76DCA6A7-000E-49F6-BDA3-7B17311338D7 (resized).jpeg
7F2091BE-4A46-4D06-BE82-A2E6CA97E199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201021-073619_Facebook (resized).jpg
2BAB20EE-12A7-4908-8880-D236F89F2977 (resized).jpeg
AD4B3286-65E5-4526-9FEC-DFD920CEBD68 (resized).jpeg
2jbcq1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
454E0ABC-99B8-4A00-A176-7EBB398D1D84 (resized).jpeg
There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Man...that was a disappointing stream.
CE foul-ups, game orders backed up being shipped, playfields seemingly pooling, and a really underwhelming fairly barren SE being streamed have really taken the wind out of the sails for me, for this game.
These streams need to cap off at 30-60 minutes. The energy just fizzles, and this one in particular seemed really low energy.
The white hotrails lose so much via no color changing, and no spotlights, the entire concert atmosphere seems more like a wet thud than a hard rock smash that the LE brings.
Game seems stripped to near Stern Pro levels, though the guys streaming incessantly said otherwise, and how little of a difference there was, over and over and over again. Yeesh. Seriously guys?
Even though I really don't like the upper playfield much, removing it and the bass and guitar necks AND the spotlights and color hotrails remove nearly all of the underglass excitement.
If JJP was stripping so much, they clearly could have put more than that weird empty, raptor Stern type plastics up there along with Axl.
Wonka SE is a far, far fuller game, sadly.

As you haven’t played it a suppose that’s your opinion. I actually surprisingly found the SE was rather well done and worthy of its price point. Do love the LE package myself but don’t have much bad to say about the SE or those considering it. As for the length and quality of the stream. It’s Pinball! We’re you expecting a theatrical performance? Lol. They do this for Fun to provide what everyone was asking for not an Emmy. Watch for 4 minutes or 40 that’s up to you. I sincerely appreciate players taking the time and cost out of their day to provide evaluation content. I’ll catch a Circus if I want to be Entertained. Watching pinball is not for everyone but it Does help assess a viable major purchase.

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

These streams need to cap off at 30-60 minutes.

Haha. I will never understand this. Just turn it off after 30 mins.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As you haven’t played it a suppose that’s your opinion. I actually surprisingly found the SE was rather well done and worthy of its price point. Do love the LE package myself but don’t have much bad to say about the SE or those considering it. As for the length and quality of the stream. It’s Pinball! We’re you expecting a theatrical performance? Lol. They do this for Fun to provide what everyone was asking for not an Emmy. Watch for 4 minutes or 40 that’s up to you. I sincerely appreciate players taking the time and cost out of their day to provide evaluation content. I’ll catch a Circus if I want to be Entertained. Watching pinball is not for everyone but it Does help assess a viable major purchase.

Well, like...sure. Almost everything is an opinion on here! (I enjoy the site more when it's more helpful information based frankly, but for me my experience is low, so just another b.s. time wasting opinion here.)

I'd rather pay more at the $7500 option to get some features back, like maybe the guitar lock and color hotrails. This just has so much of the game neutered, and seemingly code/asset/lcd reliant. I can't be happy about that, and it definitely pushes this game more towards LE or bust territory, for ME, for sure. But I'm not buying anything until these pooling issues are corrected. (Don't really "need" more games anyway.)

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. I will never understand this. Just turn it off after 30 mins.

I did!

Well, kinda. Was cooking sausages in the background.

Karl from IE Pinball is incredible in his demonstrative abilities. Jack is pretty engaging, and has a personality with energy and wit, even though the schtick wears on me afterawhile. The Buffalo folks kinda fall nicely between.

Sorry, but I just don't understand streams that are dull, lifeless, drone on, and lack compelling information. Not everyone needs to stream, act, direct, create music, etc. Just because you technically can, doesn't make a product interesting or compelling, and streams like this represent a brand. They ARE advertising, and man...with the "SE is so packed!!!" mantra over and over again, it surely was advertising based, and hopefully not the genuine opinions of these guys.

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

CE foul-ups, game orders backed up being shipped, playfields seemingly pooling, and a really underwhelming fairly barren SE being streamed have really taken the wind out of the sails for me, for this game.
These streams need to cap off at 30-60 minutes. The energy just fizzles, and this one in particular seemed really low energy.
The white hotrails lose so much via no color changing, and no spotlights, the entire concert atmosphere seems more like a wet thud than a hard rock smash that the LE brings.
Game seems stripped to near Stern Pro levels, though the guys streaming incessantly said otherwise, and how little of a difference there was, over and over and over again. Yeesh. Seriously guys?
Even though I really don't like the upper playfield much, removing it and the bass and guitar necks AND the spotlights and color hotrails remove nearly all of the underglass excitement.
If JJP was stripping so much, they clearly could have put more than that weird empty, raptor Stern type plastics up there along with Axl.

