(Topic ID: 96853)

Anyone still buying games off Mr. Pinball Classifieds ?

By TenaciousT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Ten years ago this is the place to check at 4:00 am to get all the good deals . Now a lot of games have been on there for 4-6-9 mo. I salute you Daina P. for your hard work all these years .

#3 9 years ago

I think it has become the place for people to find first time buyers. The prices on there are ridiculous most of the time.

#4 9 years ago

A few years ago, I contacted a person selling a game on PB Classifieds and eventually purchased it from them and several others after that. It was a very fair price, but I have noticed that prices seems to becoming very inflated on PB Classifieds. I think people may be building in negotiating room,it may be a game they have had no local interested buyers or they are just fishing, may not be really motivated to sell, but if someone bites and pays the higher price.....

#5 9 years ago

Part of the issue, I think, is the delay in posting. These days, folks will probably post on CL, Pinside, Mr. Pinball, etc. and by the time it makes it to Mr. Pinball, all the deals have been snapped up already. So the only reason to look is to find the small percentage of posts exclusive to Mr. Pinball.

#6 9 years ago

I agree with westofrome. I've bought and sold using mrpinball. It just takes too long to post. It's literally 4 days. So when I'm pricing to sell vs just posting something for sale it's usually sold by the time it posts whether I'm buying or selling. In addition, you can't upload pics which is what it's all about. The first thing anyone wants is pics pics pics. But I still get the daily and I still use it

#7 9 years ago

Pretty useless given the long time from submittal to post combined with crazy asking prices.

The one time I found a good deal on a local game on MrPinball, some azzhat contacted the seller and got them to increase their price. I ended up passing, but not before making sure I had them jack the price up further to that guy from TX and educated the seller on what things to say to convince the TX to still buy and pay for shipping

Pinside and locals I have met via pinside seem to be the best way to purchase.

#8 9 years ago

It's the new EBay of overpriced games

#9 9 years ago

When I was looking for our first game several years ago - I emailed several people on there and never got a reply from anyone. Admittedly after that, i've never really considered it a viable buying option since.

#10 9 years ago

I've used it rather extensively over the years but far less these days. It could use a makeover (instant posts, pictures)....

#11 9 years ago

Hopefully! Because I have my WPT there starting tomorrow.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I think it has become the place for people to find first time buyers. The prices on there are ridiculous most of the time.

Unlike here where they are always perfectly sane.

#13 9 years ago

I placed and ad and only got replies from people wanting to send money orders for over the amount and to just give the extra money to the guy coming to pick up the machine....
    I do look all the time but way too many scammers.

#14 9 years ago

No, but I usually check

#15 9 years ago

Very frustrating because similar to Pinball Owners site sale capability sellers invariably do not respond-so whats' the point of using these sites.

#16 9 years ago

I have noticed that a lot of machines and parts stay listed for a long time after they have been sold or not available. People are just too damn lazy to remove their adds after they sell so you end up chasing the rabbit down the hole for nothing.

#17 9 years ago

Bought one and sold one on it in last three months so still finding it extremely beneficial, but maybe less relevant than three years ago. I have never had a good CL experience and so that source is dead to me.

#18 9 years ago

Shout out to the guy in rockford trying to sell his 1978 world cup pinball. Nobody was interested in paying $400 the first 5 times you posted to Mr pinball classifieds, nor was anyone interested in buying it for $350 the dozen times you posted it on rockford craigslist.

#19 9 years ago

Last thing I bought on Mr. Pinball was some playfield parts for my Funhouse. It was the only place I was able to locate the parts that were missing from my game. The fellow on there (old operator) just had his phone number listed from a 2 year old post. Had nearly every single part I needed. Quite shocking indeed.

#20 9 years ago

I bought a very nice Whirlwind from a fellow pinsider and it was great. In general, most people forget to remove their ads and its overpriced. Not sure why. But could definitely use a makeover.

#21 9 years ago

yesterday ,found a nice Nitro groundshaker fully populated playfield with wires and all Mechs, coils, everything for $200.00. Plug and play. You can still find some nice deals.

#22 9 years ago

Sold my AC/DC NIB BIBLE thanks to Mr. Pinball classifieds, site is great and allows me to get a sense of market value of my pins... of course minus a little price police

#23 9 years ago

I don't look regularly, but when I swapped out my Mata Hari playfield I found a post in the wanted section that ended up with a sale... And happiness on both sides...

I've bought parts from ads too...but no manuals!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#24 9 years ago

It takes so long for your post to appear up on Mr.Pinball classifieds that those crazy prices you see folks asking were current market prices when they pushed the submit button.

#25 9 years ago

I quit posting games there but it is a good place to advertise if you are into scambaiting and want to play with the Nigerians.
    I did get a nice TZ off of Mr. Pinball but that was a couple years ago.
    The guy did get a few more offers from the local flippers on it willing to pay more but the guy stuck to the full price deal he made with me.
    Pinside is where I list games now, they usually sell withing a few days if not a few hours.
    Mr. Pinball was great back in the day but now other than checking for hard to find parts it is kinda obsolete.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-still-buying-games-off-mr-pinball-classifieds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.