76DCA6A7-000E-49F6-BDA3-7B17311338D7 (resized).jpeg
7F2091BE-4A46-4D06-BE82-A2E6CA97E199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201021-073619_Facebook (resized).jpg
2BAB20EE-12A7-4908-8880-D236F89F2977 (resized).jpeg
AD4B3286-65E5-4526-9FEC-DFD920CEBD68 (resized).jpeg
2jbcq1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
454E0ABC-99B8-4A00-A176-7EBB398D1D84 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 3 years ago

I am torn between the LE and the SE, I am personally low on my feeling for the upper PF which is the main difference.

LE

better lighting
better art
shaker
invisible glass

costs more
not sure about the upper PF (it seems like meh, reading some people say you just hit the ball either lock or to the bass ramp).

SE

costs a lot less
probably faster just the ramp (no upper PF)

worst light
worst art (imo)

Easy to get... shaker plus PDI glass would add ~$400 to the cost so it'll be $2350 cost to get the better art, better light and upper PF.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

rai - I sincerely understand the struggle , I drive myself nuts every time I buy a machine. Hopefully you’ll see something that helps you pull the trigger , but I just think you’re driving yourself nuts with all of this. It’s YOUR game, and it sounds like you could care less about the upper play field. So you just need to decide if the bells and whistles are worth it. The bells and whistles on LE certainly are amazing. I LOVE the stage lights and cymbals. But I love money more.
Good luck

my point is sometimes I like both trim levels (could be happy with both) but can like the art on one or the features on the other.

I was getting SW comic and I really love the comic pro art a lot more but I loved the hyper loop shot on the premium and ended up getting SW premium.

with GnR it's the opposite that I like the art a lot more on the LE but (think) that I rather have the SE (no upper PF). I watch the streams and the upper PF doesn't seem that vital, like people say the ball is up there a few seconds and most of the streams I see there are so many balls in play or the upper PF shot is ignored.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think the SE is missing the Power chord rule which seems like a fun part of the ruleset. I'm still interested in the SE because it is such a good value but definitely need to see gameplay and see what else is missing in terms of rules.

what is the power chord rule?

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It’s a jackpot you can get for locking all balls in the guitar neck during songs. The SE doesn’t have that.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Locking balls during multiball. Then, when you’re down to one ball, you have a hurry up to place the last ball in the lock to collect a power chord jackpot. It’s very difficult but rewarding, My best is 3 balls - but this is only based on 7 games where I really only went for the power chord in the last few games.
That said, I was concerned on the mini pf gameplay and actually surprised i liked it. But, i liked it in other ways that some may not like. For instance, some left ramp shots go directly into the lock without any mini pf play, i like that a lot! Also, it’s quick and simple, no continuous play up there or bashing, it’s quick to make either of the two shots or drain. So it doesn’t slow down the game, and make it more inviting to me personally, as it increases the intensity to get a ball locked for multiball, or to lock balls for the power chord. The SE is just hit the left ramp for a virtual lock and no power chord rule.

thanks

#92 3 years ago

has anyone seen any video of the SE posted?

#101 3 years ago

Can someone tell me how the left ramp is qualified to make it shot up the upper PF?

Like how often is it a regular ramp and how often a ramp to the upper PF? What determines when it’s a normal ramp vs diverted to upper PF?

#110 3 years ago

SE should flow and play faster

#125 3 years ago

Looks great.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yea it is weird that they went through all that effort to make it look like a stage and the band members are all chopped off below the knees.

I think form the viewing angle is fine, as if we’re looking from above the stage the lower body is not as important as the upper body and face.

454E0ABC-99B8-4A00-A176-7EBB398D1D84 (resized).jpeg454E0ABC-99B8-4A00-A176-7EBB398D1D84 (resized).jpeg

#136 3 years ago

On LE version there’s a target on upper PF says ‘Lights’. What is on the SE for that shot?

Someone said left ramp shot but I don’t see any insert for it.

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Looks like in the SE, a left ramp shot will either divert to a quick left flipper ramp delivery or divert to a top lanes or right loop exit and probably a virtual lock or something.

This has been known literally since day one. The left ramp on the SE doesn't divert to the top lanes or right loop, it is just a ramp. Guess what that mean? the ball is always in play, maybe 1-2 seconds on the ramp and it's back at your flippers. No ball lock shot and shooting another ball from the shooter lane, just keep on playing. The ball is virtually locked like on Metallica pro.

I won't miss the upper PF (I don't think) but will miss the color changing hot rails (as you mentioned).

the SE will play faster (it literally can not play slower than the LE because there is no interruption from the main PF).

there has been endless arguments between people who own Met and TWD premium/ LE that their game is better than Met/TWD pro but there are plenty of people who love Met/TWD/GOT/SW/BKSOR/Maiden/JP/DP/GotG/etc.. pro and don't mind paying 30% less money for a very similar pinball machine that is just missing a few extra features

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Not nearly as satisfying of a shot/s.

this is your opinion, but some might prefer the left ramp shot may be more satisfying because it brings the ball right back into play.

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can see the SE being just as fun. The upper playfield shots and action didn’t wow me, but the two shots are satisfying because they are difficult to make.
I had two overhead lights blasted on the game last night so the light show was pretty muted. Still was amazing. So I think was the SE loses in light show won’t be a big deal. I hope I’m right, as the SE is the only game in my price range.

I hope you are right too. I could afford the LE but I have already 11 pins and that's a lot of money to be into games, much easier to add an $7K pin than nearly $10K pin (without selling anything).

I believe the fastness of the left ramp might be great with the MB heavy rules.

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure how making song modes into MBs and getting power chords will work on the SE though. I guess we will find soon enough.

Balls are locked virtually, no power chord feature at all. Said there was no way for that to work with the SE. But like TWD is missing the walker bombs, you can still play without walker bombs will have to play without power chord rules..

#212 3 years ago

SE is missing the stand up target for 'lights' which is on the upper PF not sure what they're doing with that?

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I assume the left ramp locks balls virtually, give bass guitar credit, and lights. Sounds like the SE will be way easier. Haha

2BAB20EE-12A7-4908-8880-D236F89F2977 (resized).jpeg2BAB20EE-12A7-4908-8880-D236F89F2977 (resized).jpeg

#225 3 years ago

I think the SE can be a sneaky good seller for JJP.

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Either they aren't showing it for two reasons...
1) JJP is incompetent at marketing (doubt it)
2) They are pushing people to LEs and don't want a great SE video to push people away from it

Interesting, most likely JJP makes most profit on CE second most on LE and lowest profit on SE they’re probably hoping for the easy low hanging money, die hard fans to buy the LEs thus making more profits.

I find it funny how people claim LE is the only way to go (people saying you’re missing too much on the SE) those people have never played the SE so how can they be so sure?

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm hoping that it's #3
3. They are making professionally shot and edited videos to feature both SE and LE gameplay and highlight the differences between the two versions. If they just put out a hastily shot SE video that is done poorly, it may hinder sales more than help it. I also didn't think that the Buffalo Pinball gameplay video really helped them show off the gameplay or the excitement of the game well. I think they would be better served to show video from multiple angles (top down doesn't show off this game well) in an environment that shows off the games lighting and features in a positive manner. In these times of Covid where it's not easy for people to play these games in person, I think spending money to produce professionally shot videos are a necessity.

I agree Buffalo was a rough showing. Didn’t get me excited.

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

I'm would guess the profit made between the SE and LE are pretty similar. Still the same business costs no matter which model you are running at the time, cost is reduced out of the BOM

Probably $500 more to make a LE.

This is why Tesla took forever to sell the low price Model 3. They made way more profit on a $50K Model 3.

90% or more the SE is the same game as the LE. A decal costs the same if it’s a LE or SE doesn’t matter. A shaker may sell for $100 but may only cost $10 for JJP.

The SE you get more for your money, 90% of a full GnR for 70% of the price.

#242 3 years ago

$6750 is a great price for a JJP build game. I sold my Tron for $6700.

See this TWD premium loaded with mods was asking $6750

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104215

It’s just a nice price maybe you can slip it by the wife without too much bother. But almost $10K for an LE that’s seriously long money (almost 2x Stern pro).

#253 3 years ago

SE looks great, light show great. I love the 2 ramps rather than upper PF, still unsure about the gameplay/multi ball fever, my local arcade has an LE and will get AIQ so I will be able to play both and see which I prefer.

Don't care for the way EB can sometimes just happen (I'm sure it's qualified) but it looks like you are just shooting around and all the sudden an EB is dropped into play.

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Only time I saw it happen during the stream is when they started Throw The Lights or did the add a ball during a song. The standard doesn’t have the powerchord rules in it so I don’t think it uses virtual locks, but I could be wrong.

Yes could have been throw the lights, just doesn’t seem to be any fanfare or indication why. Just playing a ball and all the sudden another ball is thrown in. I’m just (to me) rather have more buildup.

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Better than a 10,000 paper weight which is what every pinball machine is after the novelty wears off.

I don’t buy pins because of the novelty. I’ve owned my Stern Potc for 14 years the novelty has been over for quite some time.

Maybe some people buy a pin because it’s the new flavor but not me. I could care less about the hype and novelty factor.

#342 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I agree, my point is that GnR is no more likely to "get old" than any other pin.

I’ll agree to that. I’m going to play GnR this weekend to see how it plays.

Initially I was blinded by the games presentation but the more I thought about it the more I realize I should be play before buying.

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

That goes with any pinball. You should always play it first. I just love GNR as a band so it was easy for me to buy this pin. Plus with the exclusive rights JJP has to do this pin, I knew it was going to be a great title. Along with Eric and Slash working side by side, easy choice!

But the CE sold out in one day. It’s impossible to play first. Same with Rick and Morty.

#360 3 years ago

I wish people could let it go (stop picking on the SE).

It’s not a competition where putting down the SE accomplished anything. I find (just imo) but upper PF games like GoT or BKSoR that I prefer the simpler and faster pro games sans upper PF and likely GnR will be similar where the SE (pro) is simple and faster than the LE/premium.

I read people putting down the SE, saying if you can’t afford the LE. Or the SE is missing way too much.

Why can’t someone buy an SE because they like it? Doesn’t mean they can’t afford an LE. I have tens of thousands dollars in pins pretty sure I can afford an LE but I might like the SE better or might like $2800 better for something else.

#399 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I think my dialed in is like 350

I think from moving my pins DI may weigh as much or more than Woz.

Spike 2 games are refreshingly light.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-seen-gnr-se-being-played?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.