzard of 1 disc working on windows and mac....ugh so awesome. I think WC1 and maybe wc2, works in a browser. I should load up wc3 again to try on my macbook. It was also cool/fun to have all the mods for maps etc to play.

#13 5 months ago

FYI, This is available to purchase on battlenet now

IMG_0137 (resized).jpegIMG_0137 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#14 4 months ago

I own those on cd, but are we able to "redeem" the cd key's to add to battle net or is it buy only to get it in.

#15 4 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I own those on cd, but are we able to "redeem" the cd key's to add to battle net or is it buy only to get it in.

I did a quick search and it says after you login to your battlenet account that you can add cd keys under game & codes

#16 4 months ago

You guys are nerds!

Off to play Warcraft 2 on my ps1 lol

#17 4 months ago
Quoted from Medic:

I did a quick search and it says after you login to your battlenet account that you can add cd keys under game & codes

Back ...ugh man 7 years ago? about when sc1 hit battle net cd key add, I checked to see if i could add my d1, wc 1 and wc2 cd keys and could not. So not sure if they ever added that feature or if they want you to rebuy them because the piracy back then was easy. I can try again.

#18 4 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You guys are nerds!
Off to play Warcraft 2 on my ps1 lol

man WC2 is so good. Was thinking of getting SC for n64 but man it has to be weird playing with controllers.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.