Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jorro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“You believe in aliens and are they at Area 51”

• Yes 40 votes
      30%
    • No 94 votes
      70%

(134 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190921_174028 (resized).png
    E08E2C84-F770-46A2-B654-D2B4A0E9A9DA.jpeg
    77449F61-ABC6-4656-A320-C9BABDCF0491 (resized).jpeg
    ED6FD220-3DD0-408B-8593-D8972D0E3AB5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    349dff915f345c976c59d0e92ba1bef7.jpg
    03eafeb5455534e73f2f2a143ecc6851.jpg
    Screenshot_20190718-141111_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190718-141102_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Area_51-A (resized).jpg
    BCB09197-AE68-4E0C-AA86-269BB53D27F2 (resized).jpeg
    CFDCE112-3A8D-4D83-B005-E8AA23437249 (resized).jpeg
    CA4C0730-51FC-462D-AFD8-832009C68FD8.gif
    62F34970-1C0C-4D01-9E9F-421AB50FDEF5 (resized).jpeg
    D8887DB0-050A-4D6E-9DAB-514C93BEB3FF (resized).jpeg
    FCA2571B-EEA7-42FB-AA95-885AC5831362 (resized).jpeg
    There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Area 51 would make a great non-licensed pinball theme

This would be AWESOME! Paging American Pinball.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Area 51 I thought is, or was used as a military research facility, isn't that where they developed the stealth fighter?

Yes, and other military aircraft. It's actually Nellis AFB.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Sounds like an urban legend to me. Always starts with "A friend of mine..........." It's about 150 miles from Vegas to Area 51.

True story. I know this guy for over a decade and former NASA employee. I have no reason to not believe him. Also, its about 80 miles from LV.

#54 4 years ago

Haha. Not me. Nothing there but military secrets and they will not let you in. None of those military secrets have anything to do with aliens, because we have never encountered aliens. Pretty simple, but the real truth often is. The government has already told us every single thing they know about aliens visiting earth. In case you missed it, I will list every one of those things right here:

#55 4 years ago

NASA employee? ... but this is an AFB. These two organizations don't exactly see eye to eye.
    If these guys take the wrong route - they won't need to worry about seeing in the dark any longer.

Edit...
    Ooops, that would be NOAA, not NASA.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Haha. Not me. Nothing there but military secrets and they will not let you in. None of those military secrets have anything to do with aliens, because we have never encountered aliens. Pretty simple, but the real truth often is. The government has already told us every single thing they know about aliens visiting earth. In case you missed it, I will list every one of those things right here:

Well played.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

A friend of mine and wife went to see Area 51 on vacation to Vegas. He got too close near the outer perimeter and a car showed up with 2 armed guards. The must have already looked him up as they knew his name, address, where he worked and that they were on vacation. They said something like he'd better go back to Vegas and enjoy his vacation. The car followed them all the way back to Vegas to make sure they were leaving.
    They don't play around out there so I wouldn't test them. Hell, about 30 people working their got seriously sick from something they burned on site. They hired a lawyer to sue and were stonewalled in court.
    Sounds like another millennial "Fillintheblank challenge".

Those are the Camo Dudes in their big white trucks.

#58 4 years ago

I've already stormed Area 51.

On Call of Duty.

#59 4 years ago

Not quite Area 51, but I did tour White Sands Missile Range this summer in NM. I was really surprised to learn in their museum that there is a Zumwalt sector (my last name). I've searched all I could to figure out who it was named after (land owner, admiral, etc.) and even exactly where it is on the missile range, but haven't had any luck thus far. Also, I wanted to go to the Trinity site on the far north of the range, but learned you can only access it on 2 specific days a year.

You actually go into the base to tour the museum (indoor and outdoor), but of course no access to the range. Very serious business there and can't imagine what would happen to anyone who didn't follow the rules and/or attempted to access unauthorized areas. The security and seriousness totally scared my son the entire time - was on his best behavior for sure. I thought it was the coolest part of our trip, but he thought it was the worst just because of the anxiety it caused him (guess it didn't help that I told him he might be shot if he disobeyed the rules.

