hDA1B9ED2.jpeg
127931151125.jpg
surprise.gif
100_0024.JPG
0426122138a.jpg
0426121958a.jpg
image-540.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

So what's the difference? I know LE lost the figures, but did it gain anything besides the gold trim?

Limited 500. Mirrored back glass. Signed Playfield, Extra Clear On the playfield, Pre wired for Shaker Motor

Did I miss anything?

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

So what's the difference? I know LE lost the figures, but did it gain anything besides the gold trim?

It has the code for the shaker motor.
Also, the figures can be added.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It has the code for the shaker motor.
Also, the figures can be added.

If you can find em.. Stern no longer has them

JJ

#54 10 years ago

the backglass is a downgrade as well. for one, the way it looks. And two, you have to worry about breaking something that is not replaceable.

#55 10 years ago

great price and i am sure jj will gladly help with any issues if they arise. he is a trusted and well respected seller here.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the backglass is a downgrade as well. for one, the way it looks. And two, you have to worry about breaking something that is not replaceable.

I actually like the effect, but I agree about the major downside. If that thing breaks, you're going to be a very sad boy.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

I actually like the effect, but I agree about the major downside. If that thing breaks, you're going to be a very sad boy.

Not sure, but if you can prove you have an LE (ie send the broken glass to Stern) if they have another they will sell to you.. I had a customer break a LTBR glass and I got it replaced.

JJ

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

If you can find em.. Stern no longer has them
JJ

I have been selling sets of them. The main problem in finding all the figures is that the Uruk Warriors are fairly rare.
I presently have a partial set that does not have the Saruman and Dark Rider figures. Those are easy to get. I just have not bothered to order them.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I have been selling sets of them. The main problem in finding all the figures is that the Uruk Warriors are fairly rare.
I presently have a partial set that does not have the Saruman and Dark Rider figures. Those are easy to get. I just have not bothered to order them.

Humm, I might have to order some at some point. What do they cost?

#60 10 years ago

Op, looks like a great deal from a helpful seller.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Humm, I might have to order some at some point. What do they cost?

The sets usually sold for around $220 shipped. All the figures are NIB.

Here is an old link I had quite a while ago showing what they look like:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-original-nib-lotr-complete-figure-set

#62 10 years ago

I have one, its awesome, get it…...

#63 10 years ago

Here are the factory changes that differentiate the LE version from the original version:

• The backglass is real glass (not a translite) with a mirrored gold effect.
• Extra clearcoats on playfield.
• 'Armies of Middle Earth' plastic figures were not used. Therefore, no mounting holes exist in the playfield plastics for them.
• Playfield is signed by Gary Stern and George Gomez.
• "Gold" trim. The lockdown bar, legs, hinges, and side rails are plated and polished. Gold trim around the backbox.
• Game has the option to add a Shaker Motor.
• Leg bolts and hinge bolts are brass plated.
• The speaker panel has a "500 Game Limited Edition" plate and gold painted grills.
• Certificate of Authenticity signed by Gary Stern.

This game has the option to add a Shaker Motor which had not been the case for the original LOTR game. Lonnie Ropp confirmed to us that he added the Shaker Code to the original Code and it had been 'secured' with a new PAL chip version.

MSRP when new: $6,499.00

#64 10 years ago

it's not hard to add a shaker to normal version if you want it. I've had it. Shaker isn't that impressive in LOTR. About as impressive as it is for TF.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's not hard to add a shaker to normal version if you want it. I've had it. Shaker isn't that impressive in LOTR. About as impressive as it is for TF.

I agree, shaker is ok, but gotta have it for Balrog. Now RS, that's some major shaker implementation!

#66 10 years ago

So it seems the LE isn't as good as the PRO in this case...is that the overwhelming consensus?

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

So it seems the LE isn't as good as the PRO in this case...is that the overwhelming consensus?

No. You got it backwards, but the LE just needs the toys added on.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It's one of the few where the LE isn't clearly better than the standard model (it's not really a "pro") because the standard had some features the LE didn't. Personally I prefer my LE and wouldn't go down to a regular one without adding gold armor and a shaker, at least. I actually really dig the actual painted backglass over the plastic translite.

#69 10 years ago

I think it would be a great machine. You can add anything your heart desires. Missing a few figures is no biggie. Doing mods is half the fun.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Notbychance:

I think it would be a great machine. You can add anything your heart desires. Missing a few figures is no biggie. Doing mods is half the fun.

Is it easy to find the figures?

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Is it easy to find the figures?

Here is one set of the figures:

ebay.com link: LORD OF THE RINGS PINBALL GENUINE REPLACEMENT FULL PLAYFIELD FIGURE SET OF 12

disclaimer: the listing is not mine

#72 10 years ago

There you go. Not sure I can justify buying them myself. Mine appear to be missing the weapons in their hands.

#73 10 years ago

Get the beard dick Kaneda, get it! You know you want that beard dick!

#74 10 years ago

Nice Spider-Man JJ!

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Notbychance:

There you go. Not sure I can justify buying them myself. Mine appear to be missing the weapons in their hands.

Most of the figures don't have the weapons on them, guess Stern figured they'd just end up falling off during gameplay. I bought the ones that were missing weapons from Ebay and added them in, they look much better with the weapons.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Hey I even own a LOTR le and wouldn't sell it to you. Just delete your account and go buy yourself a used Nintendo

What is your malfunction.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Nice Spider-Man JJ!

Spiderman Sold to another Pinsider today =)

#78 10 years ago

I'm going to buy the LOTR LE from JJ just to be a dick.

#79 10 years ago

Yeah I guess I'll have to swing buy the local magic the gathering/ d&d shop and grab some weapons. Thanks for the motivation Buckman.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This game has the option to add a Shaker Motor which had not been the case for the original LOTR game. Lonnie Ropp confirmed to us that he added the Shaker Code to the original Code and it had been 'secured' with a new PAL chip version.

It wasn't secured that well lol...plenty of us have shakey regular LOTRs. Shaker code is great...game rumbles with the Balrog and in tons of other places, too.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

No. You got it backwards, but the LE just needs the toys added on.

This is a very good point. I found all the Play-Along figures. Added two than gave up / lazy. If you have the will and like to tinker. I do not. Than the Limited Edition is were it is at .

0426121958a.jpg0426121958a.jpg 0426122138a.jpg0426122138a.jpg 100_0024.JPG100_0024.JPG
#82 10 years ago

It has a pretty neat backglass, but that's about it.

Ugly gold trim, no figures and a huge cock in the middle of the backglass. Yeah that is the model for me.

#83 10 years ago

Damn I wish I wasn't in the uk - would love that le. Is it low plays and huo?

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I think LOTR makes a great first game. It was one of mine. I have had the standard and the LE. I paid $6500 + shipping for my HUO LOTR LE that already had the figures, shaker, mirror blades and the POTD mod. I think JJ and GEX are great.

I personally like the LE more than the standard, but then again my LE is all modded up and my standard was a nice routed one so that may account for my preference.

I did not read anything in your other post that you are getting flamed about, so here is my biased opinion. Go ahead and jump in the water. If you have that kind of cash to spend, spend it with JJ since he has the LOTR LE that you are looking for. While you are at it, go ahead and get a Star Trek from him also. They will compliment each other nicely and you will have a blast. You will have two top-10 type titles that will be working 100% so you can play more than fix. You will pretty much know what you are getting and not get screwed over buying something under false pretenses.

If you don't take that advice, another pinsider who will lead you right and not dork you over is doughslingers. He is a standup guy who will help a newb a lot. He has nice pins and is a pleasure to deal with.

I hope that helps. Pinsiders truly are a very helpful bunch of folks. Don't over think this too much. Make the decision today and by the end of the week you can have LOTR LE and unbox your first NIB.

My $.02

Darin

#85 10 years ago

no need to be rude about it.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Ugly gold trim, no figures and a huge cock in the middle of the backglass. Yeah that is the model for me.

Ah man, why did you have to point that out? The backglass has reached Game of Thrones status now...

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Some of you are just really mean. You act as if I'm wasting your precious time, but that's not the case at all. Is it annoying to gather as much info as you can before making a decision. I've spent lots of time at Modern Pinball NYC getting a feel for a few games and it's not as easy as some of you make it out to be.
Those of you saying you wouldn't sell me yours even if it were for sale. Wow, that's just a whole new level of cruel.
And I'm not making any of you click on my thread. I'm not forcing any of you to respond. You know the phrase if you don't have anything nice to say...
One little harmless thread from Kaneda will sink onto the second page in an instant if you want it to. But that's not how Pinside works. The second someone sees an opportunity to bitch, they jump at it. Like every JJP thread, nothing but the same bitching and moaning.
Do I have to rush out a buy a game to prove a point to some of you? Well I'm not going to do that. I'm going to buy the game that's right for me. Haven't seen a LOTR LE up for sale in a while so I decided to ask. Sorry for asking.
And as far as not listening to the advice from people, how am I not doing that? I was told to play games. I'm doing that. I'm going to every show I can this year to play as many as I can. I was told to ask around for prices. I'm doing that.
And yes, maybe offering 11K for a TRON LE fully modded was a bad idea. But guess what, I didn't get anyone with good mods to offer up a unit. Found a nice low-play model near me, but with hardly any mods, and one in California, but that deal fell through.
I apologize if I've come across wrong. Sorry if I just want Predator UV to work. Stupid me for trying to see what's available and for how much. This isn't the easiest hobby to jump into and I'm learning as I go. But damn, cut me some slack.

We are not mean...You take any pics of games lately?

It's a little bit of a pain and especially hard when You games are sandwiched in.

Now You're on to LOTR. Your last flavor was IJ and I decided I wasn't going to take the time to take recent pics when we PM'd.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

spiderman Sold to another Pinsider today =)

Heh heh heh.....

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from theke:

Heh heh heh.....

You tease!!!

#90 10 years ago

Next week's game is...........?

If you were paying top dollar for a game I wanted to sell, sorry, but until I saw a better track record, I wouldn't take the time to respond, as of now. I could see countless emails, countless phone calls, countless pics, countless I'm in, I'm out, I'm in, got to talk to my spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend, family, friends, why can't I send a check, wait while you check different delivery guys, give me more time, discussions that yes $250-$450 is what it costs to ship, different delivery dates and times, legs on, legs off, pallet, no pallet, insurance yes or no, hey I found the game $100 cheaper over here, what should I do, give me more time, can you come down, I changed my mind, etc........

Might be an exaggeration, but seriously, turn the table, what would you think?

Good luck in your "hunt".

Next.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I'm going to buy the LOTR LE from JJ just to be a dick.

LOTR LE = $6600
Being a dick to an internet troll = Priceless

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from Bearded_Warrior:

LOTR LE = $6600
Being a dick to an internet troll = Priceless

JJ is an internet troll?

#93 10 years ago

JJ is an internet troll?

No, I was referring to the guy who started the thread.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from Bearded_Warrior:

No, I was referring to the guy who started the thread.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Your last flavor was IJ and I decided I wasn't going to take the time to take recent pics when we PM'd.

When the F did IJ come up?? How did I miss that?

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

What a way to start the day!!! LMAO!!!

#97 10 years ago

I know a guy with a cast signed (translite) Data East Star Wars. Pinballwizardz. He last signed on March 2

#98 10 years ago

Still have the game, it has not sold yet.

JJ

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Still have the game, it has not sold yet.

What a shock!

surprise.gifsurprise.gif
#100 10 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I was thinking the same thing, it seemed to me that Kaneda was determined on getting an "LE"....... and there were no "LE" IJ made. Unless someone just writes LIMITED EDITION across their pin to make him happy. But who knows what on earth it will take to make happen.
What we need to do on his next thread, bacause there will be another thread, is ALL agree with whatever he is looking for at the time. If it's a LOTR, everybody pump up the LE. As soon as one person says "the standards are better" or "that model doesn't have the playfield figures" we are all doomed to read another thread. You can actually see the flip flop in this thread as soon as someone turned their nose up at a LE model.

Quoted from kaneda:

NO BRO, the overwhelming consensus is that you need to just buy something and stop "shopping"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 7.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 25.00
$ 39.50
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-selling-a-lotr-le/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.