hDA1B9ED2.jpeg
127931151125.jpg
surprise.gif
100_0024.JPG
0426122138a.jpg
0426121958a.jpg
image-540.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I would agree with this 100%. The LE was a huge disappointment when I found out what it had. I'm glad I didn't sell my original to downgrade to an LE.

Neo, for as much as you love lotr, you equally bash the le? I am starting to think you are really struggling by trying to find all negatives with the le kinda like "love the one your with" or like you have to defend why you have the std lotr???

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I'm getting the Valorguy vibe myself.

+1.

A bored, lonely, little troll, looking for some laughs and some attention. People figured him out pretty fast.

#153 10 years ago

Dupe.

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

Neo, for as much as you love lotr, you equally bash the le? I am starting to think you are really struggling by trying to find all negatives with the le kinda like "love the one your with" or like you have to defend why you have the std lotr???

Don't get me wrong, I love LOTR, I just hate the way they did the LE. I think it was horrible all around. Could have done so much more and better. Wish they would have done everything different for the LE.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Well, the seller with figures, shaker and LED's has yet to get back to me...anyone else with an LE decked out want to make some moolah?

He probably read some of your posts. Seller sounds pretty smart cutting this deal before it goes bad. I think you have a long, long road to travel. I'm done.....

#156 10 years ago

I'm just here to troll this thread. Hi everyone (wave emoticon)

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I'm just here to troll this thread. Hi everyone (wave emoticon)

You'll need to get a number and wait your turn in line. We have about a dozen people that were here before you.

#158 10 years ago

. reminds me of someone???

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

You'll need to get a number and wait your turn in line. We have about a dozen people that were here before you.

I don't know why you feel the need to defend him. Have you looked at the ridiculous amount of WTB threads he's started? He has wasted many sellers time with his <insert any LE game here> WTB phases. Most of us are sick of his BS but by all means if you feel the need to feed into it please continue

image-176.jpgimage-176.jpg
#160 10 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I don't know why you feel the need to defend him. Have you looked at the ridiculous amount of WTB threads he's started? He has wasted many sellers time with his <insert any LE game here> WTB phases. Most of us are sick of his BS but by all means if you feel the need to feed into it please continue

image-176.jpg 23 KB

Guy has been a big help and a major supporter helping me into the world of arcade games. I thought I would be nice and return the favor.

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

Guy has been a big help and a major supporter helping me into the world of arcade games. I thought I would be nice and return the favor.

Ahhh okay, now that makes sense. If its a personal thing I understand. The thing is many of us here helped him, have given him solid advice, yet he continues to waste people's time

Not cool

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Ahhh okay, now that makes sense. If its a personal thing I understand. The thing is many of us here helped him, have solid advice yet he continues to waste people's time
Not cool

He's dead serious on picking a game up and he is more of a vid guy than a pinball guy. I'm helping him out where I can. The thing about the internet is the lack of being able to express intentions. The translation of what one really means can get lost in a single paragraph. That's just from my observations. I also try not to speak for anyone for similar reasons, so that's as far as I'll go.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Yup, agree completely. A regular LOTR is just as great a game. Which is why I like (or don't mind) LEs like LOTR, WOZ, and *really* dislike the now-standard Premium/LE stuff from Stern. When will people realize they are buying the Costco version of games (Pros) at a greatly inflated price, or 'regular' versions at even more jacked-up prices (Premiums), optionally with a bit of inexpensive bling thrown on for a ridiculous price increase (LEs)?

Ok, This is so out of whack. First did you ever play the Costco Pinballs? They wernt even CLOSE to the game today's pros are. Today's pros are not a stripped down game, compare them to games before they went to the Pro, Premium, LE Model Such as CSI, IJ4, NBA, Batman Dark Night, Ect and they are better then most of the games on that list, with just as many features if not more!

Pro's are what the STD pinball has been for over 10 years. Not some cheap Rip off. Ask many people on this board and they will swear that some of the pros that have come out in the last 3 years are better then the LE's and Premiums.. Go Play ST Pro and tell me it feels like a stripped down game, Or Metallica Pro, Or Tron Pro...

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Don't get me wrong, I love LOTR, I just hate the way they did the LE. I think it was horrible all around. Could have done so much more and better. Wish they would have done everything different for the LE.

I have to agree. The difference is like night and day. The total standard LOTR package looks superior to the LE (even without the cock on the backglass).

