76DCA6A7-000E-49F6-BDA3-7B17311338D7 (resized).jpeg
7F2091BE-4A46-4D06-BE82-A2E6CA97E199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201021-073619_Facebook (resized).jpg
2BAB20EE-12A7-4908-8880-D236F89F2977 (resized).jpeg
AD4B3286-65E5-4526-9FEC-DFD920CEBD68 (resized).jpeg
2jbcq1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
454E0ABC-99B8-4A00-A176-7EBB398D1D84 (resized).jpeg
There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

It's gonna be a good time. I will be there.

#252 3 years ago

Haha the irony of giving away a signed upper playfield during the SE stream...

#253 3 years ago

SE looks great, light show great. I love the 2 ramps rather than upper PF, still unsure about the gameplay/multi ball fever, my local arcade has an LE and will get AIQ so I will be able to play both and see which I prefer.

Don't care for the way EB can sometimes just happen (I'm sure it's qualified) but it looks like you are just shooting around and all the sudden an EB is dropped into play.

#254 3 years ago

SE looks like a really good game at that price. Great light show. Well done JJP!

#255 3 years ago

Thirding the SE looking fantastic. Soft plunge still blegh but I am a much more into the game now. The guitar neck shot looks super fun, like reverse Deadpool katana ramp, and I don't recall seeing it play that nicely on the LE streams. Not sure this is NIB for me but definitely on the wishlist for someday unless we get releases from bands I prefer.

Also, I am coming around on the multiball. There are so many opportunities to add a ball when you drain that I think you can just chill and be a little less frenetic if you need to. I think I could actually use a game like this to get better at multiball on other machines (although the cradling penalty might say otherwise).

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

SE looks great, light show great. I love the 2 ramps rather than upper PF, still unsure about the gameplay/multi ball fever, my local arcade has an LE and will get AIQ so I will be able to play both and see which I prefer.
Don't care for the way EB can sometimes just happen (I'm sure it's qualified) but it looks like you are just shooting around and all the sudden an EB is dropped into play.

Only time I saw it happen during the stream is when they started Throw The Lights or did the add a ball during a song. The standard doesn’t have the powerchord rules in it so I don’t think it uses virtual locks, but I could be wrong.

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Only time I saw it happen during the stream is when they started Throw The Lights or did the add a ball during a song. The standard doesn’t have the powerchord rules in it so I don’t think it uses virtual locks, but I could be wrong.

It does. Just doesn’t do them for power chord.

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Yes could have been throw the lights, just doesn’t seem to be any fanfare or indication why. Just playing a ball and all the sudden another ball is thrown in. I’m just (to me) rather have more buildup.

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from Choppe1:

Someone has never listened to One in a Million....

Uh, I was just goofing around with the guy neither one of us is the type to get offense over stupid stuff.

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes could have been throw the lights, just doesn’t seem to be any fanfare or indication why. Just playing a ball and all the sudden another ball is thrown in. I’m just (to me) rather have more buildup.

4 extra mini-multiballs come from different accomplishments unrelated to songs. Throw the lights is one of them and is 2-ball. Light the flames is another.

#261 3 years ago

How is the pyro one started since there is no upper playfield? Just a number of left ramps to start?

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How is the pyro one started since there is no upper playfield? Just a number of left ramps to start?

I thought pyro was started spelling pyro with the target behind the slash disc for both versions?

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I thought pyro was started spelling pyro with the target behind the slash disc for both versions?

Them whatever one is started from the upper playfield target. Haha

#264 3 years ago

I really like how the GNR lanes are more playable on the SE. don’t know if I’d miss the upper pf features, locks, and power chord JP.

#265 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Them whatever one is started from the upper playfield target. Haha

Throw the lights. I am not certain but it is definitely in the code on the SE.

#266 3 years ago

I think I’ll be more than happy with a SE thankfully.

AIQ pro and this are at the top of my list.

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Having played mine a few games now I can honestly say I feel silly for believing I would regret not having the rgb side rails, because I don’t.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m SURE they add something, but the SE in a dark arcade / basement is more than enough light show for anyone, it’s incredible. Actually, I now believe the all white lights add a kick ass concert feel.