Wonka SE is a winner!

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Wonka SE is a winner!

I'm most tempted by that, value wise, more than anything currently out! Maybe a JP2 Pro too!

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The streams for this game, and many other games dont even begin to tell the whole story in my opinion. For example every stream I have seen made the hotrails (rgb or not) look incredibly annoying. All I know is the SE is a site to be seen in person.

If you are looking for a ton of mechs and ball locks, the SE isnt for you. It really is that simple. If you want a bad ass game with deep code, great shots, a light show that is second to none, and plenty of moments, this is it. Its a killer contrast to my other games and I couldnt be happier. The only thing I want that I dont have are the mechanical stage lights. For 6750 bucks, I feel like I got a bargain.

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm most tempted by that, value wise, more than anything currently out! Maybe a JP2 Pro too!

I was SO tempted by Wonka, but my wife HATED, utterly detested the sounds haha. I love my JP Pro, even though Ill probably never see Escape Nublar , but thats part of the fun.

#308 3 years ago

This is the first time you’re seeing JJP truly strip a game down like Stern does with their Pro’s. The concert feel is completely missing with the SE. Looks like it could pass for a Stern.

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

This is the first time you’re seeing JJP truly strip a game down like Stern does with their Pro’s. The concert feel is completely missing with the SE. Looks like it could pass for a Stern.

It’s still better than a Stern. JMO

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

It’s still better than a Stern. JMO

Stern's kissin' cousin.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

That’s not what anyone who has actually played the game says. What does an upper playfield have to do with a concert feel? It looks like the SE has more lights in the upper play field area which might even enhance the light show. Not to mention the illuminated guitar that was turned off for the stream....

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

No, this game looks NOTHING like a Stern. Not talking shit about Stern either, I love almost every Stern game ive played, but this game looks absolutely nothing like a Stern.

It feels like I am being biased, so ill say something negative. The flipper rubbers SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. Literally breaking apart after 30 games. Titans en route.

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

No, this game looks NOTHING like a Stern. Not talking shit about Stern either, I love almost every Stern game ive played, but this game looks absolutely nothing like a Stern.
It feels like I am being biased, so ill say something negative. The flipper rubbers SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. Literally breaking apart after 30 games. Titans en route.

Could you share a couple of pics of the game?

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Could you share a couple of pics of the game?

Yes more pics please

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Note on these games (I suspect excess inventory) they did use old school tradition rubber on the flippers. Silicone on the rest of the game. First part changed for me.

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

1. it also costs $750 more.
2. Its a visual mess from a graphics and animation point of view compared to GnR
3. GnR is more of a pinball concert experience than a deep rule game. Its more suited for an arcade cranked up loud with a few beers. Wonka is more of a home game.

I own a Wonka SE and purchased a GnR SE.

#317 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

TBH i wish GnR was more like IM in creativity of music modes and rules but that's just a personal issue and not an operator one

As far as rubbers Ill replace them all with black ones

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

TBH i wish GnR was more like IM in creativity of music modes and rules but that's just a personal issue and not an operator one

I think it was a phenomenal decision to do this music pin the way they did. Instrumental riffs, with some custom slash music, followed by the real thing. It means you won’t hear nearly ever song the game has to offer in one or two plays like Maiden, ACDC, Aerosmith, Beatles...pretty much all the music pins are shove as many songs in one play as you can.

The way they implemented GNR will give it much more variety than any other music pin.

#319 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

It’s not just the flipper rubber. They do suck complete ass, but the silicone rings around the slings will probably be almost broken after 200 plays if you don’t rotate the rings. Just complete crap. Put your order in now for backups.

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think it was a phenomenal decision to do this music pin the way they did. Instrumental riffs, with some custom slash music, followed by the real thing. It means you won’t hear nearly ever song the game has to offer in one or two plays like Maiden, ACDC, Aerosmith, Beatles...pretty much all the music pins are shove as many songs in one play as you can.
The way they implemented GNR will give it much more variety than any other music pin.

Absolutely this game is a masterpiece.

