Topic Stats

• 412 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 66 days ago by Bearcat
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

87ECAF4B-3DDC-4775-A623-DEA3756A2824 (resized).jpeg
2B8683CA-1974-474C-BF68-CC82839A3740 (resized).jpeg
F97BCEA4-B4CB-4872-8A19-2E552F701819 (resized).png
CA8728C9-144C-4F83-8771-1EAB59722FD7 (resized).jpeg
3EEFD942-F43C-47D0-9450-2DF9B479E625 (resized).jpeg
576BFDF4-9763-468F-BBB5-02AF03322517 (resized).jpeg
F592B406-FD83-4583-A0B6-1D676B4068C6 (resized).png
05CC8D1A-D6DC-47C3-BF09-466DF35EAB7C (resized).png
76DCA6A7-000E-49F6-BDA3-7B17311338D7 (resized).jpeg
7F2091BE-4A46-4D06-BE82-A2E6CA97E199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201021-073619_Facebook (resized).jpg
2BAB20EE-12A7-4908-8880-D236F89F2977 (resized).jpeg
AD4B3286-65E5-4526-9FEC-DFD920CEBD68 (resized).jpeg
2jbcq1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
454E0ABC-99B8-4A00-A176-7EBB398D1D84 (resized).jpeg

There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#201 3 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What’s the deal with the “if it brings kids into pinball” argument I see bandied about so often?
The hell with kids. They cannot buy these games. They cannot be patrons of establishments that have pins without an adult bringing them there. Maybe in some cases, like a bar, they couldn’t enter even with an adult.
This is my hobby. This is your hobby. This isn’t a child’s hobby. The kids enjoy their Tik Tok phone apps. Pinball is boring to them. Unless they’re autistic or on the spectrum and can get lost batting a pinball around (like me, I suspect), they will walk away from a pin after setting a 4 player game.
Bring on a John Wick pin
Matrix 4 is coming soon, how about finally a Matrix pin?
Kingsman Secret Service
Wanna go back in time for a theme? Pulp Fiction.
Mad Max had a recent movie
Fucking Toy Story? Weak.

I vote for The Matrix and than Mad Mad

#202 3 months ago

I can see the SE being just as fun. The upper playfield shots and action didn’t wow me, but the two shots are satisfying because they are difficult to make.

I had two overhead lights blasted on the game last night so the light show was pretty muted. Still was amazing. So I think was the SE loses in light show won’t be a big deal. I hope I’m right, as the SE is the only game in my price range.

#203 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can see the SE being just as fun. The upper playfield shots and action didn’t wow me, but the two shots are satisfying because they are difficult to make.
I had two overhead lights blasted on the game last night so the light show was pretty muted. Still was amazing. So I think was the SE loses in light show won’t be a big deal. I hope I’m right, as the SE is the only game in my price range.

I hope you are right too. I could afford the LE but I have already 11 pins and that's a lot of money to be into games, much easier to add an $7K pin than nearly $10K pin (without selling anything).

I believe the fastness of the left ramp might be great with the MB heavy rules.

#204 3 months ago

Not sure how making song modes into MBs and getting power chords will work on the SE though. I guess we will find soon enough.

#205 3 months ago
Quoted from rai:

this is your opinion, but some might prefer the left ramp shot may be more satisfying because it brings the ball right back into play.

The ball doesn't stay up there long at all. It comes right back into play. Physical locks are more fun than virtual IMO.

#206 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure how making song modes into MBs and getting power chords will work on the SE though. I guess we will find soon enough.

There is NO Power Chord jackpot on the SE. JJP has stated that.

#207 3 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There is NO Power Chord jackpot on the SE. JJP has stated that.

Makes sense. Well now that I know the rules, that’s a bummer. Haha

#208 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Makes sense. Well now that I know the rules, that’s a bummer. Haha

It does. I'm sure the SE will be a great game in its own right. For me the LE features were more compelling.

#209 3 months ago

Yeah it’s not a dream theme at all, so SE or nothing for me. Way too much money for the LE.

So if I get it I’ll live without that stuff. But a player like me loves stuff like power chord JPs.

#210 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah it’s not a dream theme at all, so SE or nothing for me. Way too much money for the LE.
So if I get it I’ll live without that stuff. But a player like me loves stuff like power chord JPs.

Posted this in the hype thread:

If you want to have a huge song jackpot, you need to build the value of the song before you start it. You mainly do this two ways:

1. The 4 booster 2 ball multiballs (Pyro, Lights, Crowd, Amp). Think of these as the opening act of a concert. They are all stackable together so it can get crazy. If you do well in them, the song level (value) will be higher.

2. Locking as many balls as possible. You can see which band members have locked balls as their particular revolver insert between the flippers will be green. If you lock all 6 balls your song will have a high starting value.

When you start the song, you see the song level in the lower left of the big screen. 20 is low, 100 is good, 150 is amazing. You can build the song level as you play the song, but you want to start with as high a level as possible. People that don't know this will not usually get HUGE song jackpots.

chuckwurt The Power Chord Jackpots are nice, but the song jackpot is much more important. I think my max power chord is 4. That was pretty fun.

