(Topic ID: 187655)

Anyone Remember Just For Fun Arcade In Arlington Heights, IL??

By PAPPYBALL

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Schusler
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TownAndCountry (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

I remember falling in love with Discs of Tron there. There was also another arcade just NW of there on Rand. It was across the street from where Burlington Coat Factory is. Played a Zaccaria Time Machine there.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

I don't remember the arcade across from Burlington Coat Factory at all! How long ago was that one? You remember what it was called? I remember before it was all developed with the Trader Joes and the Barnes & Noble Etc... That there was some old motel there and don't remember what else, I thought nothing, like just overgrown lots.

It was a couple of buildings to the left of the Car Wash. They always had tons of cocktail arcade games in the center. I remember it well because my Mom always shopped at that Marshall's that used to be there and I would bug here for a couple of bucks, cross Rand and hit that arcade. It wasn't there long, the location was terrible.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

Boy my memory is not good on this one. I don't remember the car wash. So we are talking south of Rand and East of Arlington Heights Road? I am thinking you're talking about where the Binny's is right now?

NW of Arl Hts Rd & Rand. Car Wash is still there. Building might be a mattress store now.

4 years later
    #40 2 years ago
    Quoted from sixtybones:

I know this post is ancient, but there really isn't any info anywhere on "just for fun" in T&C.
    I contacted the historical society and did a million searches. If anyone has a photo of this arcade, I would love to hang it in my arcade. I thought it would be worth a try to ask here.

Just for Fun wasn't in Town & Country . It was in an independent building on Rand Rd, across from Burlington Coat Factory, right next to the tunnel car wash.

Added over 3 years ago:

My bad, it WAS Just For Fun in the mall. Now I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the independent arcade across from Burlington Coat Factory!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-remember-just-for-fun-arcade-in-arlington-heights-il?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.