Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by epotech
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mystery_tables.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Looking through a Spanish selling site I came across this photo...

It's very blurry, but not to do with me... I recognise the game in the middle (Ana Bond) but the two either side of it I'm totally lost on...

Anyone have a clue as to what they are??

the one to Miss Bond's right looks kind of nice...

Mystery_tables.JPGMystery_tables.JPG

#2 11 years ago

Far one is Op Art by Talleres Del Llobregat, still working on the closer one.

#4 11 years ago

Sorry for my delayed thanks for your excellent replies, was off the net the whole weekend!! I'm very impressed that you figured these out!!

Even though the games look very boring to play, the artwork makes them strangely attractive, especially the Op Art... Any clues as to the value of these things?? I guess it's a small market and small supply, so it's quite volatile...

Does anyone know if the Op Art is a copy of another game? I know many eurpean companies copied Gottliebs in their playfield layout and just added different art...

It's weird how Spanish pinball art from this era would typically have a sexy chick surrounded by totally goofy cartoons of idiotic looking guys... why!!?? The idiotic look of the guys spoils it quite a bit for me, but I guess it makes it unique if nothing else... Ana Bond is the same, And Mr Evil/Doom...

Thanks again, great to know!

#5 11 years ago

Jokercyclone and rancegt: that's impressive given the picture. I'am impressed too. Congrats!

#6 11 years ago

I didn't know what games they were, but once I started looking I wanted to really find out. I even tried putting OPIN in with every letter in front of it , so well done to rancegt on that one. They don't look like copies but there are so many games out there who knows.

#7 11 years ago

The credit goes to my research skills much more than my pinball knowledge. I learned quite a bit about European pinball machines that I hadn't previously known about. I'm looking forward to getting to know them better.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from rancegt:

I'm looking forward to getting to know them better.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the ride! There's a whole bunch of oddities out there!!

I wrote to the guy who posted that photo asking him what the games were (at about the same time as posting the pic here). He replied yesterday with more photo's of them (nothing to beat what was already in the links above by the way) and stated that they're very collectable and worth around 3000euro each! ($5k)... He was actually selling other non-Spanish EMs but these photo's just happened to be in the batch he put up...

I'm surprised he rates them at $5k games...

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

I'm surprised he rates them at $5k games...

I am surprised too. Low offer / Low demand (?) market makes prices unpredictable.

#10 11 years ago

great website to visit that pinballspain.comyr.com
    Lots of pins that i have never seen or heard of before,
    lots of them knock off copies of GTB/WMS games from the E/M era.
    Look up Maresa " Picnic" for an eye opener about Political Incorrectness;
    It was different time and culture 50 yrs ago.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Look up Maresa " Picnic" for an eye opener about Political Incorrectness;

Yes, it's a fascinating site for sure, I've been through the entire thing and am trying to track down many games for myself... I've kind of become a bit obsessed with these odd Spanish titles!!

I'd not noticed the Pic Nic before... I'd seen it, but it didn't stand out as being anything special... but I see what you mean about political incorrectness... I guess the theme here is that a rich white family go for a picnic and bring their black slaves along to entertaing them and look after the baby...

#12 11 years ago

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5089&picno=40872

This one is mine. Made by Talleres De Llobregat (Automaticos) Spain. Only one left of a run of 24 games. Op bought the entire run and smashed up 23 of them when they didn't do any good on location. Mainly Gottlieb mechanisms.
    Was used in the London IFPA world championships. Couldn't get Andre Massenkoff off it!

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

This one is mine. Made by Talleres De Llobregat (Automaticos) Spain. Only one left of a run of 24 games.

That's cool dude! Only just been able to see it on the IPDB due to work firewall...

Do you know if the playfield layout is a copy of a gottlieb?

#14 11 years ago

original layout as far as I know.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-recognise-these-two-pinballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.