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Its different which is fine. I still feel like its more of a flash in the pan and not a game a pinball player home owner will keep for a long time. Perfect for an operator. IM reminds me more of playing my Twilight Zone as doing well requires very good knowledge of rules punishing bad choices. IM is more of a music journey and GnR is a concert and both can exist but I would love to see GnR done by Keith Elwin. Happy to have both in my arcade but I'd keep IM in my home collection over GnR.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

It means you won’t hear nearly ever song the game has to offer in one or two plays like Maiden, ACDC, Aerosmith, Beatles...pretty much all the music pins are shove as many songs in one play as you can.

With how brutal IM is most people wont hear a full song regardless. GnR is a shallow game rules wise compared to Iron Maiden which is not a knock to the game I think its going to be played by casual players way more than hardcore players.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Variety is debatable. Sure you have quite a bit of songs but there is no theme to the songs themselves. they are all shoot flashy lights. Each song mode in IM is creative and forces you to hit shots to might avoid. Every Target and Shot is used in a meaningful way that ties into the song mode. Getting Jackpots in any IM multiball requires work and completing a mode requires more skill than surviving time. I am happy to see that GnR is breaking the mold of using a 27 inch screen for an information dump and just putting on a show. I want to see them go further with this going foward.

I think it will have many full cash pans for me and thats all that matters.

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This!! I was so happy the songs only play when you go into the mode. This is the one thing I HATE about my Maiden. Well, and the auto plunger shot never working right on ball lock. so annoying.

#323 3 years ago

Maiden isn’t a music pin, it’s a monster pin with a maiden sound track. Awesome game but apples oranges compared to GnR.

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Maiden isn’t a music pin, it’s a monster pin with a maiden sound track. Awesome game but apples oranges compared to GnR.

I agree but both are also share names based on their tours That being said If JJP can provide a way for me to switch the video feed to just show the concert animations I would be happy as they look amazing.

The average customer just wants to flip flippers to their favorite songs. I cant wait for JJP to implement the code for a player to just play a full song instead of three balls. Just give operators the option to select which songs are available to this mode as charging $1 plus for a 10 minute song wouldnt be ideal.

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

I agree but both are also share names based on their tours That being said If JJP can provide a way for me to switch the video feed to just show the concert animations I would be happy as they look amazing.
The average customer just wants to flip flippers to their favorite songs. I cant wait for JJP to implement the code for a player to just play a full song instead of three balls. Just give operators the option to select which songs are available to this mode as charging $1 plus for a 10 minute song wouldnt be ideal.

Maiden is actually based on the video game of the same name. I think they made a wise choice there. Going in, I only knew one tune in the game, Run to the Hills. While playing it, I actually grew to enjoy the music quite a bit and I really dig the different Eddies theme elements. Looking forward to playing a GNR at some point. Haven't really been playing location pin since COVID

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Maiden is actually based on the video game of the same name. I think they made a wise choice there. Going in, I only knew one tune in the game, Run to the Hills. While playing it, I actually grew to enjoy the music quite a bit and I really dig the different Eddies theme elements. Looking forward to playing a GNR at some point. Haven't really been playing location pin since COVID

Both bands still had tours that have machines with that name. I became a fan of IM because of the pinball machine. To say that GnR doesnt try a monster theme isnt looking at the SE and CE art and wizard modes. Cant wait to have my SE in my location.

#327 3 years ago

We are going to stream the SE again tonight at 6:00 pm (CDT) on the FlipNOut Pinball Twitch channel. Come back for a second look.

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

We are going to stream the SE again tonight at 6:00 pm (CDT) on the FlipNOut Pinball Twitch channel. Come back for a second look.

Please get better sound and video quality this time

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Please get better sound and video quality this time

I thought the video was great. Sound is restricted due to licensing assets.

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

I streamed the game at full volume on location and nothing happened during the stream, but portions of it were muted on the VOD. YMMV though I guess.

#331 3 years ago

Love GnR.. im not impressed with the SE. Its exactly what I expected at 3k less than the beautiful LE. Its meh.. no question, go LE. And I worry that when the light show fades and lack of real ball interaction sets in, it will be a really cool GnR jukebox requiring u too shoot at stuff to start a song versus putting a couple quarters in and selecting a song. I wanted this to be awesome.. but its a lot of lights, and nothing really new. Idk.. im sure its great, but I'm just not excited about it and fat axl. Not my GnR. Ill wait until when the next greatest pin of all time comes out and snag an LE for 8k because I'll still have to add one to the collection. Just can't jump on the bandwagon.