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

image-176.jpg 23 KB

Can we all agree that being on internet forums in the first place is where we go to kill time. How many of us waste hours of our lives reading thread after thread. I don't remember making ANYONE read my threads. I don't recall WASTING any seller's time either. I had two potential sellers for TRON LE. Both nice guys who had machines ready. In the end, something came up and I just couldn't pull the trigger on it. Personal issue, if you want to now more, please PM me and we can cry together.

Now, I am back in the market. Not at the 10-11K range, but still something size-able. So I've started threads about wanting to buy stuff. So what? Can't I have a few ideas in mind and start threads? Next time I'll put them all in one thread, but honestly, my mind has changed quite a bit. What I just don't get is how people think I've wasted their time. Your time is your time, you don't have to deal with me. If you think I'm just a fraud or a non-mover, that's fine. I'm just slow when it comes to buying Pins. Truth be told, when I started collected vids, I rushed in and got burned...overpaid many times and I just don't want that to happen again.

Let's face it, telling me off gives some of you pleasure. I really don't care that much. Lots of you have helped me out and I truly appreciate that. Don't worry guys, I'll get a pin soon enough and then you won't have to think I'm a joke for much longer Now who wants a hug?

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Now who wants a hug?

Is that a STD Hug or an LE, can't make my mind up which one I'd want?

Just joshing with ya, and your are correct I am choosing to read your threads of my own free will......(they told me to say that!)

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Can we all agree that being on internet forums in the first place is where we go to kill time. How many of us waste hours of our lives reading thread after thread. I don't remember making ANYONE read my threads. I don't recall WASTING any seller's time either. I had two potential sellers for TRON LE. Both nice guys who had machines ready. In the end, something came up and I just couldn't pull the trigger on it. Personal issue, if you want to now more, please PM me and we can cry together.
Now, I am back in the market. Not at the 10-11K range, but still something size-able. So I've started threads about wanting to buy stuff. So what? Can't I have a few ideas in mind and start threads? Next time I'll put them all in one thread, but honestly, my mind has changed quite a bit. What I just don't get is how people think I've wasted their time. Your time is your time, you don't have to deal with me. If you think I'm just a fraud or a non-mover, that's fine. I'm just slow when it comes to buying Pins. Truth be told, when I started collected vids, I rushed in and got burned...overpaid many times and I just don't want that to happen again.
Let's face it, telling me off gives some of you pleasure. I really don't care that much. Lots of you have helped me out and I truly appreciate that. Don't worry guys, I'll get a pin soon enough and then you won't have to think I'm a joke for much longer Now who wants a hug?

Truly, if you want a GOOD DEAL you need to move when you find one. Good deals don't last while you try to make up your mind. I bought 3 pins the last 2 weeks with one being a nice HUO LOTR that finally came up at a good price so I jumped on it (local as well). You SNOOZE you LOSE with this group. I got back into the hobby and bought 16 pins in less then 6 months and got some great deals....again, it wasn't my being indecisive.

My advice for what it is worth. Decide a few pins you might want for your first pin (I had a list of 25 possible pins that I wanted and as good deals came up for any of them I struck like a Cobra.....LOL) and when one of them comes up you STRIKE (make and offer and stick to it and if they say YES you jump in your car and get it ASAP before they change their mind....LOL !!!!). CL, EBAY and PINSIDE are all fair game and I have found pins on all 3 sites.

Wasting peoples time is UNCOOL. You ask for pictures and they "look good" you make an offer (well that is how I do it if I like the pictures). They can say YES, Counter your offer or tell you to go jump off a bridge.....LOL but you make an offer and see what happens. You can always buy mods for games so if you get a nice deal take it.

Good luck to you. There are some good sellers on PINSIDE and overall it is a GREAT SITE for so much information and for making great pinball friends. I get "beat up" all the time but hey its part of posting on here and the more CERTAIN pinsiders feel they are getting to you the more they will "pull your chain looking for a reaction" (as you are seeing first hand).....I have my own "fan club" (they know who they are....LOL) and you seem to be doing a good job establishing a "fan club" of your own. Keep up the good work......LOL !!!

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

NOOOO!!! This post doesn't work for me!!! Think You are a dreamer.

It is not OK to ask people for pics of games they might sell when You're never gonna buy it.

If I have my Scared Stiff up for sale it is expected I will be asked for pics.

When You post You want to buy a game like my SS and it may be for sale for the right price that is different IMHO!

I had no pics of my game at the time. You told me to send pics and I sent them within 2 hours. And within an hour You PM'd and said You had found a game locally.

Taking pics is a pain in the ass. Sandwiched games,glass off,right lighting, etc.! This is why I never sent You pics of my IJ when You went that route.