I feel like I need to take my contacts out, because they feel dried out. It may be from something else... but the light shows are like the circus, in tents.

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Having played mine a few games now I can honestly say I feel silly for believing I would regret not having the rgb side rails, because I don’t.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m SURE they add something, but the SE in a dark arcade / basement is more than enough light show for anyone, it’s incredible. Actually, I now believe the all white lights add a kick ass concert feel.
I feel like I need to take my contacts out, because they feel dried out. It may be from something else... but the light shows are like the circus, in tents.

I'm glad to hear you are digging the SE. If we were going to buy one that would certainly be our pick.

#269 3 years ago

Had to rewatch (the stream) on the big tv. I like what I saw.

76DCA6A7-000E-49F6-BDA3-7B17311338D7 (resized).jpeg76DCA6A7-000E-49F6-BDA3-7B17311338D7 (resized).jpeg
#270 3 years ago

Glad to see that the lighting effects are still there. Cant wait to unbox ours at our arcade.

#271 3 years ago

I was very impressed with the SE, I would love to put one at my local brewery. Looks like a great game

#272 3 years ago

Did I see a different stream?
I was a bit bummed.

Where the white stripes broken?

I thought the LEDs would still be individually controlled.

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Did I see a different stream?
I was a bit bummed.
Where the white stripes broken?
I thought the LEDs would still be individually controlled.

I agree about the side rails... are they just gimping that with code? It seems like they should be animated just like the RGB ones, otherwise they should sell the LE lights as animated and SE as static... maybe the code just isn’t complete in that regard? Hope so.... otherwise I’m not sure I would even call them “hot rails” on the SE

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I agree about the side rails... are they just gimping that with code? It seems like they should be animated just like the RGB ones, otherwise they should sell the LE lights as animated and SE as static... maybe the code just isn’t complete in that regard? Hope so....

Well just watched the Stream a bit more „they‘re still interactive“...ly dimming and lighting up with the code, but no animation.
No sparkling in Live and Let die and no shooter lane animation at all.

It still is a goregous machine but this was communicated wrong imho.

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well just watched the Stream a bit more „they‘re still interactive“...ly dimming and lighting up with the code, but no animation.
No sparkling in Live and Let die and no shooter lane animation at all.
It still is a goregous machine but this was communicated wrong imho.

I put down a $1000 non refundable deposit thinking that the only difference was the color - as stated by JJP. It’s completely deceptive to not animate them like the LE version

#276 3 years ago

Looking again I don’t care that they aren’t individually controlled, it’s just that the coding sucks right now for a lot of it. If you look at 3:28:55 you can see a better example of how it can be coded to look awesome (having the bars pulsate to the music). Like right now they don’t even have the bars fading on off for a lot of it. 3:30:55 is another example of it looking good.. coding issue

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Looking again I don’t care that they aren’t individually controlled, it’s just that the coding sucks right now for a lot of it. If you look at 3:28:55 you can see a better example of how it can be coded to look awesome (having the bars pulsate to the music). Like right now they don’t even have the bars fading on off for a lot of it. 3:30:55 is another example of it looking good.. coding issue

Dimming is still a different thing then animating the thing trough individually controllable LEDs.

Every GI bulb dims, here it‘s just a whole strip.

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Dimming is still a different thing then animating the thing trough individually controllable LEDs.

I understand that, I’m saying that I can live with non individually controlled leds as long as the coding for the bar is great

#279 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I put down a $1000 non refundable deposit thinking that the only difference was the color - as stated by JJP. It’s completely deceptive to not animate them like the LE version

Trust me, in person you’ll never even remember rgb rails even exist. Light show is 10/10 regardless

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Trust me, in person you’ll never even remember rgb rails even exist. Light show is 10/10 regardless

I was completely sold on the LE until last nights stream. Now, I’m already trying to figure out what game I’m gonna get with the 3k I’ll save getting the standard.

