(Topic ID: 212787)

Anyone ship a pin via Fastenal?

By Hoopjohn

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0072 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0671 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bbhenry2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

add $100 in materials and a couple hours of time and you are at the same price as STI/NAVL

Wrong. It cost me $600 to get my Evel Knievel from NJ to KY thru STI. I'll never ship with them again.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Why so much? I had a pin shipped in from NYC to Kansas via Michelle at STI and it cost $400.00.
    EDIT: The $400.00 price was insurance covered for around $1500.00. Since I was in the pot for $2200.00 and wanted full price coverage I had to pay $30.00 extra. I figured if the shipping company knew I was serious about this shit then it might pay attention and take better care of my property.

I dealt with Michelle too. It started one price door to door. Then when I found out that was for semi trailer deliver to the door, I explained to her that there was no way a semi was coming down the road I live on. So to send it out on a box truck instead of a semi from their distribution warehouse, she charged me an extra $250 even though they already had a box truck with a lift gate making other deliveries in my area. $250 extra to load it into one truck instead of another??? I just felt like she saw an opportunity and took advantage of it.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Mine came to me in a box truck with a lift gate. No extra charge. Strange.

Hence why I felt taken advantage of.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I understand but it sure leaves me confused. I have had three different quote from Michelle and all were in the $400.00 range. The first two quotes I never got the pin bought. As I recall, all I ever gave her for the ballpark quotes were shipping and receiving zip codes.
    Do you live way out in the sticks, or something?

I'm 4 minutes off a main federal interstate. Mine was around 400 too, up until she decided that it cost more to load it on a small truck at the warehouse instead of a big truck at the same warehouse. It pissed me off as the driver said they had many deliveries right in my area the same day, so the truck was already on that route anyway. Why hit me with an extra $250 in charges when they already have the smaller truck on that route. It was just simply shady and I won't fall for it again.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannylite:

Anyone that buys a used game sight unseen and has it shipped across the country is an idiot and anyone willing to ship a game in that fashion is twice as stupid. Be patient, Buy local, or Drive your lazy ass.

Try not to fall from your high horse.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bbhenry2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-ship-a-pin-via-fastenal?tu=bbhenry2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.