Stop jerking people around and go shopping at the grocery store...Not at a reputable forum!

And what are You doing with all those pics we are sending??? Gonna start your own IPDB???

#170 10 years ago

Shark jumped.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I have to agree. The difference is like night and day. The total standard LOTR package looks superior to the LE (even without the cock on the backglass).

I would try like hell to buy that Le at gex's! If I didn't have mine yet this would be on its way. My Le is the most beautiful pin I own. I love the gold trim and backglass. The figures are really not hard to come by and I agree that it needs them then the so called night and day superior difference is gone. When I get a moment a will post a pic of mine. The Le is night and day difference but it's in appearance and it's one hell of a beauty. They are not available all that often either. Hurry up and buy this one before Neo beats you to it. Lol

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Shark jumped.

No FONZIE NOOOOOO!!!

Another day, and the madness continues on!

#173 10 years ago

I agree jamespin. A LOTR LE @ 6600 shipped is a very good price IMO. To make a big deal out of not having the figures shows my he's not serious. There always seems to be a reason.

#174 10 years ago

Wellllll, we have to do one of two things here....either cut him a little slack, or just don't come back to this thread. Right?

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I agree jamespin. A LOTR LE @ 6600 shipped is a very good price IMO. To make a big deal out of not having the figures shows my he's not serious. There always seems to be a reason.

Don't forget, in that $6,600 price, JJ was ALSO including the shipping! That's as good as taking $500 off for a $6,100 price!!! AND don't discount the fact that when you buy from JJ, you'll have him right there just a phone call or e-mail away for any tech problems that should ever arise. There's a lot to be said for that as well.

So if Kaneda was even REMOTELY serious about an LOTR LE, he'da jumped all over that deal.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Don't forget, in that $6,600 price, JJ was ALSO including the shipping! That's as good as taking $500 off for a $6,100 price!!! AND don't discount the fact that when you buy from JJ, you'll have him right there just a phone call or e-mail away for any tech problems that should ever arise. There's a lot to be said for that as well.
So if Kaneda was even REMOTELY serious about an LOTR LE, he'da jumped all over that deal.

It doesn't have the dolls he wants

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

NOOOO!!! This post doesn't work for me!!! Think You are a dreamer.
It is not OK to ask people for pics of games they might sell when You're never gonna buy it.
If I have my Scared Stiff up for sale it is expected I will be asked for pics.
When You post You want to buy a game like my SS and it may be for sale for the right price that is different IMHO!
I had no pics of my game at the time. You told me to send pics and I sent them within 2 hours. And within an hour You PM'd and said You had found a game locally.
Taking pics is a pain in the ass. Sandwiched games,glass off,right lighting, etc.! This is why I never sent You pics of my IJ when You went that route.
Stop jerking people around and go shopping at the grocery store...Not at a reputable forum!
And what are You doing with all those pics we are sending??? Gonna start your own IPDB???

Oh please, are you serious? How hard is it to attach photos. And think about this, why do I even have to ASK FOR PHOTOS?!?!? If you're selling something, SHOW US A GOD DAMN PICTURE OF IT!!!! Like this recent ACDC thread...guy just states what the game is...um...ok...how about some photos. Then people jump on me saying I have no right to SEE what's for sale...Get the hell over yourself if you think me asking to see photos is WRONG and a WASTE of a sellers time. Last time I checked, it's a buyers market and we have a right to ask for whatever we want before committing.

WAAA WAAA taking photos is hard? Are you kidding me man....As far as I'm concerned any seller should see photos as par for the course. I shouldn't even have to ask. All of this blind buying or "I know him and he's a stand up guy" stuff might work for some, but if I'm dropping 7-10K on something, I'd like to see it. And guess what, if I walk away, that's life. It's not wrong at all. Ever sell something on Craig's List? You know how many times buyers said they'd show up to meet me and never did, wasting my Saturday. Now that's a reason to bitch...but just asking for photos...again, you sound silly.

