Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 139 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by yaksplat
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“I still have candy...”

• daily 38 votes
      25%
    • weekly 71 votes
      46%
    • at least a few times a year 35 votes
      23%
    • never 11 votes
      7%

(155 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    FF9F2E35-AD5E-48AC-8F21-0008D6781C14 (resized).jpeg
    F2CEF214-38EA-46D2-A8FD-796B2A89AD25 (resized).jpeg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    97d4bd9b-c7cf-46f5-a447-579f6d375ef8_1.d0b3ba46962b6aea1556d9b0e03e8ed4 (resized).jpeg
    C40C4488-8CA2-4EAE-B596-2FCE65718427 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_0184 (resized).jpg
    C535D635-B61E-4B88-826B-8043C05EDF2C (resized).jpeg
    2E7362B8-3D74-4A81-8953-32EF0EF29098 (resized).jpeg
    toffifay (resized).jpg
    pacers (resized).jpg
    candyo (resized).jpg
    Hmmmm Candy (resized).jpg
    20200219_230421 (resized).jpg
    E6D1484E-01CF-4735-8377-CA35F673337C (resized).jpeg
    There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Since the age of 17 I have had blood sugar issues, and I manage very well, but I still have some peanut M&M's and a Zero bar and other candies here and there.

No way I can eat a Krispy Kreme donut, or have a pancake or waffle with much syrup, and that sucks.

I know what I can get away with, and that is a good thing.

Damn I miss being a kid and loading up with awesome candy on Halloween! And at that time I was fine anyway.

To this day I like to go in a candy store and just look around. Amazing how much sour candy there is now, I could never stand any of that.

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Since the age of 17 I have had blood sugar issues, and I manage very well, but I still have some peanut M&M's and a Zero bar and other candies here and there.
    No way I can eat a Krispy Kreme donut, or have a pancake or waffle with much syrup, and that sucks.
    I know what I can get away with, and that is a good thing.
    Damn I miss being a kid and loading up with awesome candy on Halloween! And at that time I was fine anyway.
    To this day I like to go in a candy store and just look around. Amazing how much sour candy there is now, I could never stand any of that.

Daily, or maybe every other day. Fun Size Chocolates and such. I buy in bulk after major holidays, still rocking old candy from Nov 2nd post Halloween.

I need to get in better health though, I should probably be more conscious about what I eat. Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

Thank you very much, but I have had control for years of what I can and can not do. Like I said, donuts and certain things I can not do, and it has taken a lifetime of learning.

I am craving candy now, but not a good time for me.

Just like I said I like going in candy stores, I think it would be cool to see what everyone likes.

#4 4 years ago

Daily I love sugar.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

I buy in bulk after major holidays, still rocking old candy from Nov 2nd post Halloween.

I did that once also, like 20 years ago, just poured it all in a big box all mixed up, costed like 5 bucks for all that, and years later half of it was old and I had to trash.

It was always fun to look at though, and have a tad when I know I can.

#6 4 years ago

Amazon has PEZ by the pound. Pick your favorite flavor.

#7 4 years ago

Also, wild cherry lifesavers by the carton.

#8 4 years ago

Sometimes.

15334256476156590999717964196414-950x713 (resized).jpg15334256476156590999717964196414-950x713 (resized).jpg
    #9 4 years ago

Love it. Don't bring it into the house though, because I have no self control.

#10 4 years ago

Coffee nut m&m. Frozen. Damn

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Just like I said I like going in candy stores, I think it would be cool to see what everyone likes.

I have food allergies as well as have to watch fat intake as I get sick from ingesting too much fat. (Pancreatitis). So I have a Stoner Theatre Candy Machine to have a candy bar here and there and an edible in case I'm sick from food allergies or too much fat intake.

20200218_200011 (resized).jpg20200218_200011 (resized).jpg
    #12 4 years ago

I never been much of a candy sweets guy once in a while I'll have one.

#13 4 years ago

No.

IMG_20200218_231646 (resized).jpgIMG_20200218_231646 (resized).jpg
    #14 4 years ago

Those are awesome, I wish I could have more Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.

For whatever reason a Zero bar, or peanut M&M;s do not bother me too much, and I still do weekly, but damn I miss the peanut butter cups, Milky Ways, Baby Ruths, Butterfingers, and even Whoppers.

Back when I was a child there was a movie theater in walking distance, and sometimes I went for the buttered popcorn, but most of the time Whoppers hit the spot.

My Mom remembered how much I used to like Whoppers, and gave me a bunch years ago. Sadly I could not do them anymore, not sure if they changed or I did.