#281 3 years ago

IMO, a lot of the wow factor is completely lacking on the SE. I checked out an LE stream right after to compare and there’s such a huge difference between the two. If price isn’t an issue, I can’t image why anyone would take an SE over an LE.

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

IMO, a lot of the wow factor is completely lacking on the SE. I checked out an LE stream right after to compare and there’s such a huge difference between the two. If price isn’t an issue, I can’t image why anyone would take an SE over an LE.

I completely agree. You're dropping 7k already and not getting the full lightshow? You might not think white is boring when you first get the SE but a month later you're saying damn, I want the real lightshow and still dropped 7k? Absolute no brainer. LE all day.

#283 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I completely agree. You're dropping 7k already and not getting the full lightshow? You might not think white is boring when you first get the SE but a month later you're saying damn, I want the real lightshow and still dropped 7k? Absolute no brainer. LE all day.

I'm not sure the upper Playfield adds anything from the streams. Yeah it's cool LOOKING, but overall, $3K for cool looking and some lights is hella aggressive.

If there was no center scoop and the skill shot wasn't so disappointing, I'd be in on an SE easily.

#284 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

You are going based off a stream. I thought Avengers IQ looked boring on stream but after purchasing one for my arcade and playing it I think its a fun shooter. I recommend playing one on location and then forming an opinion. Feel free to trek down to south texas to try ours when we get our SE

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

If price isn’t an issue, I can’t image why anyone would take an SE over an LE.

05CC8D1A-D6DC-47C3-BF09-466DF35EAB7C (resized).png05CC8D1A-D6DC-47C3-BF09-466DF35EAB7C (resized).png
#286 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Many that have seen the LE rails IRL has said that they were more muted and not as big a focus point as videos make it seem. At the same time those that have played the SE say the light show is still mind blowing....yea, maybe you’re only getting 90% of the light show but it’s still incredible.

What the stream did show me is that the SE plays faster and smoother. Sorry but an upper playfield on a game that is so multi ball heavy sounds like a chore.

I have no interest in an LE, I’m only considering the SE because It’s the game that I think will play better. The fact that it’s under 7k is nice but not the primary factor for me. The LE just doesn’t interest me.

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

[quoted image]

How about not wanting to replace a ramp with an upper playfield in a game that is so multiball heavy? If the entrance to the upper was behind the pops or something maybe that would be more compelling.. but the LE literally replaces the ramp return with the playfield. Seems like a flow killer and a chore in multi ball (which appears to be most of the game)x

#288 3 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Going into the SE stream the other night, I had already played the LE and really loved it despite the game not setup the greatest (weak flippers). After watching the SE stream I was all ready to downgrade my order to an SE, especially if it gets me a game sooner (no idea if it would to be honest). But, I thought the SE stream looked awesome! I really enjoyed the lighting effects of the white hot rails, and it seemed like the board was easier to read on what to shoot for. That, coupled with the faster game play and how you can play the GNR lanes better with the left ramp, i was all set to go SE.

However, I went to play GNRLE at the same location tonight and the operator (and my distributor) had tinkered with the flippers and power settings since the last time i was out there. It played way better! I had much more fun this time around, really enjoying the left ramp and upper playfield gameplay. Also, I’ve learned more about the risk/reward of the locks and power chord rule since last time I played and really enjoyed physical locks. Long story short (too late), decided to keep my LE order based on playing the LE tonight. I’m a little suspect to how this game will do long term, but that’s pretty much all games.

All that said, my distributor will have an SE setup to play next week so hopefully I can get some time on it.

In short, i think both versions will be awesome to have/own/play.

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

How about not wanting to replace a ramp with an upper playfield in a game that is so multiball heavy? If the entrance to the upper was behind the pops or something maybe that would be more compelling.. but the LE literally replaces the ramp return with the playfield. Seems like a flow killer and a chore in multi ball (which appears to be most of the game)x

There’s a diverter. Code seems pretty good for it too, times where it goes up to the upper playfield, and other times it whips around. Plus, playing the upper playfield rules (power chord) during multiball is fun, you’re not always flailing but take 2 seconds to trap up and try to get a ball in the lock, then start flailing again. Good times.