If you are ever in the area and enjoy rocketry, you must go. Indoor museum was interested, but they also have a building that has a real V2 rocket in it with cutaways. Also, the outdoor museum with all of the missiles and rockets was awesome. Took me back to my youth when I was heavy into model rocketry. I actually had working rockets of several of the ones displayed at the outdoor museum.

On a side note, really made me proud to be an American. Our military, technology, and engineering are second to none in the world. Believe it or not, the world is still a very dangerous place and filled with tyrants and governments that love to see all of us dead or subjects to their control. Personally, I want the government to have secrets when it comes to bleeding edge military tech. Secrecy is a substantial element when it comes to peace and giving the enemy the ability to accurately measure our capabilities. Very few know our true capabilities, and most of those people are so compartmentalized they don't even realize the full potential.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

This would be AWESOME! Paging American Pinball.

You rang?

#61 4 years ago

My CWB Area 51 wakeboard from back in the day - did lots of charging the wake on this thing. Never saw any aliens, but did see stars after slamming my face onto the water with eyes wide open when catching the front edge of the board a few times. Still have it, but in my wakeboard bag in the attic
    03eafeb5455534e73f2f2a143ecc6851.jpg03eafeb5455534e73f2f2a143ecc6851.jpg349dff915f345c976c59d0e92ba1bef7.jpg349dff915f345c976c59d0e92ba1bef7.jpg

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Not quite Area 51, but I did tour White Sands Missile Range this summer in NM.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If you are ever in the area and enjoy rocketry, you must go.

I'm sure you enjoyed it. WSMR is very cool the first time you see it. By the hundredth time it gets kind of old. If you don't think so, try spending four years at Holloman AFB in Alamogordo, just outside the range. It may change your mind!!

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

I'm sure you enjoyed it. WSMR is very cool the first time you see it. By the hundredth time it gets kind of old. If you don't think so, try spending four years at Holloman AFB in Alamogordo, just outside the range. It may change your mind!!

Just to clarify, it is a interesting place to visit - wouldn't care to live in that desolation (nothing against NM, as it has some nice parts). I do remember seeing the base just off the highway leading out to the range. On our trip we mainly stayed around Ruidoso, but a day trip to the range was on my list (sledded on the dunes and also stopped by the pistachio orchard on the way, which was a plus).

#64 4 years ago

Meh, I'm waiting for the "dig into the secret government base below the Denver Airport challenge" personally...

#65 4 years ago

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/storm-bermuda-triangle-facebook-event-page-area-51-florida-puerto-rico-a9008826.html

Storm the Bermuda triangle is next. Participants must wear sponebob/pirate costumes.

"It can't swallow us all"

#66 4 years ago

Since the government is monitoring all this Area 51 mumbo jumbo, (likely this thread as well) I refuse to post in here.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just to clarify, it is a interesting place to visit - wouldn't care to live in that desolation (nothing against NM, as it has some nice parts). I do remember seeing the base just off the highway leading out to the range. On our trip we mainly stayed around Ruidoso, but a day trip to the range was on my list (sledded on the dunes and also stopped by the pistachio orchard on the way, which was a plus).

No worries, it is a unique place. I have a lot of fond memories of my time there...and a lot of really, really, really depressing ones too!!

#68 4 years ago

No...but I will have my popcorn ready.

#69 4 years ago

I did! Float the Area 51 pinball idea. You guys could make an awesome pin with this theme.

#70 4 years ago

Storming Area 51: How it will probably go down

#71 4 years ago

Just don't fly in guys....

#72 4 years ago

Great, I live it Fort Worth. We aren’t all idiot Darwin Award nominees.

Part of me feels sad for people like this, the other part thinks that thinning the herd can sometimes be a good idea.

1 month later
    #74 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

A state of emergency has been pre-emptively declared. Lol

Hahaha! Though I guess if even 10,000 idiots show up they need to have infrastructure in place to deal with it.

#75 4 years ago

Area 51 is miles and miles away from Vegas. There’s a mountain range aways from Vegas, where Area 51 starts and the security begins. The heart of Area 51 is something like 75 miles away from that, according to an ex Air Force guy I was with in Vegas two weeks ago.