Milk Duds also, I never liked those as good as Whoppers, but I would like to try those again someday.

#15 4 years ago

I occasionally like to enjoy a sugary or chocolaty treat. Obviously, too much of that stuff isn't good for you, so I try not do over-do it. It's sure hard to resist around the holidays, though.

#16 4 years ago

Chocolate is my weakness, but I've switched to 92% coco bars. Coco is actually an anti-inflammatory agent, it's the sugar and dairy that are the killers. Diabetes is now at an all time high and it's impact younger people all the time.

I don't want to be one of them.

#17 4 years ago

Yes sir ... struggling with self-control soon after installing the snack area in my Loft
    Werther's, Skittles, Peanut M&Ms, Runts
    M&M reg, Snickers bites, PB Pretzel nuggets, Trail Mix
    Fire Balls, Payday, Dum-Dums, Kit Kats

I could eat Payday bars and Peanut M&Ms for breakfast if they wouldn't eventually kill me

Story of how it's all set up is here:
    https://thepinballloft.com/2019/11/03/pinball-munchies/

IMG_7290 (resized).jpgIMG_7290 (resized).jpg
    #18 4 years ago

If you don't have a medical condition, religious objection, or happened to be a trapper in 1840.... Why would you NOT eat candy?

I can kill that 4 lb costco barrel of Jelly Belly's in 3 hours.... easy.

#19 4 years ago

Who doesn't like some candy cigarettes now and again?

candy-cigarettes-24ct-nostalgic-candy-53 (resized).jpgcandy-cigarettes-24ct-nostalgic-candy-53 (resized).jpg
    #20 4 years ago

Once I week I fast for 36 hours and the next day eat a ton of rather unhealthy food over 12 hours, candy is usually on the list! A couple candy bars and a pint of Ben and Jerry's are on this weeks menu!

Also, big fan of Milka Chocolate from Germany.

41UGi5hAqDL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg41UGi5hAqDL._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg

#21 4 years ago

I've never been big on candy. A piece here, a piece there.

Now a doughnut with sprinkles on it. That makes my whole day great. A smile on my face and a spring in my step.

LTG : )

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, big fan of Milka Chocolate from Germany.

Same here

But whatever you do, don't try Russian chocolate--it tastes like cardboard

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

But whatever you do, don't try Russian chocolate--it tastes like cardboard

Not all. Their good chocolate is up there with the best there is.

In a Russian store, insist on the best. And be prepared to pay a premium.

LTG : )

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I occasionally like to enjoy a sugary or chocolaty treat. Obviously, too much of that stuff isn't good for you, so I try not do over-do it. It's sure hard to resist around the holidays, though.

I know that's right!

I've recently lost a lot of weight, though, so there has been no candy for me.

#25 4 years ago

I can't believe no one asked, "Candy who?"

#26 4 years ago

I married my Russian wife 20 years ago. Her family keeps pushing their crappy candies on me for years. American candy is the best, no doubt.

#27 4 years ago

Like with anything, moderation.
    I mean I don't follow that way of life, smoke too much, eat too much, drugs? too much. thus I doubt I'll be blowing out 60 candles but what a ride.

#28 4 years ago

I was not a big candy eater as a kid and adult until I reached my 60's and then it was like a light came on and I started to really enjoy candy of any type. I eat more candy now than I have my entire life, has anyone else experienced this with age?

#29 4 years ago

No... never. I'd rather have a caesar salad with anchovies and coddled eggs at 5AM then some fattening donut (guess I'm calling donuts candy here... same thing to me). For real about the salad.

That said, I love a bag of nacho cheese Doritos a couple times a year. Again, I guess not the same as candy.

Some crap with chocolate on it, sugar, cookies, cakes, frosting, etc.... no - don't eat it. No sweet tooth. Makes me sick to even think about it.

#30 4 years ago

Jujyfruits for days.

#31 4 years ago

Dark chocolate is the best!

#32 4 years ago

I do love me some gummi bears. I haven't had any in over a year though. Dropped 60# by not eating carbs. I do miss them though.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

If you don't have a medical condition, religious objection, or happened to be a trapper in 1840.... Why would you NOT eat candy?

Jellybelly.com sent out a black friday or cyber monday code for 50% off one item. I chose their 10 count case of belly flops that is regularly $100 for my item. So I got 20 pounds of jelly beans for $50 with free shipping.

