76DCA6A7-000E-49F6-BDA3-7B17311338D7 (resized).jpeg
7F2091BE-4A46-4D06-BE82-A2E6CA97E199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201021-073619_Facebook (resized).jpg
2BAB20EE-12A7-4908-8880-D236F89F2977 (resized).jpeg
AD4B3286-65E5-4526-9FEC-DFD920CEBD68 (resized).jpeg
2jbcq1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
454E0ABC-99B8-4A00-A176-7EBB398D1D84 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what is the power chord rule?

Locking balls during multiball. Then, when you’re down to one ball, you have a hurry up to place the last ball in the lock to collect a power chord jackpot. It’s very difficult but rewarding, My best is 3 balls - but this is only based on 7 games where I really only went for the power chord in the last few games.

That said, I was concerned on the mini pf gameplay and actually surprised i liked it. But, i liked it in other ways that some may not like. For instance, some left ramp shots go directly into the lock without any mini pf play, i like that a lot! Also, it’s quick and simple, no continuous play up there or bashing, it’s quick to make either of the two shots or drain. So it doesn’t slow down the game, and make it more inviting to me personally, as it increases the intensity to get a ball locked for multiball, or to lock balls for the power chord. The SE is just hit the left ramp for a virtual lock and no power chord rule.

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Maybe. I don't have any little bastards, so just hypothesizing.

Based on his comment, I’d say he doesn’t have kids either.

Me on the other hand, do have kids. You care for them 24/7, but you don’t surround them 24/7. Do i play dinosaurs with my son, yes. Do I do tea time with my daughter, hell yes. That doesn’t mean I’m going to supervise their every move and scold them when they leave a 4-player game of pinball running. My first world problems as a parent is my 3 yo daughter yelling ‘order a penis’ while we’re in the In n’ Out drive thru when I tell her I’m ordering our food. Or, my son running around naked in the house saying ‘I have a penis’ which my 3 yo daughter now thinks she has a penis too (which is probably why she’s trying to order a penis in the drive thru). That kind of shit is hilarious to me and those kind of moments you cherish and remember. You laugh with them while teaching them the ways of life. But, it has it’s flip side moments, like waking up aT 2am and staying up with Them for an hour+ because the ‘shadow monsters’ are going to pull her in. You’d be surprised what parents do and go through for their kids even if it doesn’t always show in public.

As for Pinball; the theme needs to resonate with me first and foremost. I’m not going to shelter my kids away from things like GNR or Iron Maiden. My daughter loves music and has her dance music but from time to time she’s like ‘I want to hear daddy’s rock n roll’ lol. I was never into, or even cared for legos as a kid. Both my kids love Legos and because of that, I do now too, big time! I love everything and anything lego now - The lego movies are awesome, all of them. They’re creative, funny as hell, entertaining and fun. I’d love for a JJP lego movie style pin. Toy Story on the other hand, i could care less. But, I have a friend my age who would absolutely love a toy story pin, and his kids are much older. Everybody has different tastes in this hobby and world, go figure.

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Based on whose comment? Mine? Your incorrect if you were referring to me.
Let get back to pinball talk.

I was. But I do apologize (I’m tired, it was another night of shadow monsters) Because first rule of parenting is not telling others how to parent. Unless it’s abusive, then you step in. And the point of my post was about pinball, or trying to be. with the point being that pinball themes for me personally, as a parent, is that it’s for me first and foremost. But family themes that do resonate well with me are a big bonus. Toy story does nothing for me, and I don’t think it’ll sell well; but I am wrong a lot and hope I’m wrong with it so it gives me time to save up enough money for JJP’s next hit (for me).

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wonka is better then Maiden any day and twice on Sunday!!!!Maiden is too easy!

Too easy? You’re not playing the right maiden.

AD4B3286-65E5-4526-9FEC-DFD920CEBD68 (resized).jpegAD4B3286-65E5-4526-9FEC-DFD920CEBD68 (resized).jpeg
#243 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Maybe even a 4th option.
Sales have FAR exceeded anything they have ever done, they cant even come close to keeping up with demand currently, so there is no motivation to market this game currently.
I mean the CE is sold out, the LE is selling like crazy, and im willing to bet the SE is also selling very well. I was told distributors are getting a fraction of what they requested on the SE, and we already know CE & LE were slim pickings.
They had a very well thought out launch for this game, and it paid off. I can see there motivation and energy being focused 100 percent on producing product currently.

Let’s go for option #5:
Demand far exceeded expectations and now they’re scrambling like headless chickens.

Paging option 6...

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How is the pyro one started since there is no upper playfield? Just a number of left ramps to start?

I thought pyro was started spelling pyro with the target behind the slash disc for both versions?

#264 3 years ago

I really like how the GNR lanes are more playable on the SE. don’t know if I’d miss the upper pf features, locks, and power chord JP.

#288 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

IMO, a lot of the wow factor is completely lacking on the SE. I checked out an LE stream right after to compare and there’s such a huge difference between the two. If price isn’t an issue, I can’t image why anyone would take an SE over an LE.

Going into the SE stream the other night, I had already played the LE and really loved it despite the game not setup the greatest (weak flippers). After watching the SE stream I was all ready to downgrade my order to an SE, especially if it gets me a game sooner (no idea if it would to be honest). But, I thought the SE stream looked awesome! I really enjoyed the lighting effects of the white hot rails, and it seemed like the board was easier to read on what to shoot for. That, coupled with the faster game play and how you can play the GNR lanes better with the left ramp, i was all set to go SE.

However, I went to play GNRLE at the same location tonight and the operator (and my distributor) had tinkered with the flippers and power settings since the last time i was out there. It played way better! I had much more fun this time around, really enjoying the left ramp and upper playfield gameplay. Also, I’ve learned more about the risk/reward of the locks and power chord rule since last time I played and really enjoyed physical locks. Long story short (too late), decided to keep my LE order based on playing the LE tonight. I’m a little suspect to how this game will do long term, but that’s pretty much all games.

All that said, my distributor will have an SE setup to play next week so hopefully I can get some time on it.

In short, i think both versions will be awesome to have/own/play.

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

How about not wanting to replace a ramp with an upper playfield in a game that is so multiball heavy? If the entrance to the upper was behind the pops or something maybe that would be more compelling.. but the LE literally replaces the ramp return with the playfield. Seems like a flow killer and a chore in multi ball (which appears to be most of the game)x

There’s a diverter. Code seems pretty good for it too, times where it goes up to the upper playfield, and other times it whips around. Plus, playing the upper playfield rules (power chord) during multiball is fun, you’re not always flailing but take 2 seconds to trap up and try to get a ball in the lock, then start flailing again. Good times.

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

TBH i wish GnR was more like IM in creativity of music modes and rules but that's just a personal issue and not an operator one

I think it was a phenomenal decision to do this music pin the way they did. Instrumental riffs, with some custom slash music, followed by the real thing. It means you won’t hear nearly ever song the game has to offer in one or two plays like Maiden, ACDC, Aerosmith, Beatles...pretty much all the music pins are shove as many songs in one play as you can.

The way they implemented GNR will give it much more variety than any other music pin.

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Please get better sound and video quality this time

I thought the video was great. Sound is restricted due to licensing assets.

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I guess that's the point. They all get old and the novelty wears off. But as so many agree the LE is where its at, and the added flow of the SE doesn't seem to make up for the big part of what makes this so hyped right now. The light show, beauty, and experience. I think JJP pulled too much of the SE. As for the Stern argument, there are pins with minimal fall off between the premium and pro. GoTG and TMNT are good examples. But people would argue, MET, AS, and JP as well and probably others. I've not seen a premium pin like GnR with this much difference from the "pro". Sorry to the JJP guys on here (and I have no loyalty to any brand) but ill take a 7600 premium AIQ vs a 6800 stripped GnR and fire up appetite for destruction on my home theater. To each his own. There will be plenty of LEs and SEs for sale next year at a discount, like every other pin except POTC.

Have you played AIQ? It’s a snooze fest Shoots great, but the code/music/sound/call outs/rules are very boring. That’s the problem when you launch a game too early, code can still save it. But man, is that game flat as is.

#366 3 years ago

Nooooo chuck noooooo...well yes I am, but nooooooo say it ain’t so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-seen-gnr-se-being-played?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.