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Oh please, are you serious? How hard is it to attach photos. And think about this, why do I even have to ASK FOR PHOTOS?!?!? If you're selling something, SHOW US A GOD DAMN PICTURE OF IT!!!! Like this recent ACDC thread...guy just states what the game is...um...ok...how about some photos. Then people jump on me saying I have no right to SEE what's for sale...Get the hell over yourself if you think me asking to see photos is WRONG and a WASTE of a sellers time. Last time I checked, it's a buyers market and we have a right to ask for whatever we want before committing.
WAAA WAAA taking photos is hard? Are you kidding me man....As far as I'm concerned any seller should see photos as par for the course. I shouldn't even have to ask. All of this blind buying or "I know him and he's a stand up guy" stuff might work for some, but if I'm dropping 7-10K on something, I'd like to see it. And guess what, if I walk away, that's life. It's not wrong at all. Ever sell something on Craig's List? You know how many times buyers said they'd show up to meet me and never did, wasting my Saturday. Now that's a reason to bitch...but just asking for photos...again, you sound silly.

What's that up in the sky?
Is it a bird? No
Is it a plane? No

It's a ban hammer!

#179 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Dude, you can't even REMOTELY be serious!? Want pics...GO TO JJ's WEBSITE! Pics and info all available at the click of a button.

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

I see a ban hammer hovering over this one

Why? Why would I get banned for asking a seller to share photos? Or defend myself when people tell me that's wrong or wasting the seller's time? Seriously, why?

My reputation is constantly called into question and all I am doing is shopping for a pin. Apparently on pinside you're not allowed to shop unless you BUY RIGHT AWAY and JUMP ON IT....Please. There are no rules. If a seller doesn't want to deal with me fine. If they don't want to send me photos, fine. It's all fine. But to say I'm the problem is silly. I'm just one buyer amongst thousands. I'm just one thread amongst hundreds. I just feed the side of people that want to moan because I'm indecisive and that annoys some. This hobby by nature makes us all indecisive. Just ask the MMR guys how they feel about shelling out 8K for a game that's costing the manufacturers a fraction of that. Or check in on the PREDATOR boys who have no idea if their game will even come with the most hyped feature - UV. This hobby is all about making up your mind, so just don't chastise me for taking longer than some. That's all I'm saying.

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Dude, you can't even REMOTELY be serious!? Want pics...GO TO JJ's WEBSITE! Pics and info all available at the click of a button.

I never asked JJ for pics. In fact, he reached out to me and sent me a link to pics. So what are you talking about? He's a great seller and did what any great seller would do...take photos, have a link, and he shared link. So again, what are you talking about?

#182 10 years ago

The Kaneda Express.

untitled (2).pnguntitled (2).png

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Thank you for this. Clearly you have no idea about pin selling. It's a different world and you are clearly out of your element. It happens to all of us but you need to be more respectful of peoples time.

As sepin said it's not as easy as taking a couple pics, for MOST people it involves yanking a pin from the lineup, lifting the playfield, snapping pics from every possible angle etc. Now they come back 2hrs later to find out you've moved on to the next pin that your sister's boyfriend's, cousin-in-law's, daughter's dog said was fun. You have nice machines offered to you at great deals because it IS a buyer's market, yet because it doesn't have some damn toys you can add on yourself you pass?!? If it's condition say so, that's a different story but effin TOYS that literally take 5 minutes to install???

If you had figured out what you wanted, made a thread, posted a bounty and bought one, EVERYONE would be congratulating you and giving you those hugs you are so desperately looking for.

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

The Kaneda Express.

untitled (2).png 116 KB

appropriate

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

If you had figured out what you wanted, made a thread, posted a bounty and bought one, EVERYONE would be congratulating you and giving you those hugs you are so desperately looking for.

Now that's the truth! +1000

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Why? Why would I get banned for asking a seller to share photos?

It's not for asking for photos, it's for your language and use of profanity.

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

But to say I'm the problem is silly. I'm just one buyer amongst thousands. I'm just one thread amongst hundreds. .

You really don't get it do you? Look at this sentence you constructed yourself. The issue is right in it... You are just one buyer amongst thousands, one thread amongst hundreds, yet it's only YOU who get picked at.

Soo, among these thousands of buyers and hundreds of threads, you and your threads are the only with big issues... Do you see where the problem lies?

Maybe you are supposed to start changing the man in the mirror.

#188 10 years ago

This is the PM that I sent the OP yesterday:

"Kaneda, I know you do probably mean well and have a ton of enthusiasm, but there is a trend here of you offering up big money for a big title, having people contact you, then finding a reason to change your mind or back out. The people here are in general very nice and helpful, but you can only cry wolf so many times before you get ignored. Literally. Just be cautious that your all-over-the-place enthusiasm doesnt give people the wrong impression and drive them away."

There is a ton of good advice in this thread, but also lots of drama. For that reason, I'm closing this thread down. Everyone please remember to be respectful of each other, including other people's opinions and time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 7.50
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-selling-a-lotr-le/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.