#34 4 years ago

Not really; most candy just grosses me out any more. I am really starting to think it is an acquired taste, like fish or vegetables. I think I tend more towards the savoury type flavours nowadays.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

If you don't have a medical condition, religious objection, or happened to be a trapper in 1840

The 1840 trapper in me is a big fan of horehounds and raw licorice root, do they count?

Quoted from Blackbeard:

Jujyfruits for days.

Ah, filling rippers. Are the green ones still mint? Haven't had those in decades. Juju Bees were even more rock hard.

#36 4 years ago

I like one or two bites of chocolate, after that it's too rich for me. I need something to counter the chocolate like the peanuts in peanut m&ms.

Sweet and sour candy I eat several times a day, every day though.

#37 4 years ago
    2020-02-19_8-05-41 (resized).png2020-02-19_8-05-41 (resized).png
    #38 4 years ago

My favourite..sadly, you can’t get it anymore @ Dairy Queen in a blizzard..

63530BE3-D064-40E6-8CE3-607CC50903DE (resized).jpeg63530BE3-D064-40E6-8CE3-607CC50903DE (resized).jpeg
    #39 4 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

Sugar has no nutritional value.

I use to partake, now no sugar or candy at all. Takes time, the stuff is addictive.

#40 4 years ago

My wife says I'm a little paunchy (well, I'm being nice), then she lays these on me. There were four, but I ate one already.

1582118877638-1804049942 (resized).jpg1582118877638-1804049942 (resized).jpg
    #41 4 years ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

My favourite..sadly, you can’t get it anymore @ Dairy Queen in a blizzard..

Loved these too! They are still available but made in Canada. I haven’t tried the the a Canadian version yet. Just ordered some! Fingers crossed they taste the same.

#42 4 years ago

Cadbury Cream Eggs have been a fav of mine since I was a kid. Stopped loving them when Hershey Chocolate Co. started making them, not nearly as tasty as the og eggs.

But!... Cadbury still makes them in the UK. Taste great! Can order them on a amazon, etc.

1DA1D7F0-945E-4323-B4BB-DE5D1E4C55EF (resized).jpeg1DA1D7F0-945E-4323-B4BB-DE5D1E4C55EF (resized).jpeg1EC16931-3E80-4895-B76E-4D2EEF000D20 (resized).jpeg1EC16931-3E80-4895-B76E-4D2EEF000D20 (resized).jpeg
    #43 4 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

How many essential sugars are there? 0.

At the end of the day, sugar is a poison. That's why we have insulin, to get it to of our blood.

The other day, I got a blood test done. My blood sugar came back at an 80...Doctor said it is perfect. 3 years ago, I was 140 pounds heavier and I can't even imagine what my blood sugar level was, cause I was eating too much sugar at every meal.

It took me almost 5 months to break my addiction to sugar...once I broke the addiction, it was the most freeing feeling I've ever had...it was like I broke the chains off of me...now I was in control. Was one of the 4 best feelings in my life (graduating college and completing 2 Disney marathons are my other 3).

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

My wife says I'm a little paunchy (well, I'm being nice), then she lays these on me. There were four, but I ate one already.[quoted image]

LOL

#45 4 years ago

I'm trying to license these.

tweets pst (resized).jpgtweets pst (resized).jpg
    #46 4 years ago

Chocolate candies are OK but I burn out on them very fast. I like the sample-sized halloween candy bars, they feel like the perfect little portion.

only candy I ever crave is pressed sugar candies: Sweet Tarts and Zingy Zaps

A real treat is pressed maple sugar candies. Dark maple sugar pressed hard together, you take a bite and then it dissolves into your mouth. I don't think they package and ship well, so you tend to only find them in places where they harvest maple syrup, so Ontario + Quebec, much of the North East of America.
    maplec candy 2 (resized).jpgmaplec candy 2 (resized).jpg

Mind you, the real treat is heavily boiled maple taffy poured on snow, and then rolled on a stick
    maple taffy (resized).jpgmaple taffy (resized).jpg

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Sugar has no nutritional value.
    I use to partake, now no sugar or candy at all. Takes time, the stuff is addictive.

More addictive than opioids.

#48 4 years ago

Discovered these recently, gummy inside, jelly bean outside. Freaking candy crack!

eggs (resized).jpgeggs (resized).jpg
    #49 4 years ago

Big fan of Sour Belts... But should be renamed to Diabetes Belts.

belts_watermelon (resized).jpgbelts_watermelon (resized).jpg
    #50 4 years ago

necco (resized).jpgnecco (resized).jpg

There are 139 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-still-eat-candy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.