Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 139 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by yaksplat
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“I still have candy...”

• daily 38 votes
      25%
    • weekly 71 votes
      46%
    • at least a few times a year 35 votes
      23%
    • never 11 votes
      7%

(155 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    FF9F2E35-AD5E-48AC-8F21-0008D6781C14 (resized).jpeg
    F2CEF214-38EA-46D2-A8FD-796B2A89AD25 (resized).jpeg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    97d4bd9b-c7cf-46f5-a447-579f6d375ef8_1.d0b3ba46962b6aea1556d9b0e03e8ed4 (resized).jpeg
    C40C4488-8CA2-4EAE-B596-2FCE65718427 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0184 (resized).jpg
    C535D635-B61E-4B88-826B-8043C05EDF2C (resized).jpeg
    2E7362B8-3D74-4A81-8953-32EF0EF29098 (resized).jpeg
    toffifay (resized).jpg
    pacers (resized).jpg
    candyo (resized).jpg
    Hmmmm Candy (resized).jpg
    20200219_230421 (resized).jpg
    E6D1484E-01CF-4735-8377-CA35F673337C (resized).jpeg
    There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago

yeah I like candy!

03FF5C00-686C-4A1A-B799-CD88D6FB13F3 (resized).jpeg03FF5C00-686C-4A1A-B799-CD88D6FB13F3 (resized).jpegE6D1484E-01CF-4735-8377-CA35F673337C (resized).jpegE6D1484E-01CF-4735-8377-CA35F673337C (resized).jpeg
    #102 4 years ago

Still? I never stopped

#104 4 years ago

I like gummy bears every once in a while. I’ve got a pound in the fridge right now, marinating in Tito’s. They are best when they grow to about twice their size.

#105 4 years ago

I like 10mg gummies, does that count?

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

Well, I'm diabetic also.
    BUT, that said I also believe in occasionally supporting our local businesses here by dabbling in many of these - most are longtime household names like:
    Hershey's, Reese's, Twizzler's, M&Ms, York peppermint patties, Good & Plenty (and about 50 more, LOL), plus probably 12 different label potato chips (Martin's, Utz, Diffenbach, Snyder's of Hanover, Middleswarth, Herr's, Gibbles, Goods, etc.), Lance crackers, and on and on.
    Combine that with a lot of local old-order German style (Amish) cooking – chicken pot pies, Shoo-Fly pies, Whoopie pies, etc., and a bunch of other old-style German processed meats and cheeses. Plus our local beers like Yuengling and others.
    I'm surprised that ANY of us are still alive, LOL.

The pic is me last week, with the 69,000 new Reese's peanut butter cups made that one day on just 1 of the lines at the factory.

20200219_230421 (resized).jpg20200219_230421 (resized).jpg
    #107 4 years ago

When I was looking at all the comments the biggest one to hit home was Bottle Caps. Just seeing that package I remembered all those tastes that I never sense anymore.

And the Zotts? whatever that was that fizzed was also cool.

What was that one candy that was cool and went away because supposedly kids would eat it with soda and die or something? Pop rocks maybe? Whatever it was it was just cool and not really that good.

And right now some peanut M&M's and Reese's Pieces my girlfriend got me for Valentines Day are calling my name!

But no candy tonight. I only do it 1-2 times a week. I have low sugar. So I always crave sugar, but it is like a bad rollercoaster ride when I do it. And at 150 pounds it is not like I am out of shape or anything.

I end up throwing away 75% of candy I have around because it gets old before I eat it. I love to look at it and wish, and do enjoy a time or two a week, but just a pain in the ass getting back to normal after that weird ass high I get. I hate that damn candy high feeling. I love the tastes though.

This morning on the way to work I stopped at a gas station, and they had big signs that they now have Krispy Kreme donuts. Damn I miss those so much, but they kill me worse than anything. Like just one of those, and damn just tastes so awesome, I can not do it though, because I almost go into a coma or something weird, feel like complete shit, want to just lay down, but laying down makes me feel even worse because now the room starts spinning.

And because I am very active and need energy, long ago I used orange juice a lot. NEVER EVER do that. Too much orange juice will cause you to be diabetic and have to take the shots.

And weird as hell to me, but in the past diabetics have felt sorry for me, and I am so confused. Yes, I have my issues, but damn, you have to have injections all the time, screw that.

And my Dad was diabetic while I have been the opposite with low sugar. I helped save his life many times in his older years when he would go into a coma and foaming out the mouth. If you have ever seen any Faces Of Death movies, it was like that.

Anyway, sorry for all that, but maybe it could help someone live a tad longer.

Back to candy, no one has brought up one of my other favorites... vanilla Tootsie Rolls. They are packaged in blue wrappers. The orange ones are a tad ok also.

While a hell of a lot cheaper, to me having good candy laying around is like having good pinball machines also laying around. I want it, will indulge again soon, and just awesome having all that to look forward to.

Just never drink too much orange juice, water is best, and never ever add the lemon or lime crap to your water..trust me.

#108 4 years ago

http://www.bonomoturkishtaffy.com/

Bonomo Turkish Taffy.

The Ritz Movie theater in NE Minneapolis lost the wood arm rests on most of their seats the year this became available at the theater. Smash it to break it into pieces. Not a great idea for a theater with cast iron chair frames and wood arm rests. This would be in the early 1960's.

LTG : )

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

And weird as hell to me, but in the past diabetics have felt sorry for me, and I am so confused. Yes, I have my issues, but damn, you have to have injections all the time, screw that.

All of a sudden I think I get what that was all about. Maybe they were looking at it like a shot or 2 a day takes care of them, and no shots for what I have for a quick fix? The fact I have to self regulate with foods and drinks, and no medicine?

I know one thing, if you have blood sugar problems high or low, and you are in a stressful relationship, get the hell out! Because all that will just make your own problems worse. Bad emotion swings will also mess up your blood sugar.

And sucks that there have been comments that ButterFingers went to hell, I was wanting one of those again someday.

I loved those candy cigs back in the day, tasted awesome, and they had it with gum also. The gum ones ok, never was much into gums.

Someone said Now Or Later..... I was big time into those for a long time around 10 years old. I think at one time they covered every flavor possible.

I never was much into chocolate much, just too rich for my tastes even when I was ok. My tastes did like that flavor Now Or Laters.

#110 4 years ago

If you have a job like plowing snow where you are awake and working for 30+ hours. There used to be a 30 inch long green licorice apple flavored thing that tasted like turpentine. That crap could keep you going.

LTG : )

#111 4 years ago

When I was looking at all the comments the biggest one to hit home was Bottle Caps. Just seeing that package I remembered all those tastes that I never sense anymore.
    And the Zotts? whatever that was that fizzed was also cool.
    What was that one candy that was cool and went away because supposedly kids would eat it with soda and die or something? Pop rocks maybe? Whatever it was it was just cool and not really that good.
    And right now some peanut M&M's and Reese's Pieces my girlfriend got me for Valentines Day are calling my name!
    But no candy tonight. I only do it 1-2 times a week. I have low sugar. So I always crave sugar, but it is like a bad rollercoaster ride when I do it. And at 150 pounds it is not like I am out of shape or anything.
    I end up throwing away 75% of candy I have around because it gets old before I eat it. I love to look at it and wish, and do enjoy a time or two a week, but just a pain in the ass getting back to normal after that weird ass high I get. I hate that damn candy high feeling. I love the tastes though.
    This morning on the way to work I stopped at a gas station, and they had big signs that they now have Krispy Kreme donuts. Damn I miss those so much, but they kill me worse than anything. Like just one of those, and damn just tastes so awesome, I can not do it though, because I almost go into a coma or something weird, feel like complete shit, want to just lay down, but laying down makes me feel even worse because now the room starts spinning.
    And because I am very active and need energy, long ago I used orange juice a lot. NEVER EVER do that. Too much orange juice will cause you to be diabetic and have to take the shots.
    And my Dad was diabetic while I have been the opposite with low sugar. I helped save his life many times in his older years when he would go into a coma and foaming out the mouth. If you have ever seen any Faces Of Death movies, it was like that.
    Anyway, sorry for all that, but maybe it could help someone live a tad longer.
    Back to candy, no one has brought up one of my other favorites... vanilla Tootsie Rolls. They are packaged in blue wrappers. The orange ones are a tad ok also.
    While a hell of a lot cheaper, to me having good candy laying around is like having good pinball machines also laying around. I want it, will indulge again soon, and just awesome having all that to look forward to.
    Just never drink too much orange juice, water is best, and never ever add the lemon or lime crap to your water..trust me.

Rant level:
    MASTER

Lol, just having fun with you. I have recently had an unpleasant doctor visit, actually. It turned into a big time diet and cutting back on a lot of those foods. Your info is helpful.

#112 4 years ago

candy oh, i need you so.

candyo (resized).jpgcandyo (resized).jpg
    #113 4 years ago

many years ago, one of my friends father was an executive for mars. they always had boxes of the companys products at their house. one i rarely saw in stores was pacers spearmint chews. identical to starburst in packaging and texture, but instead of a variety of fruits, they were all the same flavor. discontinued in the 1980s.

nowadays its toffifay.

pacers (resized).jpgpacers (resized).jpg

toffifay (resized).jpgtoffifay (resized).jpg

#114 4 years ago

For many years I have carried a box full of Wint O Green Life Savers in my car. People always ask why I have them. So I respond “because the are the best flavor ever invented and it’s like having an air freshener that you can eat”. There is a longer story about the tradition of how I keep the box filled however.

#115 4 years ago

As often as I can but her name isn't Candy!

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

nowadays its toffifay.

In Canada it's branded as Toffifee, but it's probably the best damn candy out there. It seems to come out around Christmas, so come January I buy a few boxes at half price

#117 4 years ago

Barratt dip dab , sherbert dip with a tasty strawberry flavor lolly

First had dip dab forever ago visiting Ireland as a kid. Was psyched to find them again as an adult.

C535D635-B61E-4B88-826B-8043C05EDF2C (resized).jpegC535D635-B61E-4B88-826B-8043C05EDF2C (resized).jpeg2E7362B8-3D74-4A81-8953-32EF0EF29098 (resized).jpeg2E7362B8-3D74-4A81-8953-32EF0EF29098 (resized).jpeg
    #118 4 years ago

I love the tastes though.
    And my Dad was diabetic while I have been the opposite with low sugar. I helped save his life many times in his older years when he would go into a coma and foaming out the mouth.

It isn't just you that struggles with it. I try and not have it in my house, as I know I will eat it. My blood level is on the boarder of normal/pre dieabeets, and I promised myself I would not be one of these stats.

"Diabetes Statistics
    Diabetes is increasing at an alarming rate in the United States. According to the CDC’s (Centers for Disease Control) National Diabetes Statistics Report for 2017 cases of diabetes have risen to an estimated 30.3 million. Below is a summary of the latest diabetes statistics included in the CDC’s report.

30.3 million people, or 9.4% of the U.S. population, have diabetes. An estimated 23.1 million people - or 7.2% of the population - had diagnosed diabetes. Approximately 7.2 million people have diabetes but have not yet been diagnosed (All ages, 2015)."

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Still? I never stopped

What did you think "still" means?

#120 4 years ago

One of my favorites is Chewy Spree... Seems harder to find these days.

#121 4 years ago

Runts,YUM

IMG_0184 (resized).jpgIMG_0184 (resized).jpg
    #122 4 years ago

I do like a heath bar now and again.

#123 4 years ago

I still like the sugary candy (spree's, shocktarts, etc) from time to time. What blows me away today though is how much candy kids get. When I used to do Halloween in the mid 80's, you'd might get one mini snickers or a tootsie pop or something like that per house. Now people just give handfuls to every single kid who comes by, it's kind of ridiculous. Even the schools are in on it, my son's elementary offers:

breakfast before school
    second breakfast at around 9
    snack before lunch at 10:30
    then actual lunch
    and then ice cream on Friday's

And they wonder why kids get overweight, lol. The second breakfast thing is ridiculous, it's like that joke off Lord of the Rings only this is actually happening.