#290 3 years ago

People should stop comparing the different models. Sounds like a lot of guys have money issues. Get the model you can afford. All three models are great. This one has this and this one has that and I can save 2800 bucks. At least to me that sounds like you can’t afford the LE and you are trying to justify the difference. Just my thoughts. Carry on.

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There’s a diverter. Code seems pretty good for it too, times where it goes up to the upper playfield, and other times it whips around. Plus, playing the upper playfield rules (power chord) during multiball is fun, you’re not always flailing but take 2 seconds to trap up and try to get a ball in the lock, then start flailing again. Good times.

I know there is a diverter, just seems like you lose the ramp 75% of the time. Im not saying the LE is bad, just doesn’t appeal to me.

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Possibly wrong here but when they showed the machine setup it Appears they were using those SPF 9000 Pinstadium lights on the playfield over the glass which I suspect really toned down the lighting effects which Is the primary function of this game. Not positive but that did look like the setup as they were sponsored..... This game has a Ton of light already and when it dims it explodes with feature lights.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

People should stop comparing the different models. Sounds like a lot of guys have money issues. Get the model you can afford. All three models are great. This one has this and this one has that and I can save 2800 bucks. At least to me that sounds like you can’t afford the LE and you are trying to justify the difference. Just my thoughts. Carry on.

Anyone with money issues shouldn't buy either version - haha

But seriously the SE does appear to be a nice option to have with the lower price point. After playing the LE, to say the lightshow with white went be missed is a stretch but hey go for it that makes sense to that individual.

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The SE has a full light show. Having the game and seeing it (not on stream) I can say even if you could swap out the rails as a mod I wouldn’t even bother. Not after seeing it in person.

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

The SE has a full light show. Having the game and seeing it (not on stream) I can say even if you could swap out the rails as a mod I wouldn’t even bother. Not after seeing it in person.

Thanks for that Jason. I’m pretty sure you’re the only person in this thread that has played both. Haha

#296 3 years ago

Looking forward to early next year and maybe buying a used SE. I’m not getting aboard the clear coat complaining train buying NIB.

To paraphrase Gump, life is like a new-in-box JJP, never know what you’re gonna get.

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks for that Jason. I’m pretty sure you’re the only person in this thread that has played both. Haha

I'm pretty sure he's not. Haha

Quoted from Yelobird:

Got to play the SE at the GAP open house with the JJP team and it was a blast.

Quoted from Yelobird:

I will only say after playing the LE for a week

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I'm pretty sure he's not. Haha

That doesnt count, he cheated

#299 3 years ago

I only had time to watch a little bit of the stream, so this is a useless opinion.

Damn, Jack’s timing sucks. I just finished setting my house up for winter. My new TZ is in the gameroom. I’ve done some “winter swaps” with friends to change up the lineup. AFM is running perfectly. And then Jack drops a great looking game that seems to be remarkably reasonably priced. So now I need to think about squeezing another game into the house? That’s gonna be a tough one.

#300 3 years ago

Man...that was a disappointing stream.

CE foul-ups, game orders backed up being shipped, playfields seemingly pooling, and a really underwhelming fairly barren SE being streamed have really taken the wind out of the sails for me, for this game.

These streams need to cap off at 30-60 minutes. The energy just fizzles, and this one in particular seemed really low energy.

The white hotrails lose so much via no color changing, and no spotlights, the entire concert atmosphere seems more like a wet thud than a hard rock smash that the LE brings.

Game seems stripped to near Stern Pro levels, though the guys streaming incessantly said otherwise, and how little of a difference there was, over and over and over again. Yeesh. Seriously guys?

Even though I really don't like the upper playfield much, removing it and the bass and guitar necks AND the spotlights and color hotrails remove nearly all of the underglass excitement.

If JJP was stripping so much, they clearly could have put more than that weird empty, raptor Stern type plastics up there along with Axl.

Wonka SE is a far, far fuller game, sadly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-seen-gnr-se-being-played/page/6?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.