#211 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Balls are locked virtually, no power chord feature at all. Said there was no way for that to work with the SE. But like TWD is missing the walker bombs, you can still play without walker bombs will have to play without power chord rules..

#212 3 months ago

SE is missing the stand up target for 'lights' which is on the upper PF not sure what they're doing with that?

#213 3 months ago
Quoted from rai:

SE is missing the stand up target for 'lights' which is on the upper PF not sure what they're doing with that?

I remember JJP saying something about it, but can't remember if it was a stream or podcast. I *believe* they said you can spell lights with the left ramp??

#214 3 months ago

Yeah I assume the left ramp locks balls virtually, give bass guitar credit, and lights. Sounds like the SE will be way easier. Haha

#215 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I assume the left ramp locks balls virtually, give bass guitar credit, and lights. Sounds like the SE will be way easier. Haha

Also you would collect patches much faster. Spelling GNR (left inlane) collects patches. Patch Sets (sets of like patches) have huge benefits.

#216 3 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Also you would collect patches much faster. Spelling GNR (left inlane) collects patches. Patch Sets (sets of like patches) have huge benefits.

Good call. Love those triple stacked inlanes. Genius and allows them to have 3 times the uses. Haha

#217 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

2BAB20EE-12A7-4908-8880-D236F89F2977 (resized).jpeg

#218 3 months ago

Have any of the SE shipped yet?

#219 3 months ago

I wonder if the stage lights on the SE represent ball locks? I also believe the guitar sculpt on the ramp lights to indicate something. Also thinking there could be a code nuance to make locking a ball a little more complex than just hitting the ramp.

#220 3 months ago

Bump! Has anyone seen an SE played or streamed?

#221 3 months ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

Bump! Has anyone seen an SE played or streamed?

No streams until a homeowner shows us.

#222 3 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My distro told me 1-3 weeks for SEs to start shipping. This was yesterday, so fingers crossed its closer to the 1 week time frame

#223 3 months ago

Anyone know where to pick one up for 6750 cash?

#224 3 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

From JJP Facebook. We may see one sooner?

Screenshot_20201021-073619_Facebook (resized).jpg
#225 3 months ago

I think the SE can be a sneaky good seller for JJP.

#226 3 months ago

Wasn’t there factory photos of basically complete SE’s from 2 weeks ago? Surprising that none have shipped.

#227 3 months ago
Quoted from tp:

Anyone know where to pick one up for 6750 cash?

My distro price was 6850 shipped

#228 3 months ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Wasn’t there factory photos of basically complete SE’s from 2 weeks ago? Surprising that none have shipped.

I would have thought so too, but I dont want to even pretend to know anything about pinball machine manufacturing. Only reason I can come up with is maybe they want to produce enough to fulfill all the initial orders at one time for logistics reason.

Just an assumption though. I saw the same pics, so I thought I would already be playing, haha.

#229 3 months ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I would have thought so too, but I dont want to even pretend to know anything about pinball machine manufacturing. Only reason I can come up with is maybe they want to produce enough to fulfill all the initial orders at one time for logistics reason.
Just an assumption though. I saw the same pics, so I thought I would already be playing, haha.

I think your on the right path. You can’t call a truck in for every game off the line to satisfy one customer. 100 games and 100 trucks Or 100 games and 5 trucks. Logistics.

#230 3 months ago

They surely have a production SE game at the factory that is complete and should put out a quick vid for customers on the fence.

Doesn’t need to be a epic production just a quick glimpse of gameplay showing lighting etc..

#231 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They surely have a production SE game at the factory that is complete and should put out a quick vid for customers on the fence.
Doesn’t need to be a epic production just a quick glimpse of gameplay showing lighting etc..

Either they aren't showing it for two reasons...

1) JJP is incompetent at marketing (doubt it)
2) They are pushing people to LEs and don't want a great SE video to push people away from it

#232 3 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

2) They are pushing people to LEs and don't want a great SE video to push people away from it

I'm hoping that it's #3
3. They are making professionally shot and edited videos to feature both SE and LE gameplay and highlight the differences between the two versions. Stern does something similar to show the differences between Pro an Premium games. If they just put out a hastily shot SE video that is done poorly, it may hinder sales more than help it. I also didn't think that the Buffalo Pinball gameplay video really helped them show off the gameplay or the excitement of the game well. I think they would be better served to show video from multiple angles (top down doesn't show off this game well) in an environment that shows off the games lighting and features in a positive manner. In these times of Covid where it's not easy for people to play these games in person, I think spending money to produce professionally shot videos are a necessity.

#233 3 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Interesting, most likely JJP makes most profit on CE second most on LE and lowest profit on SE they’re probably hoping for the easy low hanging money, die hard fans to buy the LEs thus making more profits.

I find it funny how people claim LE is the only way to go (people saying you’re missing too much on the SE) those people have never played the SE so how can they be so sure?