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Love GnR.. im not impressed with the SE. Its exactly what I expected at 3k less than the beautiful LE. Its meh.. no question, go LE. And I worry that when the light show fades and lack of real ball interaction sets in, it will be a really cool GnR jukebox requiring u too shoot at stuff to start a song versus putting a couple quarters in and selecting a song. I wanted this to be awesome.. but its a lot of lights, and nothing really new. Idk.. im sure its great, but I'm just not excited about it and fat axl. Not my GnR. Ill wait until when the next greatest pin of all time comes out and snag an LE for 8k because I'll still have to add one to the collection. Just can't jump on the bandwagon.

F592B406-FD83-4583-A0B6-1D676B4068C6 (resized).pngF592B406-FD83-4583-A0B6-1D676B4068C6 (resized).png
#333 3 years ago

My friend got his SE. Washers were installed.

3EEFD942-F43C-47D0-9450-2DF9B479E625 (resized).jpeg3EEFD942-F43C-47D0-9450-2DF9B479E625 (resized).jpeg576BFDF4-9763-468F-BBB5-02AF03322517 (resized).jpeg576BFDF4-9763-468F-BBB5-02AF03322517 (resized).jpeg
#334 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I actually fear the opposite... That once the initial wow factor of the beautiful upper playfield wears thin I’m going to start wishing I just had that left ramp all the time so I can rock out/flow out to the game. It happens in every game I’ve Played with a highly used ramp diverter...

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I actually fear the opposite... That once the initial wow factor of the beautiful upper playfield wears thin I’m going to start wishing I just had that left ramp all the time so I can rock out/flow out to the game. It happens in every game I’ve Played with a highly used ramp diverter...

Good point.. maybe that's why I struggle. I do like the flow of the SE just seems like so much is missing when you compare the SE to LE. If somehow you could get the flow of the SE with the look of the LE id be all in.

#336 3 years ago

I want to play it and experience it, but I don’t necessarily need to own a $10,000 GNR juke box which is what I feel it’s going to be after the novelty wears off.

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I want to play it and experience it, but I don’t necessarily need to own a $10,000 GNR juke box which is what I feel it’s going to be after the novelty wears off.

Better than a 10,000 paper weight which is what every pinball machine is after the novelty wears off.

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Better than a 10,000 paper weight which is what every pinball machine is after the novelty wears off.

Not really, I have all Stern premiums and none were close to $10k

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Not really, I have all Stern premiums and none were close to $10k

$7500 paper weight, good value.

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don’t buy pins because of the novelty. I’ve owned my Stern Potc for 14 years the novelty has been over for quite some time.

Maybe some people buy a pin because it’s the new flavor but not me. I could care less about the hype and novelty factor.

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don’t buy pins because of the novelty. I’ve owned my Stern Potc for 14 years the novelty has been over for quite some time.
Maybe some people buy a pin because it’s the new flavor but not me. I could care less about the hype and novelty factor.

I agree, my point is that GnR is no more likely to "get old" than any other pin.

#342 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I agree, my point is that GnR is no more likely to "get old" than any other pin.

I’ll agree to that. I’m going to play GnR this weekend to see how it plays.

Initially I was blinded by the games presentation but the more I thought about it the more I realize I should be play before buying.

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ll agree to that. I’m going to play GnR this weekend to see how it plays.
Initially I was blinded by the games presentation but the more I thought about it the more I realize I should be play before buying.

That goes with any pinball. You should always play it first. I just love GNR as a band so it was easy for me to buy this pin. Plus with the exclusive rights JJP has to do this pin, I knew it was going to be a great title. Along with Eric and Slash working side by side, easy choice!

#344 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

$7500 paper weight, good value.

Haha well played sir!

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

If somehow you could get the flow of the SE with the look of the LE id be all in.

You can. Disable the diverter!

Edit: never mind, that setting disables it in the down position.

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

That goes with any pinball. You should always play it first. I just love GNR as a band so it was easy for me to buy this pin. Plus with the exclusive rights JJP has to do this pin, I knew it was going to be a great title. Along with Eric and Slash working side by side, easy choice!

But the CE sold out in one day. It’s impossible to play first. Same with Rick and Morty.

#347 3 years ago

My SE is shipping today, as soon as I get it ill post a plethora of pics if no one else has by then.

#348 3 years ago

Are SEs in stock anywhere?

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My friend got his SE. Washers were installed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I haven't been keeping up to date on the PF issues too much, are these rubber washers now?

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Are SEs in stock anywhere?

Yes. Jason at Classic Game Rooms has some.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 11,000.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-seen-gnr-se-being-played/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.