You can’t even get near the air space on the perimeter let alone anywhere near anything worth mentioning.

But the pinball in New York New York is pretty terrific!

And yes, Area 51 would be a monster theme! Great idea @dcfan!

#76 4 years ago

For those of you who plan on participating, PM me and I will give you my personal info so that you can make sure you will all of your pins to me.

#77 4 years ago

My hunch is non-lethal force along with the threat of lethal force will be sufficient to deter those that decide to take this joke too far.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Is this still a thing?

That’s the same thing as asking if aliens are real?

3 weeks later
    #81 4 years ago

Although the raid is cancelled, I wonder if anyone is going to show up tomorrow?

Recently, two Dutch men were arrested on September 10th, hoping to get video of Area 51 - https://www.apnews.com/1b4f2e934a7f4ecbbb9c662ab05cf217

#82 4 years ago

Well, it appears that 2 young men have already been arrested for trying to access this secret facility with some drones in tow...
    See attached story.
    I also heard that you can make a wager on whether or not aliens are found... Odds at 4000 to 1 against...
    Not sure if that is still the case since the website and raid have been ended apparently.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/18/us/dutch-nationals-area-51-trespassing-trnd/index.html

#83 4 years ago

Typical internet all talk and no action when things get real.

#84 4 years ago

Yeah, when you get arrested, put in jail and fined, things get real.
    You don't get to go back to work, no more Saturday nights out and probably no internet access.
    Plus, you probably have call home to get some bail money so you can do normal things again.
    Assuming your criminal record does not stop you from doing those normal things again.

#85 4 years ago

Is this a sporting event? Any prizes being handed out!

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Yes, the local bars will provide you with Alien Secretion shots...

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Yes, prizes for best costume...

#89 4 years ago

Too funny. 75 showed up, only one arrested and that was for urinating.

#90 4 years ago

I visited both gates back in 2016 including the one that requires a 20 mile car ride down a dead straight dirt road with fine, crushed powder (security can see you coming the minute you turn off the main road - my truck was kicking up dust about 30 ft in the air). It was amazing to actually go to the remote gate as I love aviation and Groom Lake is where all the cool planes get tested. There was no one else around when I got to the "gate" but could see the camo dudes parked on a high hill and watching my father and I from up high. I turned my truck around to face the other direction so they know I had no intention of driving past the marked line. I also had the opportunity to tour the Nevada Test site which sites directly to the west of Groom Lake. The actual base is a very long way from anything and the area is extremely remote. I stayed the night in Rachel, watched Dr. Strangelove, and did some stargazing. It was a great experience but couldn't imagine being in that area with thousands of other people. It was a really cool thing to do and I highly recommend going if you get the chance, just do it when no one else is around

Next time you fly into Las Vegas, check out the Area 51 planes that take employee to Groom Lake (Called JANET flights - just another non-existent terminal). They are located on the side of the airport nearest Luxor (giant pyramid) and the planes are white with a red strip down the side. They get priority for takeoff and landing over civilian traffic.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #91 4 years ago

My friend did point out those planes when we were staying at either New York or Luxor. Can’t remember which one.

#92 4 years ago

Looks like the party already started.

77449F61-ABC6-4656-A320-C9BABDCF0491 (resized).jpeg77449F61-ABC6-4656-A320-C9BABDCF0491 (resized).jpegED6FD220-3DD0-408B-8593-D8972D0E3AB5 (resized).jpegED6FD220-3DD0-408B-8593-D8972D0E3AB5 (resized).jpeg
    #93 4 years ago

Will be interesting to see how many idiots get themselves arrested. IMHO it's takes a special kind of stupid.

#94 4 years ago

If they were protesting for the right reasons I could respect them. Somehow, I doubt this is the case.

#95 4 years ago

Wonder if there are any A-10 sightings yet.

#96 4 years ago
    E08E2C84-F770-46A2-B654-D2B4A0E9A9DA.jpegE08E2C84-F770-46A2-B654-D2B4A0E9A9DA.jpeg
    #97 4 years ago
    20190921_174028 (resized).png20190921_174028 (resized).png
    There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-signed-up-for-storming-area-51/page/2?hl=dandandan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.