#234 3 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm hoping that it's #3
3. They are making professionally shot and edited videos to feature both SE and LE gameplay and highlight the differences between the two versions. If they just put out a hastily shot SE video that is done poorly, it may hinder sales more than help it. I also didn't think that the Buffalo Pinball gameplay video really helped them show off the gameplay or the excitement of the game well. I think they would be better served to show video from multiple angles (top down doesn't show off this game well) in an environment that shows off the games lighting and features in a positive manner. In these times of Covid where it's not easy for people to play these games in person, I think spending money to produce professionally shot videos are a necessity.

I agree Buffalo was a rough showing. Didn’t get me excited.

#235 3 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm hoping that it's #3
3. They are making professionally shot and edited videos to feature both SE and LE gameplay and highlight the differences between the two versions. Stern does something similar to show the differences between Pro an Premium games. If they just put out a hastily shot SE video that is done poorly, it may hinder sales more than help it. I also didn't think that the Buffalo Pinball gameplay video really helped them show off the gameplay or the excitement of the game well. I think they would be better served to show video from multiple angles (top down doesn't show off this game well) in an environment that shows off the games lighting and features in a positive manner. In these times of Covid where it's not easy for people to play these games in person, I think spending money to produce professionally shot videos are a necessity.

Highly highly doubt it. If that was the case they would have put out bad gameplay videos of the SE along with the LE. Not showing the SE is obviously intentional... and I think the CE/LEs selling well has even further enticed them to hold on promoting the SE.

#236 3 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree Buffalo was a rough showing. Didn’t get me excited.

Agree tough to watch, I lasted about 10 minutes.

#237 3 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm hoping that it's #3

Maybe even a 4th option.

Sales have FAR exceeded anything they have ever done, they cant even come close to keeping up with demand currently, so there is no motivation to market this game currently.

I mean the CE is sold out, the LE is selling like crazy, and im willing to bet the SE is also selling very well. I was told distributors are getting a fraction of what they requested on the SE, and we already know CE & LE were slim pickings.

They had a very well thought out launch for this game, and it paid off. I can see there motivation and energy being focused 100 percent on producing product currently.

#238 3 months ago

I'm would guess the profit made between the SE and LE are pretty similar. Still the same business costs no matter which model you are running at the time, cost is reduced out of the BOM

#239 3 months ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

I'm would guess the profit made between the SE and LE are pretty similar. Still the same business costs no matter which model you are running at the time, cost is taken out of the BOM

You think the LE BOM is $2800 more than the SE? I bet it's less than 1/4 of that.

#240 3 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You think the LE BOM is $2800 more than the SE? I bet it's less than 1/4 of that.

There are additional licensing costs in the LE with fender and gibson but that is a fair point I didn't figure the math of parts, and I would have no way of knowing their bulk costs... Probably more profit on the LE but I don't think they're taking losses on the SE either

#241 3 months ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

I'm would guess the profit made between the SE and LE are pretty similar. Still the same business costs no matter which model you are running at the time, cost is reduced out of the BOM

Probably $500 more to make a LE.

This is why Tesla took forever to sell the low price Model 3. They made way more profit on a $50K Model 3.

90% or more the SE is the same game as the LE. A decal costs the same if it’s a LE or SE doesn’t matter. A shaker may sell for $100 but may only cost $10 for JJP.

The SE you get more for your money, 90% of a full GnR for 70% of the price.

#242 3 months ago

$6750 is a great price for a JJP build game. I sold my Tron for $6700.

See this TWD premium loaded with mods was asking $6750

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104215

It’s just a nice price maybe you can slip it by the wife without too much bother. But almost $10K for an LE that’s seriously long money (almost 2x Stern pro).

#243 3 months ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Maybe even a 4th option.
Sales have FAR exceeded anything they have ever done, they cant even come close to keeping up with demand currently, so there is no motivation to market this game currently.
I mean the CE is sold out, the LE is selling like crazy, and im willing to bet the SE is also selling very well. I was told distributors are getting a fraction of what they requested on the SE, and we already know CE & LE were slim pickings.
They had a very well thought out launch for this game, and it paid off. I can see there motivation and energy being focused 100 percent on producing product currently.

Let’s go for option #5:
Demand far exceeded expectations and now they’re scrambling like headless chickens.

Paging option 6...

#244 3 months ago

Very curious to see SE gameplay.......

#245 3 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Interesting, most likely JJP makes most profit on CE second most on LE and lowest profit on SE they’re probably hoping for the easy low hanging money, die hard fans to buy the LEs thus making more profits.
I find it funny how people claim LE is the only way to go (people saying you’re missing too much on the SE) those people have never played the SE so how can they be so sure?

? I posted and played the SE and the LE Is the only way to go! lol Honestly they are All great games you just buy what you like or budget holds.

#246 3 months ago

Heads up: Friday 6pm cst GNR Standard Stream on Flip N Out Pinball for anyone interested

Twitch search flipnoutpinball

#248 89 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Heads up: Friday 6pm cst GNR Standard Stream on Flip N Out Pinball for anyone interested
Twitch search flipnoutpinball

Fantastic. Will be watching. Thanks

#249 89 days ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You racist homophobic bastard

Someone has never listened to One in a Million....

#250 89 days ago
7F2091BE-4A46-4D06-BE82-A2E6CA97E199 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 149.95
Pinball Machine
COINTAKER.COM
$ 6,750.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside