Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 139 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by yaksplat
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“I still have candy...”

• daily 38 votes
      25%
    • weekly 71 votes
      46%
    • at least a few times a year 35 votes
      23%
    • never 11 votes
      7%

(155 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    FF9F2E35-AD5E-48AC-8F21-0008D6781C14 (resized).jpeg
    F2CEF214-38EA-46D2-A8FD-796B2A89AD25 (resized).jpeg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    97d4bd9b-c7cf-46f5-a447-579f6d375ef8_1.d0b3ba46962b6aea1556d9b0e03e8ed4 (resized).jpeg
    C40C4488-8CA2-4EAE-B596-2FCE65718427 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0184 (resized).jpg
    C535D635-B61E-4B88-826B-8043C05EDF2C (resized).jpeg
    2E7362B8-3D74-4A81-8953-32EF0EF29098 (resized).jpeg
    toffifay (resized).jpg
    pacers (resized).jpg
    candyo (resized).jpg
    Hmmmm Candy (resized).jpg
    20200219_230421 (resized).jpg
    E6D1484E-01CF-4735-8377-CA35F673337C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Since the age of 17 I have had blood sugar issues, and I manage very well, but I still have some peanut M&M's and a Zero bar and other candies here and there.

No way I can eat a Krispy Kreme donut, or have a pancake or waffle with much syrup, and that sucks.

I know what I can get away with, and that is a good thing.

Damn I miss being a kid and loading up with awesome candy on Halloween! And at that time I was fine anyway.

To this day I like to go in a candy store and just look around. Amazing how much sour candy there is now, I could never stand any of that.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

Thank you very much, but I have had control for years of what I can and can not do. Like I said, donuts and certain things I can not do, and it has taken a lifetime of learning.

I am craving candy now, but not a good time for me.

Just like I said I like going in candy stores, I think it would be cool to see what everyone likes.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

I buy in bulk after major holidays, still rocking old candy from Nov 2nd post Halloween.

I did that once also, like 20 years ago, just poured it all in a big box all mixed up, costed like 5 bucks for all that, and years later half of it was old and I had to trash.

It was always fun to look at though, and have a tad when I know I can.

#14 4 years ago

Those are awesome, I wish I could have more Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.

For whatever reason a Zero bar, or peanut M&M;s do not bother me too much, and I still do weekly, but damn I miss the peanut butter cups, Milky Ways, Baby Ruths, Butterfingers, and even Whoppers.

Back when I was a child there was a movie theater in walking distance, and sometimes I went for the buttered popcorn, but most of the time Whoppers hit the spot.

My Mom remembered how much I used to like Whoppers, and gave me a bunch years ago. Sadly I could not do them anymore, not sure if they changed or I did.

Milk Duds also, I never liked those as good as Whoppers, but I would like to try those again someday.

#107 4 years ago

When I was looking at all the comments the biggest one to hit home was Bottle Caps. Just seeing that package I remembered all those tastes that I never sense anymore.

And the Zotts? whatever that was that fizzed was also cool.

What was that one candy that was cool and went away because supposedly kids would eat it with soda and die or something? Pop rocks maybe? Whatever it was it was just cool and not really that good.

And right now some peanut M&M's and Reese's Pieces my girlfriend got me for Valentines Day are calling my name!

But no candy tonight. I only do it 1-2 times a week. I have low sugar. So I always crave sugar, but it is like a bad rollercoaster ride when I do it. And at 150 pounds it is not like I am out of shape or anything.

I end up throwing away 75% of candy I have around because it gets old before I eat it. I love to look at it and wish, and do enjoy a time or two a week, but just a pain in the ass getting back to normal after that weird ass high I get. I hate that damn candy high feeling. I love the tastes though.

This morning on the way to work I stopped at a gas station, and they had big signs that they now have Krispy Kreme donuts. Damn I miss those so much, but they kill me worse than anything. Like just one of those, and damn just tastes so awesome, I can not do it though, because I almost go into a coma or something weird, feel like complete shit, want to just lay down, but laying down makes me feel even worse because now the room starts spinning.

And because I am very active and need energy, long ago I used orange juice a lot. NEVER EVER do that. Too much orange juice will cause you to be diabetic and have to take the shots.

And weird as hell to me, but in the past diabetics have felt sorry for me, and I am so confused. Yes, I have my issues, but damn, you have to have injections all the time, screw that.

And my Dad was diabetic while I have been the opposite with low sugar. I helped save his life many times in his older years when he would go into a coma and foaming out the mouth. If you have ever seen any Faces Of Death movies, it was like that.

Anyway, sorry for all that, but maybe it could help someone live a tad longer.

Back to candy, no one has brought up one of my other favorites... vanilla Tootsie Rolls. They are packaged in blue wrappers. The orange ones are a tad ok also.

While a hell of a lot cheaper, to me having good candy laying around is like having good pinball machines also laying around. I want it, will indulge again soon, and just awesome having all that to look forward to.

Just never drink too much orange juice, water is best, and never ever add the lemon or lime crap to your water..trust me.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

And weird as hell to me, but in the past diabetics have felt sorry for me, and I am so confused. Yes, I have my issues, but damn, you have to have injections all the time, screw that.

All of a sudden I think I get what that was all about. Maybe they were looking at it like a shot or 2 a day takes care of them, and no shots for what I have for a quick fix? The fact I have to self regulate with foods and drinks, and no medicine?

I know one thing, if you have blood sugar problems high or low, and you are in a stressful relationship, get the hell out! Because all that will just make your own problems worse. Bad emotion swings will also mess up your blood sugar.

And sucks that there have been comments that ButterFingers went to hell, I was wanting one of those again someday.

I loved those candy cigs back in the day, tasted awesome, and they had it with gum also. The gum ones ok, never was much into gums.

Someone said Now Or Later..... I was big time into those for a long time around 10 years old. I think at one time they covered every flavor possible.

I never was much into chocolate much, just too rich for my tastes even when I was ok. My tastes did like that flavor Now Or Laters.

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Only one I liked was the Zero bars.

I had my weekly Zero bar while ago.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-still-eat-candy?tu=JohnnyPinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.