76DCA6A7-000E-49F6-BDA3-7B17311338D7 (resized).jpeg
7F2091BE-4A46-4D06-BE82-A2E6CA97E199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201021-073619_Facebook (resized).jpg
2BAB20EE-12A7-4908-8880-D236F89F2977 (resized).jpeg
AD4B3286-65E5-4526-9FEC-DFD920CEBD68 (resized).jpeg
2jbcq1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
454E0ABC-99B8-4A00-A176-7EBB398D1D84 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Anyone know many games a week are they able to produce in the new place?

I’ve seen 100 per week from one source and 10 per day from another. Big difference there!

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

So the whole top left where the mini playfield is just empty in the SE? The ball does roll under that area on certain shots? Correct? If it has good rules and coding I'm still interested.

Yes the ball rolls under the stage for the left/right orbits. I bet the SE playfield is identical, just without the LE upper parts.

I wish they would have some player perspective photos.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Curious on this as well. I inquired in chat as to the lighting differences and according to Joe Katz the sole differences are missing mechanical stage lights and rgb vs white on the rails. Playfield lighting identical, so I would think closer than people make it out to be.
In my mind I am probably downplaying the importance of the rails, but only because I ordered the SE, and want to believe its amazing as well.

I’m sure the SE has an awesome light show, but there are some things that the RGB rails do that are really cool like the heartbeat on Coma and the flatline. They are incorporated well into the total light show.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For me, I Totally do not see the value in the extra lock. In 40 games I think I got the coma mode one time. Locking the ball on the left or in the ball chute to me makes no difference and the game play is Exactly the Same! Why people feel cheated on something so minimal is odd to me. I personally would not add any justification on the CE based on this simple lock.

Absolutely. Coma ball save isn’t common at all in the current code. Maybe they code it to be easier to qualify but currently it’s not qualified very much for me. I can check the audits I guess. And even if it happens more often, it’s not like you can’t play the mode. You just don’t see your ball in the infirmary waiting to be saved. From what Keith says there may be a light show in there also.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what is the power chord rule?

It’s a jackpot you can get for locking all balls in the guitar neck during songs. The SE doesn’t have that.

#89 3 years ago

Let’s see some scores! My best so far:

Also my best song jackpot was 8M on Patience today. Such a rush.

3B1E5384-2BA5-435A-A1F7-DF8E83238378 (resized).jpeg3B1E5384-2BA5-435A-A1F7-DF8E83238378 (resized).jpeg
#90 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Let’s see some scores! My best so far:
Also my best song jackpot was 8M on Patience today. Such a rush.
[quoted image]

Edit: whoops thought I was in the owners thread.

#93 3 years ago

For those buying the SE, GET A SHAKER! probably the best shaker integration I have seen.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can someone tell me how the left ramp is qualified to make it shot up the upper PF?
Like how often is it a regular ramp and how often a ramp to the upper PF? What determines when it’s a normal ramp vs diverted to upper PF?

If you have any band member qualified, the upper PF is available. In single ball play. Some modes don’t have it available some do.
But most of the time in single ball play it will go the the upper playfield. For the most part, songs always have it open. Locking balls up there is a satisfying shot.

#106 3 years ago

Just played Better. In single ball play, it doesn’t feed the upper PF. Not sure if that’s the case for all songs in single ball. I’ll look closer.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Theme hurt Wonka more than anything. JJP hopefully with this release might start tackling some more adult themes. Then its just a matter of time.
JJP#7 The Predator
I'm in on an LE unseen kind sir, but word on the street is Toy Story, come on man.

I do agree that picking themes that resonate better with the demographic (35-55) will lead to more excitement more sales. Toy Story is so strong a theme it will sell regardless, however. Will be interesting to see what Pat does.

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

He said himself it’s too easy.

Yes. That’s why he made JP harder. A bit of an over rotation if you ask me because JP can be frustrating. AIQ is a good balance.

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

this is your opinion, but some might prefer the left ramp shot may be more satisfying because it brings the ball right back into play.

The ball doesn't stay up there long at all. It comes right back into play. Physical locks are more fun than virtual IMO.

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure how making song modes into MBs and getting power chords will work on the SE though. I guess we will find soon enough.

There is NO Power Chord jackpot on the SE. JJP has stated that.

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Makes sense. Well now that I know the rules, that’s a bummer. Haha

It does. I'm sure the SE will be a great game in its own right. For me the LE features were more compelling.

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah it’s not a dream theme at all, so SE or nothing for me. Way too much money for the LE.
So if I get it I’ll live without that stuff. But a player like me loves stuff like power chord JPs.

Posted this in the hype thread:

If you want to have a huge song jackpot, you need to build the value of the song before you start it. You mainly do this two ways:

1. The 4 booster 2 ball multiballs (Pyro, Lights, Crowd, Amp). Think of these as the opening act of a concert. They are all stackable together so it can get crazy. If you do well in them, the song level (value) will be higher.

2. Locking as many balls as possible. You can see which band members have locked balls as their particular revolver insert between the flippers will be green. If you lock all 6 balls your song will have a high starting value.

When you start the song, you see the song level in the lower left of the big screen. 20 is low, 100 is good, 150 is amazing. You can build the song level as you play the song, but you want to start with as high a level as possible. People that don't know this will not usually get HUGE song jackpots.

chuckwurt The Power Chord Jackpots are nice, but the song jackpot is much more important. I think my max power chord is 4. That was pretty fun.

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

SE is missing the stand up target for 'lights' which is on the upper PF not sure what they're doing with that?

I remember JJP saying something about it, but can't remember if it was a stream or podcast. I *believe* they said you can spell lights with the left ramp??

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I assume the left ramp locks balls virtually, give bass guitar credit, and lights. Sounds like the SE will be way easier. Haha

Also you would collect patches much faster. Spelling GNR (left inlane) collects patches. Patch Sets (sets of like patches) have huge benefits.

1 week later
#319 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

No, this game looks NOTHING like a Stern. Not talking shit about Stern either, I love almost every Stern game ive played, but this game looks absolutely nothing like a Stern.
It feels like I am being biased, so ill say something negative. The flipper rubbers SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. Literally breaking apart after 30 games. Titans en route.

It’s not just the flipper rubber. They do suck complete ass, but the silicone rings around the slings will probably be almost broken after 200 plays if you don’t rotate the rings. Just complete crap. Put your order in now for backups.

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think it was a phenomenal decision to do this music pin the way they did. Instrumental riffs, with some custom slash music, followed by the real thing. It means you won’t hear nearly ever song the game has to offer in one or two plays like Maiden, ACDC, Aerosmith, Beatles...pretty much all the music pins are shove as many songs in one play as you can.
The way they implemented GNR will give it much more variety than any other music pin.

Absolutely this game is a masterpiece.

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

If somehow you could get the flow of the SE with the look of the LE id be all in.

You can. Disable the diverter!

Edit: never mind, that setting disables it in the down position.

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Are SEs in stock anywhere?

Yes. Jason at Classic Game Rooms has some.

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

According to their website, They’re out of stock.

He posted in stock photos yesterday to Facebook. I'd give him a call.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
Hardware
Pinball Haven

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-seen-gnr-se-being-played?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.