#124 4 years ago

Clark bars and Payday candy bars are tough to walk away from.

#125 4 years ago

I tried a white chocolate Snickers bar. White chocolate is good, but not on the Snickers...

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I tried a white chocolate

Only one I liked was the Zero bars.

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I tried a white chocolate Snickers bar. White chocolate is good, but not on the Snickers...

White chocolate is a misnomer.
    There is no chocolate in it. I believe chocolate manufacturers have lobbied to prohibit it from being labelled "white chocolate", just as the term "maple syrup" was regulated years ago.

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Runts,YUM[quoted image]

I have the same candy machine and also originally put Runts in it. I switched to Skittles however.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #129 4 years ago

Once I start on these, I can’t stop

C40C4488-8CA2-4EAE-B596-2FCE65718427 (resized).jpegC40C4488-8CA2-4EAE-B596-2FCE65718427 (resized).jpeg
    #131 4 years ago
    Quoted from rogerroger:

Anyone remember these? They were my favorite. Now I enjoy the large chewy sweettarts and sour skittles.
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0e/7c/07/0e7c073533989dde34ad5ab79401bc93.gif[quoted image]

After extensive research, I've found this is the best sour candy going these days. I also can't get enough of Fire Jolly Ranchers. Reeses peanut butter cups are some of the finest things you can eat. A large blizzard from dq with snickers, Reeses pb cups, and m&m's... heaven and instant diabetes in a cup.

97d4bd9b-c7cf-46f5-a447-579f6d375ef8_1.d0b3ba46962b6aea1556d9b0e03e8ed4 (resized).jpeg97d4bd9b-c7cf-46f5-a447-579f6d375ef8_1.d0b3ba46962b6aea1556d9b0e03e8ed4 (resized).jpeg
    #132 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Only one I liked was the Zero bars.

I had my weekly Zero bar while ago.

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from majorrager:

After extensive research, I've found this is the best sour candy going these days. I also can't get enough of Fire Jolly Ranchers. Reeses peanut butter cups are some of the finest things you can eat. A large blizzard from dq with snickers, Reeses pb cups, and m&m's... heaven and instant diabetes in a cup.[quoted image]

Those were originally shock tarts. They've renamed them 3 or 4 times now. I used to eat those until my tongue was raw.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
    #134 4 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

many years ago, one of my friends father was an executive for mars. they always had boxes of the companys products at their house. one i rarely saw in stores was pacers spearmint chews. identical to starburst in packaging and texture, but instead of a variety of fruits, they were all the same flavor. discontinued in the 1980s.
    nowadays its toffifay.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Spearmint Starburst!? Holy crap, I’d have lived off of those things.

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

candy oh, i need you so.[quoted image]

Night spots.

#136 4 years ago

Spooky Pinball is a Halloween treat that features gum balls for now and a toy for later. Each tube is filled with colorful gumballs. The reusable mini pinball game can be removed from the tube to keep kids entertained over and over.

Spooky Pinball Game & Candy treats are delivered in a 12-count display box thus assuring you enough games to become a pinball wizard!

F2CEF214-38EA-46D2-A8FD-796B2A89AD25 (resized).jpegF2CEF214-38EA-46D2-A8FD-796B2A89AD25 (resized).jpeg
    1 year later
    #137 2 years ago
    FF9F2E35-AD5E-48AC-8F21-0008D6781C14 (resized).jpegFF9F2E35-AD5E-48AC-8F21-0008D6781C14 (resized).jpeg
    #138 2 years ago

The trip to the corner gas station (Fina?) a mile away from my house with friends living off base in Ft.Bragg, NC in the mid 80's as an Army brat to get a lunch bag filled with an assortment Now N' Laters, which was like a buck. Chocked full to the top practically. Still brings back memories when I can find them.

Oh and Bonkers, which were like Starburst with fruit filling in the middle. Awesome.
    download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#139 2 years ago

Just had some Albanese Gummi bears. Absolutely fantastic as i haven't had any in about a year.

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-still-eat-candy/page/3?hl=smognote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.