New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 278963)

Anyone seen GNR SE being played??

By Brkuk

13 days ago

Topic Stats

• 219 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by nicoy3k
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2BAB20EE-12A7-4908-8880-D236F89F2977 (resized).jpeg
AD4B3286-65E5-4526-9FEC-DFD920CEBD68 (resized).jpeg
2jbcq1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
454E0ABC-99B8-4A00-A176-7EBB398D1D84 (resized).jpeg
20201015_073032.jpg
20201015_073052.jpg
20201015_073113.jpg
F46F3093-42DE-43CE-AA02-39E09CE46F51 (resized).jpeg
0F801054-E5D2-4795-AB89-79E78F419CF1 (resized).jpeg
5D2533D6-4B60-4750-B212-259B139BA360 (resized).jpeg
D34F1F31-3327-461B-AFF9-A41BE467D83D (resized).jpeg
3B1E5384-2BA5-435A-A1F7-DF8E83238378 (resized).jpeg
7563D78C-DCD9-43F6-AB4B-0B428F42E17E (resized).png
BDB7A00A-2EB6-4545-AADC-1E54965815D1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0789 (resized).PNG

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 3 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What’s the deal with the “if it brings kids into pinball” argument I see bandied about so often?
The hell with kids. They cannot buy these games. They cannot be patrons of establishments that have pins without an adult bringing them there. Maybe in some cases, like a bar, they couldn’t enter even with an adult.
This is my hobby. This is your hobby. This isn’t a child’s hobby. The kids enjoy their Tik Tok phone apps. Pinball is boring to them. Unless they’re autistic or on the spectrum and can get lost batting a pinball around (like me, I suspect), they will walk away from a pin after setting a 4 player game.
Bring on a John Wick pin
Matrix 4 is coming soon, how about finally a Matrix pin?
Kingsman Secret Service
Wanna go back in time for a theme? Pulp Fiction.
Mad Max had a recent movie
Fucking Toy Story? Weak.

I vote for The Matrix and than Mad Mad

#202 3 days ago

I can see the SE being just as fun. The upper playfield shots and action didn’t wow me, but the two shots are satisfying because they are difficult to make.

I had two overhead lights blasted on the game last night so the light show was pretty muted. Still was amazing. So I think was the SE loses in light show won’t be a big deal. I hope I’m right, as the SE is the only game in my price range.

#203 3 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can see the SE being just as fun. The upper playfield shots and action didn’t wow me, but the two shots are satisfying because they are difficult to make.
I had two overhead lights blasted on the game last night so the light show was pretty muted. Still was amazing. So I think was the SE loses in light show won’t be a big deal. I hope I’m right, as the SE is the only game in my price range.

I hope you are right too. I could afford the LE but I have already 11 pins and that's a lot of money to be into games, much easier to add an $7K pin than nearly $10K pin (without selling anything).

I believe the fastness of the left ramp might be great with the MB heavy rules.

#204 3 days ago

Not sure how making song modes into MBs and getting power chords will work on the SE though. I guess we will find soon enough.

#205 3 days ago
Quoted from rai:

this is your opinion, but some might prefer the left ramp shot may be more satisfying because it brings the ball right back into play.

The ball doesn't stay up there long at all. It comes right back into play. Physical locks are more fun than virtual IMO.

#206 3 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure how making song modes into MBs and getting power chords will work on the SE though. I guess we will find soon enough.

There is NO Power Chord jackpot on the SE. JJP has stated that.

#207 3 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There is NO Power Chord jackpot on the SE. JJP has stated that.

Makes sense. Well now that I know the rules, that’s a bummer. Haha

#208 3 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Makes sense. Well now that I know the rules, that’s a bummer. Haha

It does. I'm sure the SE will be a great game in its own right. For me the LE features were more compelling.

#209 3 days ago

Yeah it’s not a dream theme at all, so SE or nothing for me. Way too much money for the LE.

So if I get it I’ll live without that stuff. But a player like me loves stuff like power chord JPs.

#210 3 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah it’s not a dream theme at all, so SE or nothing for me. Way too much money for the LE.
So if I get it I’ll live without that stuff. But a player like me loves stuff like power chord JPs.

Posted this in the hype thread:

If you want to have a huge song jackpot, you need to build the value of the song before you start it. You mainly do this two ways:

1. The 4 booster 2 ball multiballs (Pyro, Lights, Crowd, Amp). Think of these as the opening act of a concert. They are all stackable together so it can get crazy. If you do well in them, the song level (value) will be higher.

2. Locking as many balls as possible. You can see which band members have locked balls as their particular revolver insert between the flippers will be green. If you lock all 6 balls your song will have a high starting value.

When you start the song, you see the song level in the lower left of the big screen. 20 is low, 100 is good, 150 is amazing. You can build the song level as you play the song, but you want to start with as high a level as possible. People that don't know this will not usually get HUGE song jackpots.

chuckwurt The Power Chord Jackpots are nice, but the song jackpot is much more important. I think my max power chord is 4. That was pretty fun.

#211 3 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Balls are locked virtually, no power chord feature at all. Said there was no way for that to work with the SE. But like TWD is missing the walker bombs, you can still play without walker bombs will have to play without power chord rules..

#212 3 days ago

SE is missing the stand up target for 'lights' which is on the upper PF not sure what they're doing with that?

#213 3 days ago
Quoted from rai:

SE is missing the stand up target for 'lights' which is on the upper PF not sure what they're doing with that?

I remember JJP saying something about it, but can't remember if it was a stream or podcast. I *believe* they said you can spell lights with the left ramp??

#214 3 days ago

Yeah I assume the left ramp locks balls virtually, give bass guitar credit, and lights. Sounds like the SE will be way easier. Haha

#215 3 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I assume the left ramp locks balls virtually, give bass guitar credit, and lights. Sounds like the SE will be way easier. Haha

Also you would collect patches much faster. Spelling GNR (left inlane) collects patches. Patch Sets (sets of like patches) have huge benefits.

#216 3 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Also you would collect patches much faster. Spelling GNR (left inlane) collects patches. Patch Sets (sets of like patches) have huge benefits.

Good call. Love those triple stacked inlanes. Genius and allows them to have 3 times the uses. Haha

#217 3 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

2BAB20EE-12A7-4908-8880-D236F89F2977 (resized).jpeg

#218 2 days ago

Have any of the SE shipped yet?

#219 2 days ago

I wonder if the stage lights on the SE represent ball locks? I also believe the guitar sculpt on the ramp lights to indicate something. Also thinking there could be a code nuance to make locking a ball a little more complex than just hitting the ramp.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 6,750.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, NE
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 6,750.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 45.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 90.00
Lighting - Led
Geeteoh Electronics
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside