76DCA6A7-000E-49F6-BDA3-7B17311338D7 (resized).jpeg
7F2091BE-4A46-4D06-BE82-A2E6CA97E199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201021-073619_Facebook (resized).jpg
2BAB20EE-12A7-4908-8880-D236F89F2977 (resized).jpeg
AD4B3286-65E5-4526-9FEC-DFD920CEBD68 (resized).jpeg
2jbcq1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
454E0ABC-99B8-4A00-A176-7EBB398D1D84 (resized).jpeg

There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I haven't been keeping up to date on the PF issues too much, are these rubber washers now?

Some sort of plastic.

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes. Jason at Classic Game Rooms has some.

According to their website, They’re out of stock.

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

According to their website, They’re out of stock.

He posted in stock photos yesterday to Facebook. I'd give him a call.

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But the CE sold out in one day. It’s impossible to play first. Same with Rick and Morty.

Then wait for it and get it used.

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I agree, my point is that GnR is no more likely to "get old" than any other pin.

I guess that's the point. They all get old and the novelty wears off. But as so many agree the LE is where its at, and the added flow of the SE doesn't seem to make up for the big part of what makes this so hyped right now. The light show, beauty, and experience. I think JJP pulled too much of the SE. As for the Stern argument, there are pins with minimal fall off between the premium and pro. GoTG and TMNT are good examples. But people would argue, MET, AS, and JP as well and probably others. I've not seen a premium pin like GnR with this much difference from the "pro". Sorry to the JJP guys on here (and I have no loyalty to any brand) but ill take a 7600 premium AIQ vs a 6800 stripped GnR and fire up appetite for destruction on my home theater. To each his own. There will be plenty of LEs and SEs for sale next year at a discount, like every other pin except POTC.

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I guess that's the point. They all get old and the novelty wears off. But as so many agree the LE is where its at, and the added flow of the SE doesn't seem to make up for the big part of what makes this so hyped right now. The light show, beauty, and experience. I think JJP pulled too much of it out of the SE. As for the Stern argument, there are pond with minimal fall off between the premium and pro. GoTG and TMNT are good examples. But people would argue, MET, AS, and JP as well. Ive not seem a premium pin like GnR with this much difference from the "pro". Sorry to the JJP guys on here (and I have no loyalty to any brand) but ill take for 7600 a premium AIQ vs a 6800 stripped GnR and fire up appetite for destruction on my home theater. To each his own. There will be plenty of LEs and SEs for sale next year at a discount, like every other pin except POTC.

Every single person that has played the SE says the lightshow and experience is 100% there. But to each there own, enjoy your AIQ.

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Every single person that has played the SE says the lightshow and experience is 100% there. But to each there own, enjoy your AIQ.

100% there compared to?

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Better than a 10,000 paper weight which is what every pinball machine is after the novelty wears off.

Oof. I'd recommend a different hobby. This one doesn't seem to suit you.

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Oof. I'd recommend a different hobby. This one doesn't seem to suit you.

oof I'd recommended some reading comprehension classes.

#360 3 years ago

I wish people could let it go (stop picking on the SE).

It’s not a competition where putting down the SE accomplished anything. I find (just imo) but upper PF games like GoT or BKSoR that I prefer the simpler and faster pro games sans upper PF and likely GnR will be similar where the SE (pro) is simple and faster than the LE/premium.

I read people putting down the SE, saying if you can’t afford the LE. Or the SE is missing way too much.

Why can’t someone buy an SE because they like it? Doesn’t mean they can’t afford an LE. I have tens of thousands dollars in pins pretty sure I can afford an LE but I might like the SE better or might like $2800 better for something else.

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wish people could let it go (stop picking on the SE).
It’s not a competition where putting down the SE accomplished anything. I find (just imo) but upper PF games like GoT or BKSoR that I prefer the simpler and faster pro games sans upper PF and likely GnR will be similar where the SE (pro) is simple and faster than the LE/premium.
I read people putting down the SE, saying if you can’t afford the LE. Or the SE is missing way too much.
Why can’t someone buy an SR because they like it? Doesn’t mean they can’t afford an LE. I have $70k in pins pretty sure I can afford an LE but I might like the SE better or might like $2800 better for something else.

Agreed. Anybody that can afford an SE can afford an LE, if not you really shouldn't be buying the SE. This is especially true if I have an extra 6 months of waiting for an LE to save up the 2800. I prefer the SE because my nature is to prefer the simpler distilled product. The idea of losing the left ramp 50+% of the time for a ball lock/vuk shot seems annoying. Having to pay attention to 4 flippers in a multiball heavy game seems annoying.

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I guess that's the point. They all get old and the novelty wears off. But as so many agree the LE is where its at, and the added flow of the SE doesn't seem to make up for the big part of what makes this so hyped right now. The light show, beauty, and experience. I think JJP pulled too much of the SE. As for the Stern argument, there are pins with minimal fall off between the premium and pro. GoTG and TMNT are good examples. But people would argue, MET, AS, and JP as well and probably others. I've not seen a premium pin like GnR with this much difference from the "pro". Sorry to the JJP guys on here (and I have no loyalty to any brand) but ill take a 7600 premium AIQ vs a 6800 stripped GnR and fire up appetite for destruction on my home theater. To each his own. There will be plenty of LEs and SEs for sale next year at a discount, like every other pin except POTC.

Have you played AIQ? It’s a snooze fest Shoots great, but the code/music/sound/call outs/rules are very boring. That’s the problem when you launch a game too early, code can still save it. But man, is that game flat as is.

#363 3 years ago

JJP should stop making SEs immediately and switch back to the higher margin games with much higher demand! If SEs are literally sitting on the shelf that should tell them something...

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

JJP should stop making SEs immediately and switch back to the higher margin games with much higher demand! If SEs are literally sitting on the shelf that should tell them something...

sitting on the shelf is a stretch. Most distros are sold out and JJPs site is sold out. Just because there are a couple of places with 1 machine in stock doesn't mean it's sitting on the shelf.

That being said I totally agree, that SEs shouldn't be made until LE and CE orders are fulfilled after this point.

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

But man, is that game flat as is.

You’re nuts.

#366 3 years ago

Nooooo chuck noooooo...well yes I am, but nooooooo say it ain’t so.

#367 3 years ago

GNR SE and AIQ pro are at the tippy top of my list right now. I can definitely see AIQ staying way longer.

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

There are no SEs sitting on the shelf.

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

There are no SEs sitting on the shelf.

This is true. SE's are stacked up with orders also.

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

This is true. SE's are stacked up with orders also.

Stop sharing all your Facts and reality this is Pinside! lol

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Stop sharing all your Facts and reality this is Pinside! lol

You make an excellent point Yelo
I probably should bail

#372 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

sitting on the shelf is a stretch. Most distros are sold out and JJPs site is sold out. Just because there are a couple of places with 1 machine in stock doesn't mean it's sitting on the shelf.
That being said I totally agree, that SEs shouldn't be made until LE and CE orders are fulfilled after this point.

Why, that could just lead to operators not getting their games to put on route (assuming more SEs are going to operators than CE/LEs)? It makes sense to build them in batches or however best to achieve manufacturing efficiencies without unduly delaying orders for one model or the other roughly as they were placed.

#373 3 years ago

My SE will be in my home Friday. Can’t wait to rock out

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from Brkuk:

My SE will be in my home Friday. Can’t wait to rock out

Please post pics or video with your impressions

#375 3 years ago

My distro called for remaining balance on my SE. Should have it early next week. And from the sounds of it, they’re spoken for as well. So all three models are showing demand.

#376 3 years ago

I saw the SE gameplay and I was impressed. Will be looking for one on the used market in a few months.

#377 3 years ago

I sold a high value game (SW LE) to get my GNR LE. If I didn’t have an option like that, I would have been SE all the way. It looks really fun. I look forward to playing it.

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I sold a high value game (SW LE) to get my GNR LE. If I didn’t have an option like that, I would have been SE all the way. It looks really fun. I look forward to playing it.

That’s was a good move.

#379 3 years ago

My game is coming tomorrow. Looks like I might have to unbox it while snowing but whatever!

#380 3 years ago

If anyone wants my spot at pinball star for $50. Deposit was $100. I’ll lose $50 but getting my game tomorrow. I’m next on shipments from pinball star. Message me

#381 3 years ago

After streaming the SE twice now.... I am officially sold on the SE. Welcome to the lineup.

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

My game is coming tomorrow. Looks like I might have to unbox it while snowing but whatever!

Carted mine through the backyard in pouring rain I was so excited. Refrigerator cart kept digging into the mud. Then had to take it down 5 steps to the basement from outside access.

Refused my wife’s help because she’s pregnant, and my back hurt for 3 days , but I’d do it all over again. Best of luck getting it setup!!!

Don’t do anything as stupid as I did .

#383 3 years ago

I decided to take my game around right after the rain without my friends help because I wanted to leave right when he got to my house.

WCS weighs a metric ton and my dolly tipped over and I dove underneath the game to cushion the fall. Not smart. Somehow I was able to get it back upright with it laying on top of me. Haha.

My whole body hurt that weekend we were at the Cleveland pinball show.

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I decided to take my game around right after the rain without my friends help because I wanted to leave right when he got to my house.
WCS weighs a metric ton and my dolly tipped over and I dove underneath the game to cushion the fall. Not smart. Somehow I was able to get it back upright with it laying on top of me. Haha.
My whole body hurt that weekend we were at the Cleveland pinball show.

Is this the one featured in the infamous photo of it laying in the grass?

#385 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I doubt there’s a picture of it. Not sure how there would be. Was I underneath it? I was able to get it off me while simultaneously standing it back upright. I don’t think anyone saw it but me and God. Haha

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Haha, I know exactly what you are talking about, forgot the name of the thread.

#387 3 years ago

Years ago I had to go over a( boulder garden lol ) to move a wh20... well the dolly tipped over on a rock and I dove under the pin to save it from certain damage. It hurt but I'd do it all over again

#388 3 years ago

Pb456 has a good idea of picking one up used in a few months. I think soon all models including the SE will be sold out for months. The demand for the game and considering their low output of units compared to Stern. Very soon they will have a very long waiting list.

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don’t think it’s supposed to snow much now. Congratulations by the way.

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I doubt there’s a picture of it. Not sure how there would be. Was I underneath it? I was able to get it off me while simultaneously standing it back upright. I don’t think anyone saw it but me and God. Haha

Did we not tell you about the Chuck cam we had installed in your yard??

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

After streaming the SE twice now.... I am officially sold on the SE. Welcome to the lineup.

I see your near St.Louis can you tell me the places to play a GnR in the area?My son lives around Kirkwood and we will be heading there soon.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I see your near St.Louis can you tell me the places to play a GnR in the area?My son lives around Kirkwood and we will be heading there soon.

Check out Larry’s place at the Escape room. Great selection St Louis

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I'm actually in St. Charles, IL which is a suburb of Chicago. But sounds like Larry's place is where it's at down in STL! Drop me a pm if you are ever up in Chicago, you are welcome to come play GNR.

#394 3 years ago
CA8728C9-144C-4F83-8771-1EAB59722FD7 (resized).jpegCA8728C9-144C-4F83-8771-1EAB59722FD7 (resized).jpeg
#395 3 years ago

Anyone have any idea how heavy a GnR SE is? I have one being delivered next week and my groin already hurts thinking about when I had to move Hobbit and POTC. Hoping that since it is a standard body without an upper playfield or extra mechs it might weigh a reasonable amount.

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Anyone have any idea how heavy a GnR SE is? I have one being delivered next week and my groin already hurts thinking about when I had to move Hobbit and POTC. Hoping that since it is a standard body without an upper playfield or extra mechs it might weigh a reasonable amount.

My shipping info says 340 pounds. My guess is 290-310 once you remove the palate

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

My shipping info says 340 pounds. My guess is 290-310 once you remove the palate

Lol, and Spike game is 210. Guess I’ll need an extra set of hands when mine shows up.

#398 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Lol, and Spike game is 210. Guess I’ll need an extra set of hands when mine shows up.

I think my dialed in is like 350

#399 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I think my dialed in is like 350

I think from moving my pins DI may weigh as much or more than Woz.

Spike 2 games are refreshingly light.

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

I'm actually in St. Charles, IL which is a suburb of Chicago. But sounds like Larry's place is where it's at down in STL! Drop me a pm if you are ever up in Chicago, you are welcome to come play GNR.

Sorry about that I was thinking you were in St Charles Mo.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Easton, MA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
Plastics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-seen-gnr-se-being-played/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.